Author Topic: 7th Heaven 1.5.6.0 Extra Folder slower loadtimes bug  (Read 2207 times)

KohryuZX

• View Profile
Im pretty sure i found a new bug, last night after 2 days of modding my ff7  i was distraught when i realized that the load times when compared to the unmodded version were completely and utterly unplayable, sometimes even 20 seconds just to reload the field after a battle.
Initially i blame my computer but then i spent hours upon hours (i didn't really have much to do since i didn't have internet at the time) digging into things like settings, different backgrounds and a other of other things.

After i don't even know how much trial and error, i FINALLY found the culprit, the Extra Folder section in general settings.

I found out that every time i run the game, the settings automatically add 1 set of music and direct folders to the folder list,  i was doing a lot of trial and testing of the mods so by the time i was done my list has 30 sets of those folders causing stupidly long load times.

Right now the only solution I've found that works is to manually delete the list down to a single set of direct and music so as to let the mods still work, but i'd love being able to not have to do that as I'm sure I'm having a very small loadtime lag caused by the second set that is added every time i run the game.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
Re: 7th Heaven 1.5.6.0 Extra Folder slower loadtimes bug
« Reply #1 on: 2019-05-19 20:04:30 »
Yeah that's a known issue unfortunately. Only fix for it is to wait till the next 7th Heaven update.  :|

KohryuZX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-05-19 20:28:40 »
I wonder if i wouldn't be better off downgrading to the 154 version.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-05-19 22:50:29 »
No reason you can't.  you can also manually clear all the extra instances before running ff7.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel