Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 391117 times)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven 2.0
« Reply #250 on: 2020-03-22 07:58:11 »
Alright, noted. Thank you!

I have a question that I think fits in this thread. Like many people who installed 7th Heaven, I had a lot of issues getting my Dualshock 4 to work correctly. I followed the guide that was posted upthread (the one asking to download Antimicro), and after some fiddling, I managed to get everything to work!

However, I'm wondering if it would be possible to solve the controller issues easily by adding 7th Heaven to Steam as a non-Steam game. I tried it yesterday, but it had no effect. I know this trick works for games though; I had issues with my GOG copy of Stardew Valley in that the Dualshock 4 would be incorrectly parametered. I solved this by adding SV to Steam as a non-Steam game, which allowed the game to take advantage of Steam's controller compatibility function. And it wasn't just vanilla SV, but the different executable that was provided by the game's mod manager from NexusMods.

Could it be possible for 7th Heaven to also benefit from that somehow? I did add the tool to Steam as a non-Steam game, so maybe it could work with some alterations to it?

In any case, thanks again!

Glad you got things working. Steam doesn't have anything to do with 7th Heaven. 7H is its own executable and is just a mod manager. It launches its own ff7.exe (the 1998 version that 7H installs for you) and injects the mods into the game when you click the Play button. So, it is a couple of steps removed from just being the game or even a non-steam "game". I've read/heard lots of attempts from people to do a bunch of fiddling with 7H/Steam to just hit a brick wall. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about with 7H and Steam. The controls/controllers, in-game overlays, achievements, etc. are just not affected/possible to tweak with 7H and Steam. The most I've heard of (maybe?) working is getting Steam to display to your friends that you are "Playing Final Fantasy VII" by adding 7H and renaming it.

Loki_

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2020-03-22 12:27:02 »
Sorry it took a while to get back to you HERE is the screenshots you asked for if theres any other place youd liek to see let me know of if you want the re-shade file i have it on my GD so i can give you a link to download if youd like

Thanks mate, can you share the files and a little tip about how to install them? Thanks :)
« Last Edit: 2020-03-23 07:21:34 by Loki_ »

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2020-03-22 14:41:46 »
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about with 7H and Steam. The controls/controllers, in-game overlays, achievements, etc. are just not affected/possible to tweak with 7H and Steam. The most I've heard of (maybe?) working is getting Steam to display to your friends that you are "Playing Final Fantasy VII" by adding 7H and renaming it.
Oh I personally don't care about the features of Steam such as achievements and the like in regard to FFVII. My suggestion was purely in service of making the issue around controller compatibility go away, since it keeps coming up. I thought that since it worked for modded Stardew Valley, it could be made to work with modded FFVII as well.

Xathyr

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2020-03-22 18:13:17 »
That's exactly what is expected.

So... there's no way to fix it other than just getting a video card with more VRAM? Mine's a GTX 1060 3GB and although while lowering the texture quality and spells kinda helps it only delays the unavoidable crash when alll VRAM is consumed.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2020-03-22 18:43:39 »
So... there's no way to fix it other than just getting a video card with more VRAM? Mine's a GTX 1060 3GB and although while lowering the texture quality and spells kinda helps it only delays the unavoidable crash when alll VRAM is consumed.
No, the VRAM has nothing to do with it.  Unab0mb's getting very annoyed with people who keep asking, and I can't blame him.  The graphics driver is limited by the game engine to a 32-bit address space, which *theoretically* means 4GB max, but comes to about 3GB in practice.  Throwing new hardware at it isn't going to make a lick of difference.  The Team Avalanche and Project Edge folks know about this and are trying to come up with band-aids while the driver's memory management is improved, but for now this is the best advice we can give you:
1.  Enable texture compression, and clear your cache any time there's an update to a graphics mod you're using.
2.  Don't go manually editing the config files and twisting knobs you don't understand.  We spent a lot of time trying to find the safest defaults (that's why things like PBO are default disabled)
3.  Save early, save often.

Xathyr

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2020-03-22 22:02:38 »
No, the VRAM has nothing to do with it.  Unab0mb's getting very annoyed with people who keep asking, and I can't blame him.  The graphics driver is limited by the game engine to a 32-bit address space, which *theoretically* means 4GB max, but comes to about 3GB in practice.  Throwing new hardware at it isn't going to make a lick of difference.  The Team Avalanche and Project Edge folks know about this and are trying to come up with band-aids while the driver's memory management is improved, but for now this is the best advice we can give you:
1.  Enable texture compression, and clear your cache any time there's an update to a graphics mod you're using.
2.  Don't go manually editing the config files and twisting knobs you don't understand.  We spent a lot of time trying to find the safest defaults (that's why things like PBO are default disabled)
3.  Save early, save often.

Ok, now i understand.

Also i have to apologize, i'm aware that among the faq this problem is probably refered as "My Game Driver/FF7 keeps crashing. Why?" but i was uncertain if it was actually related or not, so, sorry about that, i was trying to understand why was this happening and if there was something that i could do about it (that could also probably help others).

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #256 on: 2020-03-22 23:27:31 »
Although to be fair, reunion r06c does a much better job with it and crashes due to it are minimal.  So it will likely be older aali code making it worse.

It doesn't. It's not "old" and is based on TrueOdin's work in FFnx and we've even tried bleeding edge FFnx and these crashes still occur. It's inherent in all versions of the driver until the texture cache management is fixed. In general, Reunion won't experience the problems at often because it's essentially vanilla and isn't pushing hundred MB fields for each scene. Folks have reported the exact same problem in your channel on Discord. If clicking play without mods, it'd of course be a lot more stable, but that's not most people's setup or use case when using 7h.

loneshoe

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2020-03-23 22:00:25 »
Hi. I ran into an issue with mounting. My OS is Windows 10 and I've already tried manually mounting the provided disc but with no luck.

### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
Checking FF7 is not running ...
Checking FF7 .exe exists at C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\FF7.exe ...
Verifying installed game is compatible ...
Verifying game is not installed in a System/Protected folder ...
Verifying game is full/max install ...
Creating missing required directories ...
Verifying additional files for 'battle' & 'kernel' folders exist ...
Verifying all movie files exist ...
Verifying music files exist ...
Verifying latest game driver is installed ...
   7H_GameDriver.dll file is up to date.
Verifying game driver shaders folders exist ...
Verifying ff7 exe ...
Checking a profile is active ...
Checking mod compatibility requirements ...
Checking mod constraints for compatibility ...
Checking mod load order requirements ...
Looking for game disc ...
Failed to find game disc ...
Auto mounting virtual game disc ...
Looking for game disc after mounting ...
Failed to find game disc after auto mounting ...
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #258 on: 2020-03-24 01:53:01 »
Hi. I ran into an issue with mounting. My OS is Windows 10 and I've already tried manually mounting the provided disc but with no luck.

Checking FF7 .exe exists at C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\FF7.exe ...
Creating missing required directories ...
Verifying additional files for 'battle' & 'kernel' folders exist ...
Verifying all movie files exist ...
Verifying music files exist ...
Verifying latest game driver is installed ...
   7H_GameDriver.dll file is up to date.
Verifying game driver shaders folders exist ...
Verifying ff7 exe ...
Checking a profile is active ...
Checking mod compatibility requirements ...
Checking mod constraints for compatibility ...
Checking mod load order requirements ...
Looking for game disc ...
Failed to find game disc ...
Auto mounting virtual game disc ...
Looking for game disc after mounting ...
Failed to find game disc after auto mounting ...

Something is wrong with your PowerShell most likely, as that is what 7H is using behind the scenes. If PowerShell is fine, then the underlying ISO mount feature is broken in your system. Which seems likely since you can't manually mount it either. You'll have to search for your problem/resolution elsewhere in relation to that feature in Windows. Otherwise use a 3rd party program to manually mount the ISO or name a USB drive or hard drive to FFDISC1.

J.Bloodwheel

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2020-03-24 07:29:44 »
I don't know why my post was deleted, but like I said in the ending FMV all dialogue is in french. I did some experimentation and found out the reason is the "Media - Qhimm Catalog" mod. The only way to fix it is by deactivating the mod completely but that means you don't get the chibi replacement for the cutscenes, the updated soundtrack or anything else you might want from it.

Xathyr

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2020-03-24 08:02:21 »
I don't know why my post was deleted, but like I said in the ending FMV all dialogue is in french. I did some experimentation and found out the reason is the "Media - Qhimm Catalog" mod. The only way to fix it is by deactivating the mod completely but that means you don't get the chibi replacement for the cutscenes, the updated soundtrack or anything else you might want from it.

It was probably moved to a new thread due to this topic being related to 7th Heaven itself and not it's mods. If you search a bit on this forum you will find a few threads adressing this mod issues.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-24 08:11:29 by Xathyr »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #261 on: 2020-03-24 10:23:25 »
Yes, it wasn’t deleted. I split it and moved to the 7H thread since it didn’t involve an issue with the tool itself.

Raulfin

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2020-03-27 18:37:56 »
Just a few little things I've noticed so far.
1. DL recovery, if a dl fails the partial file is kept in temp, restarting the dl just overwrites the partial file. trying to dl larger files with intermitant connection causes the first few GB to be downloaded over and over.
2. In theme color, can you seperate progress bars from controls pressed, as currently they just become a blob of the selected color.
3. Showing what each control layout is, sofar all of them have been the same for me with ps4ds controller with square being cancel and O doing nothing.
4. The ff7launcher isn't giving me joystick inputs (prolly a DS4Win thing) so I can't manually change them to create my own, is it possable to add that functionality to 7H2?
5. Occasionaly files will not be moved out of temp after dl is complete, seems random.

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2020-03-27 18:53:10 »
Started having an issue today where the EasyHook is failing.  I've turned on the Code 5 fix.  The game was running perfecting.  The only changes made to the game since it last worked were updating my Nvidia drivers.  I've heard they can mess things up sometimes.  Just curious if anyone else is having this issue.

Edit:  After loading the game once without mods enabled, it started to work again.  Not sure what happened.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-27 20:20:28 by Meical »

Raulfin

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2020-03-27 19:19:37 »
Forgot about the controler config in the game so i guess 4 is moot then.
on a small not about that, i had tried to edit the controls in game and save them but it didn't work for me, i had to edit them in game, close the game, save them, then they saved correctly. saving while the game was still running didn't save the changes (which makes sense, just every post i've seen just said change it in game and save it in 7h2).
I guess i lost the ability to edit posts.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-27 22:23:42 by Raulfin »

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #265 on: 2020-03-27 23:39:03 »
Forgot about the controler config in the game so i guess 4 is moot then.
on a small not about that, i had tried to edit the controls in game and save them but it didn't work for me, i had to edit them in game, close the game, save them, then they saved correctly. saving while the game was still running didn't save the changes (which makes sense, just every post i've seen just said change it in game and save it in 7h2).
I guess i lost the ability to edit posts.

You shouldn't have to do that. The game saves your inputs after you leave the in-game menu. If that's still up, your settings haven't yet been saved. But, I recommend doing it the way yourare with just setting them then leaving the game. The tabbing out thing I've never done and don't think it as necessary unless your game is screwing up your controls on close for some reason.

1. 7h isn't designed to resume partial files. This is expected behavior. I'll be adding direct download links on the web site for people that want to download via their browser or a download manager. For now, only pause/resume is supported while in the same 7h session. This could be added in the future.

2. Should only affect the download item when selected so not too big of a deal. Themes would need changed and I don't really want to do that, but I have an idea for possible other solution. You can still see progress from the "fill in" and of course time remaining.

3/4. 7h isn't a control mapper. These are just presets made for you for convenience. Go into the game's menu to see what buttons are being applied. Steam and its launcher and settings do not apply here as these are not used by 7h in any way and are not supported in any way. 7h uses the 98 version of the game. There's a lot of information out there already about how to get 3rd party mapping tools working, including page 6 of this thread.

5. Can happen after a download fails or a mod fails to install, the file was in use, etc. 7h only attempts to delete those files once on failures but doesn't purge the folder, that's on purpose.

Raulfin

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2020-03-28 22:54:07 »
A few hr into a new game and kept noticing the sfx/music volumle would reset every time i relaunched game so i went to setting> game launcher and set them to what i wanted and lost music. setting it back to 100 did nothing, tried reseting to default didn't help. changing the file in Media (mod) did nothing. still have sfx, but 0 music.
Running ff7 directly in steam also has no music. Disabling music/sfx mods (Media and Bonez') also gives no music.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-28 23:54:58 by Raulfin »

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #267 on: 2020-03-29 18:09:12 »
A few hr into a new game and kept noticing the sfx/music volumle would reset every time i relaunched game so i went to setting> game launcher and set them to what i wanted and lost music. setting it back to 100 did nothing, tried reseting to default didn't help. changing the file in Media (mod) did nothing. still have sfx, but 0 music.
Running ff7 directly in steam also has no music. Disabling music/sfx mods (Media and Bonez') also gives no music.

Sounds like you broke it pretty good. Have you checked your audio output device settings in Settings>Game Launcher (specifically your sound device)? There's a test audio button to the right of it also.

Raulfin

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2020-03-29 22:04:02 »
Yeah, did that. I still get all sfx, just no music.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-30 02:02:04 by Raulfin »

FunkyVo

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2020-04-01 18:40:23 »
Hello Guys!

When does 7th heaven work with the German version of Final Fantasy?

regards, Volker

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2020-04-02 02:45:20 »
Hello Guys!

regards, Volker

try using the old game converter first then run 7th heaven its been said to fix the issue with non English versions of the game

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #271 on: 2020-04-02 06:26:29 »
Hello Guys!

regards, Volker

I have a BETA version that can convert German game "out of the box" now if you want to test it. But you'd be the first to test so bugs are a possibility. Kaldarasha has also translated a bit of the UI into German as well, although it is still incomplete.

marioalpra

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2020-04-04 13:19:44 »
Hi! First of all, thanks for your wonderful work.
I've bought ffvii on steam after seeing your patch but I'm having some problems. I've installed both the game on Steam and then 7th heaven.exe following your video tutorial. The problem is that when I click "play" on 7th Heaven the following error appears:

Checking FF7 .exe exists at D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7.exe ...
...    field\flevel.lgp not found. Scanning disc(s) for files ...
...     failed to find field\flevel.lgp on any disc ...
Your FF7 installation folder is missing critical file(s). When you installed FF7, you may have accidentally chosen to install the 'Standard Install', but the 'Maximum Install' is required.

7th Heaven can repair this for you automatically. Simply insert one of your game discs and try again.

Do you know which could be the reason for this? It seems the game is not installed, but it is. In fact a legit version from steam, so I don't understand which is the problem.

I hope you can help me with this guys.
Thanks for your amazing job.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #273 on: 2020-04-04 18:50:38 »
You need to install the English language version of the game.

...or reach out to me in a DM and beta test updated language support. Let me know what language.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-04 18:52:15 by unab0mb »

marioalpra

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2020-04-04 18:52:57 »
Is it possible to buy it on Steam although I'm in Spain?
Thanks