Author Topic: FF7 Compilation info  (Read 2643 times)

obesebear

• View Profile
FF7 Compilation info
« on: 2008-02-03 01:59:33 »
I found this picture a few months back, but I have no idea how to read any type of Japanese.

Can anyone here translate this?
« Last Edit: 2008-02-08 03:31:08 by obesebear »

Synergy Blades

Re: FF7 Compilation info
« Reply #1 on: 2008-02-03 15:50:01 »
Though I can't read it, I can estimate pretty well, from what I've read about the two compilations.

The left illustrates the compilation of FF7. This collection comprises the main Final Fantasy VII game in the centre, as well as:

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2)
Dirge of Cerberus Lost Episode: Final Fantasy VII (Mobile phones)
Final Fantasy VII: Snowboarding (Mobile phones)
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
Last Order: Final Fantasy VII (DVD? Video, anyway)
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (mentions DVD/UMD, but will also be on Blu-Ray)

Apart from the ones whose platform are listed in the circles, I'm not sure what order the others are in (or which two I've missed  :-D)

It mentions at the bottom that this is a 50 billion Yen project (about $450 million).

It compares to the diagram on the right. The Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIII collection will comprise (at least) 6 projects. The three known are:

The project's main entry, Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy Agito XIII (Mobile phones)

There are likely to be (at least) a further three entries in this collection given the three hollow circles. One of these is rumoured to be Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII, an MMORPG. Comparing the two projects, this is double the FF7 one, at a 100 billion Yen project, so that's about $900 million.

You'll also notice the FF7 compilation connects to all the various entries. The FFXIII entries are not connected as they take place in the same universe, with the same crystal mythology, but have absolutely no connection to each other.

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Compilation info
« Reply #2 on: 2008-02-08 03:33:34 »
Yeah I assumed those were in there but I am really curious about the 2 that are connected to the DVD/UMD.  The one connecting to the main FF7 and the DVD is most likely the OVA, but what is the one only connected to the DVD??

Perhaps I'll go learn Japanese so I can understand this picture.