Author Topic: Double-checking translations  (Read 2363 times)

Tirlititi

• View Profile
Double-checking translations
« on: 2018-06-22 09:26:15 »
Hello,
I would like to make an international version of my FF9 mod.

For now, the mod only works with the English version but I have translated the content added by the mod in the other languages supported by the game:
Japanese, German, French, Italian and Spanish.

However, because I have little to no knowledge in these languages (except for french) and mostly did that with auto-translating, I'm afraid that there are errors and nonsensical sentences in these translations. I am especially afraid with the japanese translations: I've learned a few tips regarding how to handle auto-translations but there still may be a lot of problems with the way the sentences are made.

So, if you speak any of these languages, could you be kind enough to check whether there are issues with these translation? You'd get my eternal gratitude :D

You can see the translations here in a (hopefully) convenient way:
Alternate Fantasy Translation

I am available for any question you have regarding this script but, in general, you should see that I've tried to fit with the work of the original translators.

Thank you for reading.

link2015z

• View Profile
Re: Double-checking translations
« Reply #1 on: 2018-06-22 22:55:02 »
iI saw your post and looked to have trouble checking messages in other languages to your mod.

Here I leave an excel sheet that has the text in English, the text in Spanish and the corrected text together with the reason for the corrections.

I ask you to excuse my English because my native language is Spanish.

I hope this helps you.

https://mega.nz/#!mQASXKaA!NRpZZvp7MuW-mbpK79ETsQ597iueyUnD_RQ94oAs4fo

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-06-23 09:42:09 »
Thank you very much, that's exactly what I wished for!
I see that a couple of my mistakes were caused by a confusion with italian. That's logical considering that I often based the spanish translation on the italian translation ^^'

Also, I didn't imagine that I forgot so frequently the spanish inverted ponctuation marks. Sorry about all of these.

When I'll credit you for this help, should I use your pseudonym "link2015z" or a different one?

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: 2018-06-23 10:12:22 by Tirlititi »

link2015z

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-06-23 12:57:42 »
Thank you very much, that's exactly what I wished for!
I see that a couple of my mistakes were caused by a confusion with italian. That's logical considering that I often based the spanish translation on the italian translation ^^'

Also, I didn't imagine that I forgot so frequently the spanish inverted ponctuation marks. Sorry about all of these.

When I'll credit you for this help, should I use your pseudonym "link2015z" or a different one?

Thanks again!

You can use this pseudonym.  I'm glad i helped.