Author Topic: Team Avalanche needs your help!  (Read 27188 times)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Re: Team Avalanche needs your help!
« Reply #50 on: 2010-01-25 20:11:17 »
The main realms that need work are remaking 3d assets for battle and field, battle is a bit more intensive, as there are a wider variety of monsters and bosses. Field models I have a system in mind that will speed up the process a great deal, by making some general assets and reusing and mixing up parts to speed up the process (aka no need to make arms that are the same with different characters) so we can set up color and model shapes to choose from, then just do new textures where needed. The other giant area that needs work is remaking the prerendered backgrounds. Basically you take the original background into sketchup, get the basics of the scene worked out, then put it in blender, rematch up the scene (in blender, set the background image as needed, then when in camera view, that image is overlayed, making it easy to line up the scene). From there you model up all the details high rez, do some texture work and render at something huge :P Take your pick, let us know what you wanna do, and we'll let you know everything you need to get started.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010-01-25 20:18:35 »
one area that is also untouched in the underwater area on the world map. I currently have no plans to redo it myself, so anyone is welcome to take a shot at it. Just know that the bar for textures is somewhat high, so make sure it's quality work.

FinalTide

« Reply #52 on: 2010-01-25 22:24:59 »
Well I had already started working with sketchup and in blender remaking the md8brdg BG from flevel.lgp into 3d for rendering so I guess I'll keep on that for now. (because it seemed like everyone else was working on differing parts of the first mission).

Is there a standardized way we report what we're working on, progress/approval, or do we just post it in the forum to make sure no one else is working on the same thing? Or post in the forum for all the above for now?

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010-01-25 22:34:15 »
A work in progress section of this subforum could be handy, each person contributing could have their own thread for showing off their work, without pushing down threads for releases and such.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010-01-26 01:22:44 »
Well we do have the good ol' WIP thread

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8831.1600

we haven't much been using it, as each project such as the world map retexturing ended up getting its own, but as it seems to be going, if there is a coherent project, a wip thread gets set up for it. (ex the thread for background replacement)

IVlaximus

« Reply #55 on: 2010-04-25 03:05:14 »
Hello all! After seeing what has been done, being far beyond what i'd have even thought could be done with keeping so much intact, I think it's time for me to pitch in. I have worked some with asm long ago(gotta love psx), and even further back, had some thorough experimentation with 3ds, C, java. I'm reading more into the newer esoteric tools, so hopefully I can get a crash course in before(my biggest problem to date) I can install the new motherboard in my tower, and gear the format to do some tweaking again. But the amount of work put into this passes from a tip of the hat to a great respect, and aside from the knowledge that modding of this form is obviously a giant cash cow :roll:, i'd like to show my support in this monumental effort to make a great game even better.  ;D

Edit: Sorry if this was a necro post. :(
« Last Edit: 2010-04-25 03:21:30 by IVlaximus »

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010-04-27 20:23:34 »
quick question, since the newest driver supports direct PNG loading, will you be doing away with the modification of the LGP files? This would make installs much easier as well as reducing the overall filesize by a litle bit.

lee

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010-04-27 22:11:53 »
Absolutely. I am going to have to look into it a bit since i dont know the file structure the driver uses.