Author Topic: "Gears" - The FF7 Documentaion Project  (Read 59216 times)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
"Gears" - The FF7 Documentaion Project
« Reply #25 on: 2004-06-20 01:39:23 »
Fixed ^_^

Running linux, I have a slightly diffrent font martix that windows users. This creates a lot of "off by one" errors. I'll try and look out for that.

ADDUNDUM!!!

To keep myself from double-posting.. I just want everyone to know that I updated my Gears doc in the download area almost every night. You can grab it and review if you wish.

Topher

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2004-06-20 22:54:41 »
Do you still want those screens? (I noticed you have some in the doc. now)

I can cap some when I get home, but you'll need to be a bit more specific (What menus, etc.).

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #27 on: 2004-06-21 02:20:38 »
Maybe.

I have FF7 installed on my PC now and have been playing musical save games between my PSX emulator in Linux and the native app on windows. So I can capture from either. I did do the battle mechnics from Terrence's doc. For fun, you can capture a screenshot of all of the 31 statuses (sleep, blind, poison, silence, etc) . I can add that to battle mecanics tables.

Also does any one know when the 7777 check is made during the battle program flow. Terrence didn't mention it.

I'm working on adding all the known file formats right now. It's a bigger project that I thought. Formatting it all is such a pain ^_^

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
« Reply #28 on: 2004-06-21 08:51:02 »
Well persoanlly I reckon its only impletmented into the battle flow untill you have 7778 HP or more.  And its then inserted from there...

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2004-06-21 23:36:54 »
Quote from: halkun
Maybe.

I have FF7 installed on my PC now and have been playing musical save games between my PSX emulator in Linux and the native app on windows. So I can capture from either. I did do the battle mechnics from Terrence's doc. For fun, you can capture a screenshot of all of the 31 statuses (sleep, blind, poison, silence, etc) . I can add that to battle mecanics tables.

Also does any one know when the 7777 check is made during the battle program flow. Terrence didn't mention it.

I'm working on adding all the known file formats right now. It's a bigger project that I thought. Formatting it all is such a pain ^_^

I was wondering when you would say 'air' hehehe
Well if he need help with battle models Kislinskiy has gotten further on the things than I have, I can decode them and I have the first section decoded (Section 0) the next section needs to be decoded as I think it is actually the information I'm looking for (mumble).

Open Office Dies on loading the document, well actually it just dies period for some reason, but at least I have something to look at in the future (mumbles begrudgingly at open office).

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #30 on: 2004-06-21 23:42:56 »
OK, I have an Idea, I'll save the Gears doc localy and export a PDF every night. That way it won't be such a hassle for anyone who wants to read it.

I'm going to be signing up on that romhackers site, it looks like a real awesome resourse. They deal more with the scripting attibutes while Qhimm here deals with the graphical side of things. I'm gonna make a postnig, watch some BBC "Coupling" (I got that show on DVD for my b-day... It's the BOMB!) and go to bed. I'll make an addundum when I have the PDF up.

ADDUNDUM!!!
I have now moved the doc internally and have a PDF set up. You can access it here
http://the-afterm.ath.cx/gears/gears.pdf

You can also just access it from the root directory if you don't want to load the whole thing in your browser.

http://the-afterm.ath.cx/gears

That should get some more eyes on it.

Contra

• View Profile
    • http://contraspontanus.deviantart.com
« Reply #31 on: 2004-06-22 03:05:53 »
Gee, thanks Halkun. Make me go through all the trouble of downloading OpenOffice to see this thing, then replace it with a PDF as soon as I get it installed! :P Then I realize that due to my recent reformatting, I don't have Adobe Acrobat! So I have to download Acrobat Reader as well! :P :P

Heh. Just teasing.

And as I finally find myself able to read through this file.... I just have one thing to say about it... *big breath*  Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem. Investigationes demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii legunt saepius. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum.

:P

-Contra

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #32 on: 2004-06-22 03:54:10 »
Do a search for "Lorem ipsum" on google. That has a very intresting stroy.....

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #33 on: 2004-06-22 07:50:24 »
OK, I have an Idea, I'll save the Gears doc localy and export a PDF every night. That way it won't be such a hassle for anyone who wants to read it.

yaaeeeey ! great idea :) finally i can read it

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #34 on: 2004-06-23 11:56:24 »
I updated Gears again. I need to make sure that everyone's docs on thier websites are complete. I have discrpences on the .P format. Also I need the .a format. Ahlexx's is missing and Fice doen't have a doc

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: 2004-06-23 12:37:13 »
Darkdevil

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2004-06-23 13:02:33 »
I think Halkun was refering to Alhexx's .A document there Jari...

J*** H*******

« Reply #37 on: 2004-06-23 13:49:12 »
halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #38 on: 2004-06-23 17:19:30 »
Oops, that's right, I forgot that hi was doing armed servide duity... I was active in the american military from 199-1996, so I can relate

Darkdevil

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2004-06-23 19:11:00 »
I was active in the american military from 199-1996, so I can relate

DAMN!!! 1006 years in the military and you claim to be only 30!  Tell me...What is your secret?

hehehe
 j/k

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #40 on: 2004-06-24 14:28:02 »
Quote from: Jari
Not exactly missing... I think that he's still performing his compulsory armed service, but he does drop by now and then.

That's right. I've got 3 days left :)

I'm gonna take a closer look at your document, halkun, and I'll see if I have something to add. I just have a question: What does this mean? :-?

Code: [Select]
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem. Investigationes demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii legunt saepius. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum.

- Alhexx

- edit -
As for the .a document: I still haven't started to hack that format yet... :(

Darkdevil

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2004-06-24 16:09:18 »
Its the default latin filler for many documents to offer a look into what they look like when completed...Its used in Publisher XP...

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #42 on: 2004-06-24 17:39:42 »
It's filler that's been around for the last 1500 years! Linguists have been amazed on how intact it is from it's original text.

The reason why it's used it because it has the same spacing and wordsize as normal english. It's a paragraph, and the correct size to be one. It's much better than putting something like "Fill here later" and a repeating word, as it doesn't look like natural english.

It also assists in formating whch is why my doc look a little more professional than a simple FAQ

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #43 on: 2004-06-26 11:48:42 »
FF7 .A animation brief info:
http://mirex.mypage.sk/FILES/ff7_a.txt

ragnarok13

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2004-06-27 14:43:48 »
halkun:
In case it helps any, I remember one PC version bug: Ribbon, when equipped, not only protects you from negative statuses, but also from Haste. I hate that bug :evil:

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #45 on: 2004-06-27 17:32:16 »
When you have numb or death cast on you, the timer goes down MUCH faster when you have haste on. That's very much a negitive effect.

In a pinch I've slowed or stoped one of my own characters just so I could slow the timer down. That way I could "get to them later"

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2004-06-27 21:14:15 »
Quote from: ragnarok13
halkun:
In case it helps any, I remember one PC version bug: Ribbon, when equipped, not only protects you from negative statuses, but also from Haste. I hate that bug :evil:

[edit]

UHh haste is a status effect. I believe ribbon protects from all status effects.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2004-07-02 00:09:12 »
Heh, I was going to say if you needed an editor type person to check over your work, I'd be happy to help.
I'll be reading it anyway when I can be bothered, so it's not much effort to note errors if I DO find any :P (and lord only knows, I've seen things get gone over by 3 people and there's still typos in it)

But no worries, thanks for the reading material (when I can be bothered) ^_^

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #48 on: 2004-07-02 08:33:42 »
I attached Gears to my WWW button and also added a sig ^_^ That should help get the word out....

Well, I *THOUGHT* I added a sig...

Darkdevil

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2004-07-02 09:09:58 »
Sigs arnt active on the forum Halkun