Author Topic: SOLVED: Step by step ffVII intro fmv skipping  (Read 7892 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
SOLVED: Step by step ffVII intro fmv skipping
« on: 2012-02-20 00:05:46 »
I use my own fmv that I renamed as sqlogo.avi. I renamed my sqlogo avi (which is apparently a non official ff video which i converted to use in the game) into eidoslogo.avi and I renamed sqlogo.avi into sqlogo_bkp.avi so the program will not be able to use it (yes I tried leaving it as a dummy video too). As I formerly reported when I press A button in my xbox controller it keeps skiping the video and goes straight to the loading screen (I use the background with Crisis Core Cloud). Either I'm doing something wrong nor there's no way to reach the prelude screen without watching the whole sqlogo or eidoslogo video. Thanks for replying but I'm still searching a way to solve this. Until then I'm preparing a new fmv for sqlogo and opening from crisis core ending mixed with the technical demo which I hope to release in your forum when it's finished. Thank you!

@Leonhart7413: You are totally right, when you make any input (keyboard, mouse,
                            xbox controller, ...) the movie ends and the prelude screen is not shown.
  • Start FF7
  • Show movie eidoslogo.avi    IF any input THEN GOTO loading screen
  • Show movie sqlogo.avi         IF any input THEN GOTO loading screen
  • Show prelude screen            IF any input THEN GOTO loading screen
  • loading screen

I wish there was a command line to skip video by video to the prelude screen. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2012-05-13 18:54:14 by Bosola »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: Step by step ffVII intro fmv skipping
« Reply #1 on: 2012-02-20 00:08:26 »
You can rename/delete the movie files. Otherwise, there can't be any command line tool for FF7 because FF7 does not support it. There are multiple reasons, but this one is enough to say now.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #2 on: 2012-02-21 00:42:11 »
You can rename/delete the movie files. Otherwise, there can't be any command line tool for FF7 because FF7 does not support it. There are multiple reasons, but this one is enough to say now.

I know this is a touchy issue to involve with but is quite strange that when I use a dummy video for sqlogo.avi or just delete it or rename it the screen doesn't skip to the prelude but directly to the loading screen. So you obligatory have to use some video to watch maybe because it is the logo video and they did it on purpose for not deleting it. Thanks for replying anyway... :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-02-21 00:45:00 »
I set my vids to a new name or delete and it works perfect.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #4 on: 2012-02-21 01:46:32 »
I set my vids to a new name or delete and it works perfect.

Ok worked. Maybe the dummy video was preventing the prelude from loading (Issue solved). I'm dealing with a limit break texture issue now. Was working fine until i added the grimmy's updated "data" folder into the Bootleg mod path. it's like it's stuck and doesn't load textures correctly for limit breaks, appears just the bright texture without the fire... but that's another issue.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-21 01:56:15 by Leonhart7413 »