Author Topic: [PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.54)  (Read 489273 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
Re: 7thHeaven
« Reply #200 on: 2013-08-06 14:54:22 »
That's awesome, thanks. I think the majority of members are either using the 98 version or used bootleg to convert to it, so that would be a great feature to add. Otherwise if needed I think you can change where the games movie directory is. It would be cool if we could skip that step though and just use ff7\movies since having to change it would result in plenty of troubleshooting questions. In the mean time I'll get this put together and have it tested on versions that do use data\movies.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2013-08-06 15:33:26 »
There is a small tool by Dan that changes the movie directory by editing the registry value.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2013-08-06 15:47:06 »
Ok cool so if need be that's always a possibility. Having that as a necessary step though will probably cause a lot of questions with new members so it'll be cool if the new 7thheaven release can make this work as is. Ok so I have a first draft ready. I'll package it into an .iro so it's ready for testing, but it'll also post it here so you guys can check it out and offer any input. I'm also unsure about the HD ending3 option since I need it to have the highest priority, so it'll be used over the full screen and original versions. At the moment I don't think that's how it'll work.

~Made a few changes and trying to at least import .iro to 7thheaven so I can test the configuration options. I keep getting this error. What does it not like about line 10? It's the <ModFolder Folder="hd" ActiveWhen="hd = 1"> line. 44 is the last one.

~Ok, even tried removing line 10 so it's blank, same error.

Code: [Select]
System.Xml.XmlException: The 'ModFolder' start tag on line 10 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'ModInfo'. Line 44, position 3.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(Stream inStream)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fImportMod.ImportMod(String source, String name, Boolean iroMode) in C:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fImportMod.cs:line 75
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fImportMod.bOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fImportMod.cs:line 109
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Current mod.xml:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ModInfo>
  <Author>cmh175</Author>
  <Version>1.00</Version>
  <Description>cmh175 HQ FMV Pack</Description>
  <Link>http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14249.0</Link>
  <PreviewFile></PreviewFile>

<ModFolder Folder="fmvs" ActiveWhen="vid = 1">
  <ModFolder Folder="hd" ActiveWhen="hd = 1">

<ModFolder Folder="fullscreen" ActiveWhen="res = 0" />
  <ModFolder Folder="original" ActiveWhen="res = 1" />     

<ConfigOption>
    <Type>Bool</Type>
    <Default>0</Default>
    <ID>vid</ID>
    <Name>cmh175 Remaster FMVs</Name>
    <Option Value="0" Name="" PreviewFile="" />
    <Option Value="1" Name="" PreviewFile="" />
  </ConfigOption>

<ConfigOption>
    <Type>Bool</Type>
    <Default>0</Default>
    <ID>hd</ID>
    <Name>HD Ending3 Video</Name>
    <Option Value="0" Name="" PreviewFile="preview\ending3.png" />
    <Option Value="1" Name="" PreviewFile="preview\hd_ending3.png" />
  </ConfigOption>

<ConfigOption>
    <Type>List</Type>
    <Default>0</Default>
    <ID>res</ID>
    <Name>Ending Video Resolution</Name>
    <Description>This lets you change between full screen or original ending videos.</Description>
    <Option Value="0" Name="fullscreen" PreviewFile="preview\fullscreen.png"/>
    <Option Value="1" Name="original" PreviewFile="preview\originalsize.png"/>
  </ConfigOption>

</ModInfo>

By the way, I use Xpontus. It's free and so much easier to use than notepad.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-06 19:10:21 by cmh175 »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2013-08-06 19:18:21 »
I haven't looked at Xpontus OR the advanced variables yet. I'm really just running around like trying to keep up with the laundry and still keep an eye on my inbox since I just sent out like 70 some odd PMs in 1 day.
I use Notepad++. I like how it makes everything different colors! :P

One thing:
I was thinking about requesting a place to add a text file from the author (if available) to the preview and/or installs.
7thHeaven, as it is turning out, will allow you to:
Preview mods, download them, install them, UNinstall them, swap them, configure them, rearrange their active order to avoid conflicts should they arrise, not to mention it allows special events to modify mod interactions with the game... For instance, if you wanted to alter a particular scene you could easily change entire groups of models without changing any game files.   

Ideally the authors of the more complex mods would get involved in the process so they have total control over what options are configurable in the modManager via the xml files. I think I may ask Iros if a readme or text file can be included in the preview or at least the installed .iro mods. To me, the readme file is the ultimate form of ownership on a mod. If a designer chooses not to include one, it's fine, but I would like to be able to totally legitimize the subscription by including the authors' notes where possible.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2013-08-06 19:22:03 »
OK, new version release v1.05:  https://mega.co.nz/#!TZAzQZDb!JDv1dlQdu4XVa3vShFG5e2O1wypxiKxwqDeR0LM4Go8

You have anticipated my denouement.

-Improve decompression speed for downloaded mods
-Add 'readme' option for mods installed in library
-Add movie path to settings & capture accesses in wrapper
-Fix case sensitivity when overriding LGPs

To put a readme file in a mod, just include a file called 'readme.txt' in the top level of the mod folder (i.e. same place as mod.xml). Should still work when packed into a iro file.

~Made a few changes and trying to at least import .iro to 7thheaven so I can test the configuration options. I keep getting this error. What does it not like about line 10? It's the <ModFolder Folder="hd" ActiveWhen="hd = 1"> line. 44 is the last one.

You haven't closed the tag correctly. Whenever you open (start) a tag in an XML file, you need to close it when you have finished writing the data for that tag. Either it needs to be:

<ModFolder Folder="hd" ActiveWhen="hd = 1"></ModFolder>

...which closes it without putting any text or other tags in between, because ModFolder doesn't need any extra information; or,

<ModFolder Folder="hd" ActiveWhen="hd = 1" />

...which is basically shorthand for the same thing.

Some tags (like 'Author') have to have text inside them; some of them (like 'ConfigOption') have to have other tags inside them. in that case you always put the other text/tags, then close it like '</Author>' or '</ConfigOption>' to indicate "I'm done with this section". Even though ModFolder never has anything else inside it, you still need to tell the program that you're finished with that tag and it doesn't contain anything else.

Most web browsers will open XML files and format them for display - just so you can check 'is this a valid XML file?'. Obviously they can't tell you if it contains the right data for 7thHeaven to work - but they will pick up formatting errors like that which make the file invalid. Just a quick way to check.

One last thing ... I have added the movie path into the settings, but the way I had to write it means the paths I gave you before are wrong. Probably they should look like this:

YourModFolder\mod.xml
YourModFolder\fullscreen\  <-- containing all full screen movies
YourModFolder\original\ <-- containing all original movies
YourModFolder\hd\  <-- containing hd movie(s)

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2013-08-06 19:58:51 »
Thanks Iros, getting closer I think. I fixed the directory so it matches your example, and the xml now does open in IE. Progress I guess since it didn't do that earlier. So a new error, even more confusing becuase I don't have a negative number anywhere.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Non-negative number required.
Parameter name: value
   at System.IO.FileStream.set_Position(Int64 value)
   at _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc.GetBytes(String name) in C:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 165
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fImportMod.<>c__DisplayClassa.<ImportMod>b__6(String s) in C:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fImportMod.cs:line 77
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fImportMod.ImportMod(String source, String name, Boolean iroMode) in C:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fImportMod.cs:line 85
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fImportMod.bOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fImportMod.cs:line 109
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

New xml:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ModInfo>
  <Author>cmh175</Author>
  <Version>1.00</Version>
  <Description>cmh175 HQ FMV Pack</Description>
  <Link>http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14249.0</Link>
 <PreviewFile>preview\menu.png</PreviewFile>

<ModFolder Folder="fmvs" ActiveWhen="vid = 1"/>

<ModFolder Folder="hd" ActiveWhen="hd = 1"/>

<ModFolder Folder="fullscreen" ActiveWhen="res = 0"/>

<ModFolder Folder="original" ActiveWhen="res = 1"/>     

<ConfigOption>
    <Type>Bool</Type>
    <Default>0</Default>
    <ID>vid</ID>
    <Name>cmh175 Remaster FMVs</Name>
    <Option Value="0" Name="" PreviewFile="" />
    <Option Value="1" Name="" PreviewFile="" />
  </ConfigOption>

<ConfigOption>
    <Type>Bool</Type>
    <Default>0</Default>
    <ID>hd</ID>
    <Name>HD Ending3 Video</Name>
    <Option Value="0" Name="" PreviewFile="preview\ending3.png" />
    <Option Value="1" Name="" PreviewFile="preview\hd_ending3.png" />
  </ConfigOption>

<ConfigOption>
    <Type>List</Type>
    <Default>0</Default>
    <ID>res</ID>
    <Name>Ending Video Resolution</Name>
    <Description>This lets you change between full screen or original ending videos.</Description>
    <Option Value="0" Name="fullscreen" PreviewFile="preview\fullscreen.png"/>
    <Option Value="1" Name="original" PreviewFile="preview\originalsize.png"/>
  </ConfigOption>

</ModInfo>

Not familiar with notepad ++, cool feature though. Main reason I like Xpontus is because of how it organizes everything. It has a menu list on the side so it shows how I have everything configured, and it numbers each line.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2013-08-06 20:22:19 »
How big is the .iro file you have created? You may have found a bug in the code.

Also, you don't need to pack the folder into a iro file to test it in 7thWrapper - importing the folder directly should work too. (And if this is a bug, let you work around it for now!)

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2013-08-06 20:26:56 »
Well it's pretty big. It's every single video I've made for the game, so it's 3.4 gb. Template was stress testing 7thheaven so this shouldn't be an issue should it? I'll try it with the regular folder to see if that corrects it.

Damn you're right, it imports as a regular folder. The only preview picture that works is the main one, but otherwise it lets me configure all the options I set. I cant test it to see if this works yet...games not actually installed on this computer. I just wanted to see if it even opened in 7thheaven.

I'm also noticing the "release" info isn't accurate. For mine in the pic it is, but I added Kaldarashas and it says today's date too.

« Last Edit: 2013-08-06 20:50:49 by cmh175 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2013-08-06 20:53:14 »
Batch import from .iro with all same files as previous stress test was much faster than import from folders. It did still say it was not responding, but it was done pretty quick after. I'll do a little savegame scavenger hunt with Ensala's savepack to test the .iro Facepalmer install.

This seems almost unreasonable to ask about, but what do you think about drag and drop ordering in the active Mods tab, Iros?

Edit: cool, I'll get rid of the facepalmer.iro, thanks for saving me the trouble. Is that a limitation we're gonna have to learn to live with? No problem at all if so, just getting an idea for what's gonna fit and what wont.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-06 20:58:40 by Template »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2013-08-06 20:55:42 »
The Facepalmer iro is unlikely to (completely) work. The problem is with creating iro files >2GB in size. So some of the files in it will load, some won't.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2013-08-06 21:00:51 »
Oh crap, than mines way too big. That maybe the issue right there. Is it possible to fix that? Mods that big aren't common, but mine may not be the only one. Otherwise I'll divide it into two and make a base video file with the 105 regular videos. The five variantions of the ending videos are the biggest ones anyway. Hopefully that'll bring me down enough.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2013-08-06 21:02:47 »
Idea: multi-part IROs. Specify the number of parts within the xml, which is in the first part, and the others can be .ir2 and .ir3 or something like that. Anything past 2GB can automatically be split.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2013-08-06 21:03:34 »
It's not difficult to fix. Next version will support it.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2013-08-06 21:04:53 »
It's not difficult to fix. Next version will support it.
Awesome.

It might be a good idea to split at 4GB anyway. I doubt too many people are still using FAT32 filesystems these days, since near everything defaults to NTFS these days, but those that are may run into a hard limit of 4GB. On the other hand, this group is small enough that I don't know if it's worth supporting.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2013-08-06 21:17:42 »
Ok cool that's good. I could figure out the multi-part IROs, which is a good idea too, but this is already proving difficult for me so far. Next I need to figure out why my preview pictures don't work. I think they're too big resolution or file wise. I'll make them smaller and use .jpg's like Kaldarasha did. Of course that's after seeing how these work in the game too. Right now I actually have two files being selected for ending3 (if you select HD ending3 option) I'm hoping it'll go with the HD video the way it's set now. If not can I add a priority argument to it or something? I'm sure there's a way to sudo this or something lol.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2013-08-06 21:20:40 »
Unable to launch in 1.05 blackscreens with oops something bad happens. Only 1 small mod activated.

Sorry  :oops: I don't think it's on this end.

Perhaps a lead.. it's crashing the exact same way it did when battle.lgp folder was capitalized.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-07 00:31:13 by Template »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2013-08-06 21:26:28 »
Ok cool that's good. I could figure out the multi-part IROs, which is a good idea too, but this is already proving difficult for me so far. Next I need to figure out why my preview pictures don't work. I think they're too big resolution or file wise. I'll make them smaller and use .jpg's like Kaldarasha did. Of course that's after seeing how these work in the game too. .

If the images for your options aren't loading, that may be another bug :/  Looks like they are only loading reliably from iro files. Again, will fix for next version :)

Right now I actually have two files being selected for ending3 (if you select HD ending3 option) I'm hoping it'll go with the HD video the way it's set now. If not can I add a priority argument to it or something? I'm sure there's a way to sudo this or something lol

If you have multiple ModFolder tags in your mod.xml file, and more than one is active (and the same filename is in more than one of the folders), then the folder that appears first in the mod.xml file takes priority.

Basically the wrapper goes down the list of folders in the order they are listed in the mod.xml file, and the first one that matches is used.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2013-08-06 22:12:19 »
Oh well that's awesome than. I thought that may work but it seemed too easy lol. So I'll test the unwrapped folder just to be thorough and I'll look into the preview pictures later when 7thheaven can use large .iro files. It sounds like everything should be good otherwise.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2013-08-07 04:57:04 »
Possibly irrelevant, but magic.lgp contains some structural anomalies.
Great promise. Model swapping intrigues me.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2013-08-07 05:05:59 »
Boy, yah, I really didn't get why the mod magic folder out of bootleg40 looked the way it does... but the magic.lgp file itself has folders in it... uLGP .7 can handle it, though. Hadn't actually got that far yet, but I hadn't planned on adding any magic mods outside of aali's modpath. People will have to get the Team Avalanche stuff from the installers, I think, which is fine.

Good news, following Iros's instructions and the examples he has left I was first able to mimic his small catalog, and then I got my own catalog running by posting the xml on pastebin. I don't suppose you know some magical html>xml trick to get my catalog.xml to run off gdrive itself? This really isn't important. Anyway the download for HQBarretRedux took about 1 second and installed in 2, from a 7zip file with extract to set for battle.lgp. This frikkin program is amazing...
« Last Edit: 2013-08-07 07:28:00 by Template »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2013-08-07 07:29:21 »
Unable to launch in 1.05 blackscreens with oops something bad happens. Only 1 small mod activated.

Sorry  :oops: I don't think it's on this end.

Perhaps a lead.. it's crashing the exact same way it did when battle.lgp folder was capitalized.

Can you zip up and send me the mod you are using?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2013-08-07 07:46:00 »
To make 1.05 crash? I went back to 1.03 for now.
It seems to crash off anything I feed it. Was using Kaldarashas #3 part. I'll go back to 1.05 and test. I thought it would be something simple and pop out right away. Maybe I did something wrong.
K I loaded up that foldered BarretHQ mod on 1.05 no problem so I probably screwed up something. I was using iros before. Let me set them up and check.
No, I'm sorry Iros, it's only crashing on this original 3Unshaded Models mod. All the other stuff is fine. It works ok on 1.03 tho
« Last Edit: 2013-08-07 07:59:29 by Template »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2013-08-07 08:00:51 »
Boy, yah, I really didn't get why the mod magic folder out of bootleg40 looked the way it does... but the magic.lgp file itself has folders in it... uLGP .7 can handle it, though. Hadn't actually got that far yet, but I hadn't planned on adding any magic mods outside of aali's modpath. People will have to get the Team Avalanche stuff from the installers, I think, which is fine.

The wrapper does have code which should handle the path names in magic.lgp - however it hasn't been tested very well, so although it should work, it is very possible there is a bug somewhere.

Good news, following Iros's instructions and the examples he has left I was first able to mimic his small catalog, and then I got my own catalog running by posting the xml on pastebin. I don't suppose you know some magical html>xml trick to get my catalog.xml to run off gdrive itself? This really isn't important. Anyway the download for HQBarretRedux took about 1 second and installed in 2, from a 7zip file with extract to set for battle.lgp. This frikkin program is amazing...

Running a catalog off pastebin is not really a good idea, because you can't edit the text when you want to update the catalog - you have to upload a new file, but it has a new URL, so nobody will see it... it's fine for testing purposes of course :)

Does GDrive let you edit a file (and keep the file ID on gdrive the same?). If it does, you may be able to host the catalog on gdrive using the same url format as for mod downloads;  iros://GDrive/<fileID> - provided it lets you upload an XML file in the first place I suppose.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2013-08-07 08:16:50 »
OK, yeah, I think we can do the Gdrive xmls if we decide, but I did go ahead and make a free account with pastebin which allowed me to edit the code as much as I wanted. It's actually probably a lot more convenient the way pastebin has it set up than doing it with Gdrive. It took some squinting to get the pathing correct on all that when I tried to paste code from Notepad++ to pastebin, however. The thing is, the mod generator does almost all of the xml monkey work for you. For me, now it's just a question of learning the complex tricks about config which Kaldarasha's mod offers a small taste of. There must be something that 1.05 doesn't like about that particular package he made, though. It won't load with it active period. I'm just gonna verify rq that it does work on 1.03.

Yeah that same 3Unshaded Models .iro Kaldarasha packed works fine on 1.03 but crash to blackscreen on 1.05. I'm afraid my usefulness ends right about there.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-07 08:23:43 by Template »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2013-08-07 08:33:01 »
No problem, that's enough information for me to find the bug (I hope!) - thanks.

OK, yeah, I think we can do the Gdrive xmls if we decide, but I did go ahead and make a free account with pastebin which allowed me to edit the code as much as I wanted.

Oh, if Pastebin lets you edit the contents and the URL stays the same, then that's fine.

EDIT: New version v1.06 - https://mega.co.nz/#!mUQkDC7K!ep6jciPcuGXHfO9Vb_DAOgo3OkZOENuv0tS4vWSBBms

-Fixes crash loading certain iro files
-Fixes crash loading large iro files

The problem with the unshaded models iro was that now I fixed the case sensitivity issue, it's actually using the overrides for chocobo.lgp - it triggered another bug to do with certain file sizes. The bug was in the older versions, but it never happened because it never used the chocobo.lgp files anyway...

Large iro files should be fine now. I would recreate any iro files >2GB you've made with older versions to be sure they'll work properly. Smaller iro files should be fine.

(Although there is still not much point packing movies into iro files. The speed gains mostly come when you are overriding LGP files. Standalone files like movies, kernel bins, etc. aren't so slow. You still can do it, of course, if you want to pack it into a single file for easier distribution.)
« Last Edit: 2013-08-07 12:10:01 by Iros »