Author Topic: [Release] Otokoshi's Videos  (Read 37799 times)

nguyenhuy_prince

• View Profile
Re: [Release] Otokoshi's Videos
« Reply #25 on: 2008-08-31 06:50:36 »
I can't download from filefront, can you upload to other host
ps: sr for my bad English

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008-08-31 21:25:54 »
Quote from: d33eniz
Hey!

I downloaded both videos- but I can't play it...

Any idea what I could do?

Well, do you have the indeo codec installed on your system?  If you could post some specifics of your problems, I'm sure I or someone else could help you.

Quote from: nguyenhuy_prince
I wouldn't mind, just give me some examples of hosts you can download from.  I don't mind if they were hosted from the Qhimm Wiki, I just figured it would be a size issue.

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #27 on: 2008-09-02 03:39:05 »
Yeah of course! But it says, that there is no video source! There just comes the audio- but no video^^
Can you upload in another form? Can you convert them into .mpeg or whatever? Use X-Media Recode- it's the best free video converter I ever saw- but it also says, that there is no video source^^

Can you do something???

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #28 on: 2008-09-02 05:54:54 »
Yeah of course! But it says, that there is no video source! There just comes the audio- but no video^^
Quote from the post you replied to, but clearly didn't read:
Well, do you have the indeo codec installed on your system?
So, d33eniz, do you?

nguyenhuy_prince

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008-09-02 10:00:48 »
Hey!

I downloaded both videos- but I can't play it...

Any idea what I could do?

Well, do you have the indeo codec installed on your system?  If you could post some specifics of your problems, I'm sure I or someone else could help you.

I wouldn't mind, just give me some examples of hosts you can download from.  I don't mind if they were hosted from the Qhimm Wiki, I just figured it would be a size issue.
Can you upload to mediafire.com

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008-09-02 20:41:16 »
Can you upload to mediafire.com

All set, download links are updated on the first post.

Can you upload in another form? Can you convert them into .mpeg or whatever? Use X-Media Recode- it's the best free video converter I ever saw- but it also says, that there is no video source^^

Can you do something???

Can I do something??? Sure...  :roll: I can suggest you make sure you have the Indeo 5 codec installed on your machine.  The fact that the audio is playing the video is not seems to be a clue that you have the audio codec, but not the video codec.  If you are using a codec pack that uses ffdshow, check the configuration menu to be sure the codec is enabled.

d33eniz

• View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #31 on: 2008-09-03 15:04:56 »
Yeah, of course I installed the Codec (V.5)  & also the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack- I am not stupid at all ;)

But it doesn't play at all^^

Not with the Windows Media Player, not with the VLC Media Player, even not with any player I have :D

Deniz

EDIT: Hell Yeah! I can play it now :D

But I have a big problem: I want to put this video in the game named "opening.avi" but FF7 doesn't play it!

PLEASE, I and a friend of me, we are making a german remake of FF7, but- I wanted to change the videos, but FF7 doesn't play them. Can you convert the both videos into an format, which FF7 can play it?

Some data, which you have to use:

Video Bitrate: 352 Kbit/s
Resolution: 320*240
Video Codec: Windows Media Video V8
Audio Codec: Windows Media Audio V8

Help us please, Master :D
« Last Edit: 2008-09-04 11:17:12 by d33eniz »

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008-09-11 23:22:32 »
I'm not sure why FF7 isn't playing the video for you.  It has worked for myself and many others.  Anyways, if you feel those settings will help I'll encode my source videos to those specs.  I'm sure getting a compression of another compression isn't desired.  Just give me some time, I've been a little busy lately.

d33eniz

• View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #33 on: 2008-09-14 00:08:27 »
Hell yeah, thanks! I wanted to build the 2 Intro's in my game- but I want to install minimum of other apps like the indeo video codec- WATCHING is ok, but if you can encode it to the specs I told you- it would be AWESOME! I can watch it with the WMP, but when I am putting that video in the game it crashes all the time^^

Thx for you- and I give you some time :D

Deniz

TG_Sock

« Reply #34 on: 2009-07-25 21:37:59 »
How strange, for me, running them media player the Sephiroth flames video runs perfectly fine with audio and video playing, however the opening ps3 tech demo is only audio, no video. Any ideas how this could be?

I already had klite mega pack installed (latest version) when i initially tried to play he movies. When this issue was revealed I tried to install the latest stand alone indeo codec but it made no difference. FFDshow video decoder settings show both indeo 2 & 3 are set to libavcodec (ie not disabled, additionally true motion is set to disabled and all the other game videos open nicely in wmp)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009-07-25 23:19:58 »
These have been deprecated. See this thread and try not to drudge up year old topics (check the last post date). Thanks.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009-07-26 01:10:42 »
Quote from: titeguy3
These have been deprecated. See this thread and try not to drudge up year old topics (check the last post date). Thanks.

1) He is asking for support to my patch, I don't see anything wrong with that.  Are you a moderator?  Because your post is more off topic than his, so quit posting in my thread.

2) Deprecated?  Yes the new patches are soo much better, because they used my videos without asking permission and posted them without giving me credit until I called them out on it.  Sorry I gave the first custom movie patch for FF7 years ago.  Deprecated just seems like kinda an asshole thing to say to anyone who is providing patches to you for free.  I'm sure none of the creative people on this forum would appreciate such things said about their work.

@ TG_Sock
It has recently come to my attention that the opening fmv no longer works.  I had previously hosted my videos on FileFront, and they kept deleting my uploads.  I redid the video once using Vista and VirtualDub and uploaded it again.  This video does not work with FF7, so I was going to redo these videos and release new Hi-res ones which work with Aali's custom driver.  That is if there are less assholes on this forum such as titeguy3  :|

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009-07-26 01:34:35 »

1) He is asking for support to my patch, I don't see anything wrong with that.  Are you a moderator?  Because your post is more off topic than his, so quit posting in my thread.

A year long bump is still a year long bump, and is against the rules of many forums, a PM to you would have sufficed, however what's done is done.

2) Deprecated?  Yes the new patches are soo much better, because they used my videos without asking permission and posted them without giving me credit until I called them out on it.  Sorry I gave the first custom movie patch for FF7 years ago.  Deprecated just seems like kinda an asshole thing to say to anyone who is providing patches to you for free.  I'm sure none of the creative people on this forum would appreciate such things said about their work.

He does have a point however, the other thread has more videos, making this thread and thus it's contents a little outdated, and "your videos" aren't technically yours, they're property of Square Enix remember, sure a little credit to you would have been nice but in today's world you can't have everything.

@ TG_Sock
It has recently come to my attention that the opening fmv no longer works.  I had previously hosted my videos on FileFront, and they kept deleting my uploads.  I redid the video once using Vista and VirtualDub and uploaded it again.  This video does not work with FF7, so I was going to redo these videos and release new Hi-res ones which work with Aali's custom driver.  That is if there are less assholes on this forum such as titeguy3  :|

Just because he was a bit rude doesn't mean you have to up the stakes by calling him out on it, looks worse for you in the end, something I've seen all too many times around my various haunts on the net, someone says something a little rude, the other guys responds with something a little more rude and they both get slapping about from a moderator/admin.

I'm not a moderator but I'm just trying to calm things down before one is actually needed, I'm sure Halkun has enough to do.

So chill your beans and carry on ladies :P

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009-07-26 02:12:44 »
This video does not work with FF7, so I was going to redo these videos and release new Hi-res ones which work with Aali's custom driver.  That is if there are less assholes on this forum such as titeguy3  :|

Just remember that all projects should be more because YOU want to see it and not because you think anybody else wants to. You're only going to make so many people happy and there's always going to be a critic.

Also, I never understood people getting uptight about necroposting. It's comical, really.

On to something more useful;

So from the other topic Otokoshi, I gather you've sorted out how to change the frame count in the field script?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009-07-26 02:17:58 »

I see, I was under the impression that you were a part of that project, Otokoshi, my mistake.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009-07-26 05:17:09 »
Yeah i thought Grimmy asked you.

TG_Sock

« Reply #41 on: 2009-07-26 10:55:22 »
Thanks for he reply Otokoshi, i thought it must be me doing something wrong. I will leave you to complete your work and check back here in future. I have the old opening movie i downloaded in 2007 from my archived installation, unless i am mistaken you said you had to recompile the latest opening upload and something was different? This version is dated 8th April 2007, both versions do not work, i tried my old version first automatically, when it didnt work i downloaded your latest upload. I can upload if you want a copy.

In 2007 i patched my copy of FF7 and played it though. As we all do, I want to have another play though, checking on patch updates beforehand, I began the patching process and it all booted up fine (on this rc 7100 copy of Windows 7 amazingly, but back on topic) when i selected a new game the movie was just a black screen but i could hear the sound of the opening movie. Dropping to windows i tried to play the movie in wmp and yes, it was only sound, that's when i decided to look through the forums for an answer.

i saw the other thread first after a search, covering videos spliced in with ac footage (they were nice, not my personal taste, i think it it is a differs from the original game scenes too much) I actually preferred my 'depreciated'  :-o videos from 2007 but looked through the thread but no solution to my particular problem was discussed. The newer thread had a reference link to here, and yes! i was these videos i used, but still no solution, i thought it would be relavent to ask depite it being a year sinc last post, this game is 12 years old now after all. I didn't mean to cause any conflict with the forum police :wink: I will pm in future but i though it would have been in the interest of the community to discuss.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009-07-26 20:26:35 »
Quote from: hellbringer616
Yeah i thought Grimmy asked you.

You would be terribly misinformed.  :|

I see, I was under the impression that you were a part of that project, Otokoshi, my mistake.

Again you were misinformed.

Quote from: DragonNinja
He does have a point however, the other thread has more videos, making this thread and thus it's contents a little outdated, and "your videos" aren't technically yours, they're property of Square Enix remember, sure a little credit to you would have been nice but in today's world you can't have everything.

That's true they are not mine, but I have given credit where credit is due.  Check my YouTube of this video where people actually believe I created these videos.  I clearly say that it was the Tech Demo for PS3.  I agree that the other thread has more videos.  I personally have never liked the mixing of old with new videos into one as it just looks strange to me.  The "little credit" you speak about is what separates someone using someones work as a source and plagiarizing it.  I don't agree or even understand your argument of "in today's world you can't have everything", it would be nice if people did the decent thing and credit another community members work.

@ TG_Sock
I would rather you or anyone who have general problems with retrieving or using the patch post it here.  I don't check the download links regularly, so if they are down let me know.  If there is a problem with the vids, let me know.  Necroposting is only troubling when it's something completely non-related.  Your post was as you put it "in the interest of the community to discuss" and in my eyes relevant.

@ Tsetra
Don't worry about me.  I'm not one of those that gets a little ticked and "takes his ball and goes home", a trend I've seen a lot here over the past month or so.  :lol:
So I do think I've found the frame count in the md1stin field, as it's just a simple for loop.  I'm not at that PC at the moment, so I can let you know more on that later either here or PM.  I'll be testing it using a series of videos, extremely short to extremely long, to be certain.

Edit:
Quote from: DragonNinja
A year long bump is still a year long bump, and is against the rules of many forums, a PM to you would have sufficed, however what's done is done.

If you really have something worthwhile to add, you can resurrect a dead topic. Otherwise... no. The limit is usually considered to be around two weeks, more or less. Certainly less than a month.

Anything that is worthwhile to post in this thread, no matter how necro-posty, in the future has my blessing.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-26 20:32:08 by Otokoshi »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009-07-26 22:32:49 »
I don't agree or even understand your argument of "in today's world you can't have everything", it would be nice if people did the decent thing and credit another community members work.

[offtopic]
You can never have everything. It's a rule of life. The same way "It would be nice" if I could redirect somebody to a working video without getting bitched at. Sorry for being misinformed, just correct me, don't act like a jerk. I wasn't trying to be rude, so I'd appreciate it you didn't act so uptight about it.
[/offtopic]

@TG_Sock
If you don't like the opening.avi file on grimmy's thread. I've gotten this video to work on my FFVII install recently. You can probably troubleshoot your driver problem by downloading an app called "GSpot", it tells you what drivers you're missing/why they don't work. Also make sure you've got the file "tm20dec.ax" in your system32 folder, as the codec used to make that video doesn't function without that file. If it's not there and you still can't get it to work, say the word and I'll upload it.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009-07-27 04:14:33 »
Oto you had problems when i was necroposting EVEN when it was relevant to the topic.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009-07-27 10:57:21 »
Quote from: Xelane
Oto you had problems when i was necroposting EVEN when it was relevant to the topic.

I'm not sure what this has to do with this topic Xelane.  I didn't even say I had a problem with the necroposting in my project thread.  This is definitely breaking the rules of the forum, and I don't appreciate it in my thread.  Of course you're used to breaking rules in the forum.  I guess you just tend to hold a grudge longer than most for your early mistakes when you joined.  You must admit you were at one time a serial-necroposter.

Does your "relevant necroposting" include one of the oldest necroposts I've ever seen? Almost 7 years

Or "interrupting" as you put it, an almost year and a half old thread with an unrelated post? Interruption?

Then there was your necroposting on a forum rules thread, that was special... We can debate forum rules?

Of course you have to break the rules by your typing as well.  This thread everyone previously typed clearly in the discussion, until you came in all "short bus" on it.  See a trend

Folks can read on from there to see how this thread started, which lead me to poking fun at your expense for your predictable behavior.

And now with your off-topic post here, are you trying for a six degrees of separation or something?  I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one who had problems with your necroposting on this forum.... so please shush, go back to the corner, and quit shoving crayons up your nose.

You can never have everything. It's a rule of life. The same way "It would be nice" if I could redirect somebody to a working video without getting b*tched at. Sorry for being misinformed, just correct me, don't act like a jerk. I wasn't trying to be rude, so I'd appreciate it you didn't act so uptight about it.

Well I guess you can't have everything either.  You see, when someone uses your work as their own, and someone who is "misinformed" comes along and calls your work obsolete, it could piss you off a bit.  You did come off as rude in your post.  If you had the solution for TG_Sock the whole time, why didn't you share it with him on your initial post?  You came off a little rude and I called you an asshole, which I apologize for.  It didn't solve anything and calling you that was overkill.  Looks like someone is up to their old ways that deserves that title much more.  Once a troll always a troll I guess.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009-07-27 11:20:20 »
Wow oto calm down, i make one small mention that you didnt take issue with his necroposting when you did with mine and you fly off the friggin handle.

yes i did back then make the mistake of not reading the dates for the last entries in threads, but i do not by any means hold a grudge.

"Or "interrupting" as you put it, an almost year and a half old thread with an unrelated post? Interruption?"

i never made any refference to that. unless you are ferrering to my "it was relevant to the topic" bit

"Folks can read on from there to see how this thread started, which lead me to poking fun at your expense for your predictable behavior."

1:why are you going out of your way to to attack me again, it gets old  :|

2:why even bring that up? its like saying "Look what i did, i made fun of a noob who didn't know what he was doing"

"And now with your off-topic post here, are you trying for a six degrees of separation or something?  I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one who had problems with your necroposting on this forum.... so please shush, go back to the corner, and quit shoving crayons up your nose."

Now this just proves that you dont have people skills OR that you are just extremely offensive to people whom you dont like.-I never even went near that degree of insulting you, in fact, i didnt insult you period

The reason i mentioned it was because you looked to me like you were picking who you want to harp over rules.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-27 11:21:56 by Xelane »

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009-07-27 11:36:02 »
why are you going out of your way to to attack me again, it gets old

I'm not, you're posting off-topic in my thread.  You brought this upon yourself.

why even bring that up?

Why bring this up?

a noob who didn't know what he was doing

You still are.

I never even went near that degree of insulting you, in fact, i didnt insult you period

You do when you post unrelated garbage in my project thread.

The reason i mentioned it was because you looked to me like you were picking who you want to harp over rules.

I can make concessions to people when it is within my own thread.  Why would I take issue with someone necroposting if they were having trouble with my work?  I would want to help them out or have them explain their issue.  Myself, along with many others, flew off the handle with many of your posts which I've already mentioned.  Because you never seem to follow the rules of the forum.  It seems more fitting to either create a topic in Unrelated or PM me if you were so passionate about the topic.  But that would be following forum rules, which I know isn't your style.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009-07-27 11:59:35 »
a noob who didn't know what he was doing

"You still are."

...wow otokashi, i would say "i can't believe you would say something like that" but then again i am talking to you and that's to be expected since i have never seen you act decent to me.

though i must admit you have some kind of special ability to pick at everything someone says. There really is no talking to you because you keep doing it at every turn. (and you call ME predictable  :-D)

I can only imagine what you're going to sling at me when i leave after this post. actually i think i will imagine it "good, you get out of my thread with your stupidity and go cry to your momma"

that sounds like something you would say: hateful, mean, and completely uncalled for.

Anyway go ahead and stew in your self centered thread where apparently you have dominion over.

I guess i'll just have to live with your ignorance just like you do. See you later otokoshi. and please feel free to refer to my guess of what you're going to say when i've left.

see you later buddy :wink:

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009-07-27 12:02:42 »
It's like a couple of school kids fighting over the ball during the lunch break.