Author Topic: please help  (Read 14499 times)

ploppo

• View Profile
please help
« on: 2018-06-03 16:25:40 »
 doomtrain , ifrit , quetzacolt none of those three tools are compatible with the steam version of final fantasy 8 , i check that out now :\ , i hope someone will make them compatible with the steam version

Girl next door

• View Profile
Re: please help
« Reply #1 on: 2018-06-03 19:24:43 »
Of course they are compatible with the Steam version but first you have to extract files with Deling. In the battle.fs for Ifrit for example.

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-06-03 20:22:12 »
Of course they are compatible with the Steam version but first you have to extract files with Deling. In the battle.fs for Ifrit for example.

thanks , and for the other two programs what i have to extract and from what file ? :D

Girl next door

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-06-03 20:42:36 »
For Doomtrain and Quetzacoatl, you'll find the kernel.bin and the init.out in the main.fs

And for Ifrit, I remember that you don't really need Deling. Click on Tools and Extract files from battle.fs

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-06-03 20:50:06 »
For Doomtrain and Quetzacoatl, you'll find the kernel.bin and the init.out in the main.fs

And for Ifrit, I remember that you don't really need Deling. Click on Tools and Extract files from battle.fs

ok i will try and let you know :D

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-06-04 00:31:24 »
Over the last several days, ploppo, I have seen you double post repeatedly, as well as post multiple threads in the Releases sections that weren't releasing new mods. Not gonna issue any warn level, because I assume these were honest and generally harmless mistakes, but please read the rules before further posting. ~Covarr

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2018-06-04 00:45:16 »
Over the last several days, ploppo, I have seen you double post repeatedly, as well as post multiple threads in the Releases sections that weren't releasing new mods. Not gonna issue any warn level, because I assume these were honest and generally harmless mistakes, but please read the rules before further posting. ~Covarr

as you can see , with my first post about help for final fantasy 8 i didn't got any useful reply , i had to do this post in order to get some helpful information , so i did nothing wrong , also double posting isn't so problematic , no need to complain for such a little thing , also , why you never reply to anyone that ask for help ? you only stay here and read everything without help despite the fact that you are the ones of those who know more about modding final fantasy 7 ,8 and 9 :O , and come to think of it , besides the two posts about help to mod final fantasy , i really didn't make any double post anywere
« Last Edit: 2018-06-04 00:48:01 by ploppo »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2018-06-04 20:34:41 »
I know nothing about modding FF8 and FF9, and my FF7 modding knowledge is more focused on music modding. I am in no place to help with 7thHeaven, which is what most people usually need.

Saying you did nothing wrong is not true. The rules say to use the edit button instead of replying to yourself, and the rules say to post things in the right places. If you break the rules, you did something wrong, period. Instead of arguing, follow the rules, and you might get to have a pleasant stay here in the future.

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2018-06-04 20:39:57 »
Saying you did nothing wrong is not true. The rules say to use the edit button instead of replying to yourself, and the rules say to post things in the right places. If you break the rules, you did something wrong, period. Instead of arguing, follow the rules, and you might get to have a pleasant stay here in the future.

that rule really is meaningless , also i didn't answer to myself , i give one more reply because i had to better explain myself , and for the replies i only used the "quick reply" button , or the quote sometimes , that's all , and i post in the right place , in the section about the modding tool for final fantasy 8 ,look if you admit that you did a mistake nothing will happen , don't worry , and again , i never wanted to reply to myself , i had to explain myself better for the person that helped me instead of just read and go away, and if i just modified my previous comment , none would ever read it because they already read it , and so never notice what i meant to say, just learn some flexibility
« Last Edit: 2018-06-04 20:47:49 by ploppo »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2018-06-04 20:48:26 »
Look, I don't really care if you think the rules are meaningless or not. You either follow them or you will not be welcome here. Stop arguing.

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2018-06-04 20:53:59 »
Look, I don't really care if you think the rules are meaningless or not. You either follow them or you will not be welcome here. Stop arguing.

just calm down , as i said before , there is nothing wrong if you admit that you did a mistake , just because you two are the administrators , doesn't meant that you can't make a mistake , as i already said , i wasn't reply to myself at all , i send more than one message because otherwise none would ever care about a modified message , whoever replied to help me had to notice the notification of the new reply , without the notification , none would ever reply again to make me understand better , make sure that the rules aren't an obstacle to the visibility of a post , because as you can see is really hard to get some helpful attention if someone need help, just learn to read the situations , my intentions wasn't to spite everyone , the same goes for the post in final fantasy 9 , if i just modify the comment that everyone already read , they will never notice it , is yet a miracle if i get all those replies to my comments , and you also expect to stop doing the very only thing that allow me to be noticed by the people who helped me ? and let's not forget the other reason why i can't avoid to post multiple comments , the fact that sometimes , people just read the comments and literally ignore them  , so i have to write something more catchy in order to get an answer , as you can see , i am doing this because there really isn't any other way , i am not doing this to be spiteful 
« Last Edit: 2018-06-04 20:57:22 by ploppo »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2018-06-04 22:00:48 »
I made absolutely no mistake and suggesting that i did is not in your best interest. The fact of the matter is you were told politely to stop double posting as it is against the rules. Just because you have some sort of reasoning does not mean the rule does not apply to you. Nobody double posts because they were talking to themselves anyways.

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2018-06-04 22:04:19 »
I made absolutely no mistake and suggesting that i did is not in your best interest. The fact of the matter is you were told politely to stop double posting as it is against the rules. Just because you have some sort of reasoning does not mean the rule does not apply to you. Nobody double posts because they were talking to themselves anyways.

is not double posting , i pointed things that in the previous message wasn't clear , is different , and as i said , everyone need the notification to read the new messages , they will never read again the same message since they don't even know or care if someone explained something wrongly , so yeah , this time you did the mistake , not me , i didn't just copy and paste the same message twice , i write more than one comment to make things clear for the person who replied , is more clear now ?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2018-06-04 22:08:08 »
DOUBLE POSTING IS NOT ALLOWED! IS MORE CLEAR NOW? Do it again and your posts will be moderated.

Just so you are aware double posting does not mean posting the same thing twice. It means two posts back to back without a reply.

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2018-06-04 22:37:21 »
DOUBLE POSTING IS NOT ALLOWED! IS MORE CLEAR NOW? Do it again and your posts will be moderated.

Just so you are aware double posting does not mean posting the same thing twice. It means two posts back to back without a reply.

you are wrong as i already said , and once again , double post must only be considered the copy of the previous message , explain things better with a second message can't be considered double post , and i already explained that sometimes is necessary because it happen that the first message just get completely ignored  ,so if you care so much about this foolish rule , just remind everyone to reply to the messages instead of ignore them just because they aren't catchy enough , otherwise i will have to send a second reply in order to  make sure that people reply , you can tell that by reading the conversation , without some little pushing , even years can pas without get any answer , the result is that none get the required help , understand now ?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2018-06-04 23:05:35 »
I am not going to repeat myself again. You have been warned

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #16 on: 2018-06-04 23:55:57 »
just while double posting happens to be the topic here i do have a quick question.
Every day i log in here and the very first thing i do is click the "Unread posts since your last visit" link.
If you do post something and then edit it the next day, will your message re-appear on that tab?

I think that's what is bugging Ploppo here. If i could make a suggestion to the way it works would be the most recent message on a thread, if it is edited can it be placed back onto the "Unread posts since your last visit" link? Would be cool

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2018-06-04 23:59:42 »
I dont know. Care to do an experiment and tell me if they do?

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2018-06-05 00:02:09 »
I am not going to repeat myself again. You have been warned

i also have to repeat myself , if i need to reply a second consecutive time because people deliberately ignore my messages or if someone that want to help me require some more explanations , i will have to do what you call double post , and again , you are wrong

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2018-06-05 00:08:50 »
Enough. I am not going to argue this. The rules have been around long before you showed up and will be there long after you leave. Which if you keep it up will be sooner than later. Your posts will now need admin approval before they show up and we will make sure the rules are followed.

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2018-06-05 00:10:03 »
as you can see from the message that you yourself suspended , even after two consecutive replies i don't get an answer , even knowing that i am asking something that the interlocutor know , do you finally realized that i need to reply multiple times because otherwise none will ever care to reply ?? :O

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2018-06-05 00:14:28 »
When you reply to yourself repeatedly in the span of just a few hours, that's not people ignoring you, that's you being impatient.

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2018-06-05 00:17:14 »
When you reply to yourself repeatedly in the span of just a few hours, that's not people ignoring you, that's you being impatient.

no , is people that are ignoring, and not only me , there are many posts that are dead only because most of the people just read and don't care to reply , and as you can see , the notification storming is the only way to stimulate everyone to reply , and your rules about double posting is making problematic to do the only thing that can solve this problem

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2018-06-05 00:31:52 »
You know what? I dont care. People arent obligated to answer to anyone. Least of all people that spam the crap out of topics. So the rules stay the way they are and you either accept them or you go away.

no , is people that are ignoring, and not only me , there are many posts that are dead only because most of the people just read and don't care to reply , and as you can see , the notification storming is the only way to stimulate everyone to reply , and your rules about double posting is making problematic to do the only thing that can solve this problem

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2018-06-05 00:35:01 »
You know what? I dont care. People arent obligated to answer to anyone. Least of all people that spam the crap out of topics. So the rules stay the way they are and you either accept them or you go away.

you are still wrong , of course nothing is physically forcing anyone to answer , but still isn't right , still this site would be meaningless and non existent at all if wasn't for people that help each other , so in the end everyone should always reply and i have all the right to make sure that this happen , again  ,if anyone ever reply to anything , there wouldn't be any forum at all , the rule that you like so much is also the cause of the partial death of this site