Author Topic: Finally gotten Tifa's 7th Heaven to work - but the resolution is blurry?  (Read 3460 times)

mr_nygren

• View Profile
Hello, i've finally gotten Tifas 7th Heaven to work  properly, but the resolution in the game is not good - it's blurry! I've followed the guide by Eq2Alyza and i've tried changing the openGL settings in the catalog but the resolution still refuses to become better. I do also get an error-message with the postprocessing and sound if trying to use the modified alternatives.

Anyone knows how to increase the resolution? I believe i had a much higher resolution in the past, but it would seem now all start-ups of FF7 ends in this blurry resolution.

Bootleg had a much higher res, but now even Bootleg has a lower  res.. And for some reason 7th Heaven went from working to not working.

Edit: 7th Heaven works again, it stoped working when i used my modified char.lgp-file.

However, the resolution is really low - it used to be much better in the past?
« Last Edit: 2019-07-11 16:07:42 by mr_nygren »

mr_nygren

• View Profile
I'd like the resolution to be like in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAKlBIgOcAg

But it looks like the old game.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
I'd like the resolution to be like in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAKlBIgOcAg

But it looks like the old game.
That's the Menu Overhaul mod from Reunion R03c.  You can still get it by activating the "Reunion - Beacause and MO" mod and turning on the menu overhaul option, and changing your .exe from "ff7.exe" to "ff7_bc.exe" in the 7H configuration settings.  However, DLPB no longer supports that overhaul, and has removed it in later updates to Reunion.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
That's the Menu Overhaul mod from Reunion R03c.  You can still get it by activating the "Reunion - Beacause and MO" mod and turning on the menu overhaul option, and changing your .exe from "ff7.exe" to "ff7_bc.exe" in the 7H configuration settings.  However, DLPB no longer supports that overhaul, and has removed it in later updates to Reunion.

I tried activating that mod and changing the line in the General Settings but the 7th Heaven program says there is no .exe with that name. So i'd need that exe from somewhere?

Also, it's not just the menu - i mean the graphics have low resolution. Everything looks like the old resolution of FF7 - it's like OpenGL isn't doing what it should be doing.

The pics i'm about to show might look fine because they are smaller - but when using fullscreen it's very blurry compared to how it is for the Youtuber. I also had way better resolution when playing Bootleg before. The pictures look better than in-game view oddly enough.

« Last Edit: 2019-07-11 17:32:03 by mr_nygren »

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
I tried activating that mod and changing the line in the General Settings but the 7th Heaven program says there is no .exe with that name. So i'd need that exe from somewhere?
It should have been dropped by the conversion program.

Also, it's not just the menu - i mean the graphics have low resolution. Everything looks like the old resolution of FF7 - it's like OpenGL isn't doing what it should be doing.
You did run the converter, right? 

mr_nygren

• View Profile

Yes, but it said it had already been installed before.

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Yes, but it said it had already been installed before.
That's ok, just choose "Overwrite" at the beginning.  From the screen shots you edited in, though, OpenGL is definitely working (otherwise MO, dialog transparency, and the rest wouldn't be), so it's more likely a problem with your load order, or because you mention a modified char.lgp file in your original post, stray files laying around that don't belong and are getting in the way.  Are you playing from CD'98 or Steam?  If the latter, you can do a "verify/repair" to make sure everything's the way it should be, re-run the converter, and end up with a clean "vanilla" install that should be ready for modding again.  If the former, you'll need to do an uninstall/reinstall to get back to basics.  Either way, once that's done, post up your mod config/load order, and we'll see if maybe something's in the wrong place.

mr_nygren

• View Profile

Fixed :), thanks man - it were the converter. I had tried to install it but the program said it were already in place so i cancelled.

Now, what i did was that i uninstalled the converter and re-installed it - it works :).

mr_nygren

• View Profile
That's ok, just choose "Overwrite" at the beginning.  From the screen shots you edited in, though, OpenGL is definitely working (otherwise MO, dialog transparency, and the rest wouldn't be), so it's more likely a problem with your load order, or because you mention a modified char.lgp file in your original post, stray files laying around that don't belong and are getting in the way.  Are you playing from CD'98 or Steam?  If the latter, you can do a "verify/repair" to make sure everything's the way it should be, re-run the converter, and end up with a clean "vanilla" install that should be ready for modding again.  If the former, you'll need to do an uninstall/reinstall to get back to basics.  Either way, once that's done, post up your mod config/load order, and we'll see if maybe something's in the wrong place.

Graphics fixed, but now the text is messed up and the res is no longer widescreen - no matter if i return to the FF7.exe or use the other one. And even when disabling the Menu Overhaul the graphics remained great while the res is not widescreen, and the text is messed up. I did check all the active mods but there are none active messing with the text. Maybe the converter enhanced the graphics, but messed up the text? And Fullscreen doesn't seem to work after using it. At least not full screen without the black borders.

Edit: Fullscreen were fixed by placing the mod in "stretched".

However, the text is all messed up?
« Last Edit: 2019-07-11 18:27:36 by mr_nygren »

mr_nygren

• View Profile
Fixed all the issues, thanks for your help LordUrQuan. Now i can enjoy the mod with the new models by Ninostyle - the absolute best in my opinion! I wish the entire game had his style.