Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2431536 times)

WALMART FOREVER

• View Profile
Re: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #2650 on: 2015-02-24 09:49:22 »
Having a bit of an issue here. Played through with Tifa's bootleg to a little past where Cloud dressed up as a woman to enter the Corlene mansion. I had a change of heart and wanted some different settings so I went through the uninstallation procedure listed in the first post, then reinstalled from a fresh copy and reinstalled Tifa's bootleg.

The problem now is that after getting off the train after the beginning cutscene I am attacked by two guards, but the game doesn't load the battle scene. The screen swirls like normal, then stays black and doesn't progress.

Edit: Here is my app.log, I hope it will help shine some light on whatever the solution may be.

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series 4.4.13283 Compatibility Profile Context 14.501.1003.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1440x1080, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 16384, frag uniform 16384
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\opening.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 127.570000, frames: 1914
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 300
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
ERROR: could not open file camdat0.bin
ERROR: unhandled exception

Edit2: is camdat0.bin supposed to be data/battle? I'm not showing it here. A little bit confused. Thank you for any help you can provide on this.

Edit3: I'm just going to try to reinstall again and see if that fixes it.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-24 18:25:29 by Covarr »

WALMART FOREVER

• View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: 2015-02-24 15:25:49 »
Nevermind, the problem is resolved now.

Flubly

• View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: 2015-02-27 19:18:10 »
Hi, I had followed this tutorial for the Steam version a long time ago, had a crash and then didn't have the time to troubleshoot it (had done all the installation on a whim on a free day). So it's all using stuff from the torrent, I believe. Keep in mind I'm not very familiar with FF7.

My crash is this: Everyone jumps off the train in the very first scene. I follow Barrett and then the screen fades to black to transition (like it normally would, I believe) but then it just stays on black. Music keeps going, but no other sound effects if I hit the direction keys which makes me think it's frozen in the transition and not strictly graphical. If I wait a bit and then hit the enter button, I get the windows "program not responding" window and can tell the process to end. Same with trying to access menu. Just fades to black and then nothing.

Here is my app.log:

INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 9600 GT/PCIe/SSE2 3.3.0
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: Shader limits: varying 60, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\Data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
MIDI set volume: 127
100% of 127 = 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
100% of 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
MIDI set volume trans: 127->0; step=60
MIDI stop - OK
MIDI stop - OK
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
100% of 127 = 127
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
MIDI stop - OK
INFO: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\opening.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 119.466667, frames: 1792
INFO: slow output format from video codec h264; 12
MIDI play: 2
reading midi file: OB.mid
current volume: 127
MIDI is playing SUCCESSFULLY!!!
UNEXPECTED: zero count
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: unhandled exception
« Last Edit: 2015-02-27 22:17:34 by Covarr »

7114james

• View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: 2015-02-27 22:04:44 »
Hello,

I seem to be having some problems, when i go to open the game it has a warning saying ''OpenGL renderer appears to be the Microsoft software renderer, Your graphics drivers are probably not installed correctly, Expect extreme lag'', then there is an error messgae saying ''No useful indirect path found, check APP.LOG for more information'', after all that it opens but half of the screen is white, once it gets to the New Game screen it doesn't have a background, after a game is started there is no opening cut screen and i cant see my characters till the first battle takes place, when the battle takes place a lot of the screen is white. I really don't know what to do, I thought i followed the instructions well but it seems not, don't know if it will help but this is the steam version of the game and I have carried out the Game Converter part.

If anyone can help it will be very much appreciated.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: 2015-02-28 02:02:02 »
Okay it's been a while since i've actually posted here. I am thinking of using bootleg again after I beat the game on the steam edition, but I wanna ask about some issues like the Vincent Graphical errors where he does a ballerina dance at Nibelheim's Shinra mansion,  Water alter, and those two guards at the Shinra HQ.  I've looked for file fixes but they did not seem to work. o.o  Has anyone ever fixed this officially?

And would it be possible to install the new AH over the original music set up after installing bootleg?  I haven't tried this and I have no time to do some of these because of upcoming work and events.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-28 02:07:31 by Sora123masta »

Fajen

• View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: 2015-03-04 22:09:16 »
When I try to use this, I get the message that "Windows cannot find E:\bootleg\....\7za.exe"

I have 7zip installed.  If this has to be installed on the same HD as windows, I may be out of luck;  I have Win7 64bit Home Premium running on a 64gig SSD with a terrabyte HD for storage.  I really hope that's not the case.  There's not that much room for anything else on the SSD. 

I did read back to page 100 of this topic, and did a search on this forum for 7za.exe - it returned no hits.

I first tried downloading everything piecemeal, then I found the torrent and got the rest of what I needed.  And then I got that error a number of times as the patcher was working, and then the game would freeze as soon as I started.  I did a full uninstall (including that registry-key remover), got all of the data from the torrent, and then made a backup this time - or tried to.  I got the 7za error again.

So how do I / can I even fix this?

Thank you for your help and for this wonderful project (updating FF7 in general).

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: 2015-03-05 00:13:11 »
This can happen if Bootleg is not running as admin, or if UAC or your Antivirus software is interfering.

Fajen

• View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: 2015-03-05 01:22:26 »
Thanks, but both Bootleg and BFE are set to admin, UAC is off, and I tried it with both Avast and the firewall disabled (at the same time).
« Last Edit: 2015-03-05 01:34:35 by Fajen »

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: 2015-03-05 01:43:54 »
You may have to set exclusions from your antivirus for certain folders and files so it won't scan while off. Sometimes Norton does that (I use Norton.)  But with Avast , well I don't know. See what you can do on what I have instructed and see if that works. I had to turn everything off for the day before running bootleg sometime.   

Oh!  @Vgr     Hey buddy.  Could you answer my question about installing Aali's new driver and the new Anxious Heart?  I was wondering about that.  Because once I finish my playthrough experiment, i'm going to be doing bootleg again to clear out some things with other objectives.     If I install bootleg,  then install the new driver, Anxious Heart and Reunion. I may need pointers from you and Dan about this.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: 2015-03-05 12:05:30 »
@Fajen - then I don't know, try what Sora said.

@Sora - The new driver and Bootleg are not directly compatible, and neither are Reunion and Bootleg, but I bet you knew that. There's not much I can do about it any more than you; the last time I tried making these work with the current Bootleg it failed horribly. Send me a PM when you get at that point, I'll see what I can do.

youthanasia138

• View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: 2015-03-15 22:49:31 »
I'm having a little bit of an over-scaling issue.  I can run the game just fun but the picture is "blown up".  I can effectively only see 1/4 of what I should I actually be seeing.  Been grinding on this for a few hours and I am ready to give up.  Anyone have any ideas?

Crashfox

• View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: 2015-03-26 20:23:38 »
Everytime when i start Final Fantasy  7 and press "New game" i got a black screen and then the game shut down and i see my homescreen. I Dont know what Kind of Problem this is.

INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series 4.3.12618 Compatibility Profile Context 13.251.9001.1001
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 1024, frag uniform 1024
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file L:\games\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/flevel.siz (LGP) (path: )
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/MAPLIST (LGP) (path: )
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/hand_1.TEX (LGP) (path: L:\games\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\Data\field)
ERROR: offset error: hand_1.TEX
ERROR: could not open file hand_1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE hand_1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE hand_1.tim
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/sibuki1.TEX (LGP) (path: .)
ERROR: offset error: sibuki1.TEX
ERROR: could not open file sibuki1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki1.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki1.tim
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/sibuki2.TEX (LGP) (path: .)
ERROR: offset error: sibuki2.TEX
ERROR: could not open file sibuki2.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki2.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki2.tim
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/sibuki3.TEX (LGP) (path: .)
ERROR: offset error: sibuki3.TEX
ERROR: could not open file sibuki3.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki3.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki3.tim
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/sibuki4.TEX (LGP) (path: .)
ERROR: offset error: sibuki4.TEX
ERROR: could not open file sibuki4.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki4.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE sibuki4.tim
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: L:\games\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
ERROR: failed to find file flevel/ÌO (LGP) (path: )

fatbottom

• View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: 2015-03-31 12:29:39 »
Would like to download entire texture pack and leave it downloading torrent overnight, but the torrent file isn't working. Do you have working link?

youthanasia138

• View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: 2015-03-31 12:47:26 »
I'm having a little bit of an over-scaling issue.  I can run the game just fun but the picture is "blown up".  I can effectively only see 1/4 of what I should I actually be seeing.  Been grinding on this for a few hours and I am ready to give up.  Anyone have any ideas?

Well, I did figure out my issue.  For whatever reason if you have windows set to 150% zoom (I use my 46" TV as a monitor), it will literally ZOOM IN on Final Fantasy VII.  This is the only game I have that acts like this. 

I believe this is something that needs to be addressed, for now I'll stay at 100% zoom.....

intrigued1423

• View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: 2015-04-07 18:00:27 »
HI all, new to this modding thing. I tried looking around b4 posting to no avail but where is the APP.log? If this is referring to the app.txt mine only has 2 lines in it. Both deal with the drivers. The reason I ask is I have tried to install this like 6 times and every time it crashes to desktop stating error with ff7. I can see the press something to load saves and a lil black box appears in the top left corner, then blam. It crashes.

Thanks for any advice you could provide as I would love to play this again with very nice graphics.

//Edit: Fixed. I didn't have full control rights to ff7.exe, once that was established everything worked out.
Good job to all who made this, looks good so far
« Last Edit: 2015-04-07 19:20:03 by intrigued1423 »

Phillyfan112

• View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: 2015-04-08 16:21:54 »
Hi guys,

Relatively new here and had a question that I just seem to not be able to find anywhere. I used bootleg on FF7 before and it worked pretty well. I am coming back to the game again and want to use bootleg again but for whatever reason when everything is installed, the HQ field textures DO NOT WORK. So far there was only 1 field map that was HQ and all the rest were low res regular field textures.

System is on Windows 8.1. I followed the guide to the tee. I made every executable file to run as admin, unblocked all files, gave everything in the mods, as well as the game full control and permissions. I don't get any errors while the mods are installing. I'm stumped and I would love some help.

Thanks for anything guys!

p182

• View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: 2015-04-09 08:58:20 »
hey,

The bootleg works great but has anyone else had trouble trying to recruit Yuffie? Every time i fight her, her weapon seems to get stuck behind her back half way through her attack. My characters cant attack until she finishes attacks so the battle gets stuck. The game isnt freezing because the music is still playing and i can still pause the game.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

p182

• View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: 2015-04-09 10:12:51 »
nvm, I've read through previous posts and found its a problem with the Yuffie model i selected. :D

Argoras

• View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: 2015-04-14 17:12:55 »
Hello guys,
I just arrived at the north crater, and I can't get through the wind part, cause the wind never stop!!....When can I do?

Thank you for your help!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2669 on: 2015-04-14 18:34:58 »
That has been discussed in the past. The wind does stop, but the new driver prevents you from seeing it. What I did was enter a random battle in front of the barrier, and as soon as the battle ended I ran forward. It was all based on luck, but eventually I was able to get it to line up with an opening.

Argoras

• View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: 2015-04-14 19:30:41 »
Ok. I'll try that. I will keep you updated.

thanks.

Argoras

• View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: 2015-04-15 14:40:27 »
it worked. I leveled up for like 5 levels, but it worked! thanks!

Redz

• View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: 2015-04-17 01:54:03 »
Hi, quick question: How do you modify the controls?
« Last Edit: 2015-04-17 14:07:13 by Redz »

Jester876

• View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: 2015-04-17 06:33:47 »
Just wanted to say THANK YOU especially for making a torrent with all of the mods! I was having a lot of trouble and getting a little too frustrated trying to download the mods one by one (many of the links are broken). But then I found the Tifa's Package torrent in step 8 and it's downloading at 11% right now. I am SO excited to get this running. The last time I played FFVII on PC was the 1998 version on my old computer with only a few mods including the phoenix rejuvenation project.

I bought the 2012 release on the square-enix site specifically to use this mod package. Did I mention I'm excited? I'M EXCITED!!! I take FFVII very seriously, so I'm following all of the directions to a tee. I will let you know how it goes! Again, THANK YOU! Big fat kudos to everyone who made this possible! :wink: 8-) :lol: :P
« Last Edit: 2015-04-18 06:13:07 by Jester876 »

Jester876

• View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: 2015-04-18 06:11:44 »
Oh man, I knew I'd love this! Just got everything working just the way I like it (I definitely recommend just leaving the menu overhaul alone), and I am SUPER impressed. FFVII modding has come a long way since the Phoenix Rejuvenation Project! Once again THANK YOU for making this package, typing out this easy-to-follow guide and offering a torrent with all of the necessary and optional files (I am now seeding it)! I am forever grateful!   
 :-D  8)  :-P :wink: :)

Since I'm here, I guess I'll answer this question:

Hi, quick question: How do you modify the controls?

While in-game, go to the menu, config and select "controller" to change it from "normal" to "customize".

While in the customize menu, line up the cursor with the command you want to assign and hit the "ok" button once to select it. Once selected, press the button to which you want to assign the command. I have a ps3 controller configured with Motioninjoy, so I would use the "Joystick" column, but if you're using the keyboard, change the buttons in the "keyboard" column.

Again, "Ok" button to select, then "any key" to reassign. Hope that answers your question!
« Last Edit: 2015-04-18 06:16:29 by Jester876 »