Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1000706 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.8]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #1025 on: 2013-10-14 14:43:18 »
something like this for the editor?

well have to see if it syncs after saving..
also need to have icons made for the achievements.  (any one want to do some?)

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: 2013-10-14 17:30:59 »
Looks great would be epic if it works, would it sync to Steam (not squre enix site achievements) too?
Sadly my art is the worst even failed my art gcse lol hopefully someone could do this ? I could try i guess

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1027 on: 2013-10-14 22:59:12 »
with the 2012 / steam version im not sure if the data gets sent back to their servers when you save. Saving your copy might not do anything. but i suspose we will see i have the first few icons done . my art skills are not so great either but luckly most of them are really simple

cmac3721

• View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: 2013-10-22 03:12:23 »
Does anybody know how to fix the materia issue, it keeps checking it off blocking it out when I try to save changes I cannot access any materia, can somebody help?

cmac3721

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: 2013-10-22 03:18:28 »
with the 2012 / steam version im not sure if the data gets sent back to their servers when you save. Saving your copy might not do anything. but i suspose we will see i have the first few icons done . my art skills are not so great either but luckly most of them are really simple

any ideas man?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1030 on: 2013-10-22 17:21:52 »
as far as i know there should be no problem with materias .

can you please explain your issue a bit better so that we can attempt to help you .

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1031 on: 2013-10-23 23:07:08 »
@johnthrell
So i got a chance to look at your save and i see exactly whats going on. manually setting the varible at a very high value when your materia changes are being add your calcluated value is ~55k well over the value that can be held (32767)  so it ends up w/ an unexpected value. this is pretty normal now the question is will ff7 always just pick 10 or can you get other values by playing w/ your materia. there must be a bug in ff7 or a check to prevent you from getting all the MP back when you remove the materia.

tip : your base MP/HP + any materia changes should be <32767 or else ff7 may not like it.

Does anybody know how to fix the materia issue, it keeps checking it off blocking it out when I try to save changes I cannot access any materia, can somebody help?
for the Menu Manager on Other Tab the Visible and Locked Columns are backwards.to toggle visibilty check the Locked Checkbox this is already fixed in dev builds. (you can varify it saving by switching tabs and then switching back) .
« Last Edit: 2013-10-24 01:07:52 by sithlord48 »

kevinandrew814

• View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: 2013-11-06 04:40:31 »
Okay. I need some help, because Im a dumb babby idiot..

I was clicking around in the "Other" menu, just playin around, and accidentally clicked the "Locked" boxes for Item, Magic, and Materia.

However, when I uncheck "Locked" and check "Visible" and attempt to save the file, they flip back over to lock.
Halp:(

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1033 on: 2013-11-06 16:30:51 »
From the post before yours:
for the Menu Manager on Other Tab the Visible and Locked Columns are backwards.to toggle visibilty check the Locked Checkbox this is already fixed in dev builds. (you can varify it saving by switching tabs and then switching back) .

KNOWN ISSUES FOR 1.9.8

2012/Steam users who don't have their saves in a User_#### folder will lose saves  <fixed in trunk>
Options Tab Menu Manager Visible and Locked Colums are hooked up backwards. (i.e visible calls lock when clicked) <fixed in trunk>
Character Max Button does not always remove all other materias (you may have some "hidden" on char's armor) <fixed in trunk>

While they are not serious issues they are annoying enuff that im debaiting on a 1.9.82 release it would also include

+ Change Pick up Status for Field Items Shown in Locations like this (at least the 400ish i have done so far)
+ Achievement Editor to edit your 2012/steam achievement.dat files
+ Maybe other stuff i can't think of right now.
« Last Edit: 2013-11-06 17:29:06 by sithlord48 »

kevinandrew814

• View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: 2013-11-06 19:02:26 »
From the post before yours:
KNOWN ISSUES FOR 1.9.8

2012/Steam users who don't have their saves in a User_#### folder will lose saves  <fixed in trunk>
Options Tab Menu Manager Visible and Locked Colums are hooked up backwards. (i.e visible calls lock when clicked) <fixed in trunk>

I tried to click all of them to locked, and save again, and it continues to just stay locked.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1035 on: 2013-11-06 23:21:48 »
click them all visible. the toggle events are connected backwards.

that is when you change the lock status its as if you have clicked visible instead and the when you change visible its like you had clicked locked.

the function that sets the checkboxes is not backwards so what you see as locked is really locked.

click on the visible boxes for the ones you want unlocked then switch to another tab and back to check if its correct.

kevinandrew814

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: 2013-11-07 00:35:50 »
click them all visible. the toggle events are connected backwards.

that is when you change the lock status its as if you have clicked visible instead and the when you change visible its like you had clicked locked.

the function that sets the checkboxes is not backwards so what you see as locked is really locked.

click on the visible boxes for the ones you want unlocked then switch to another tab and back to check if its correct.

I got it!!! Thank you so much!

MrMystery

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: 2013-12-21 05:02:06 »
Help!

I'm playing FF7 Remake v1.0.6. When I tried to load my edited save files in the game, the "Continue?" option isn't available. Please help me!

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: 2013-12-21 12:47:36 »
I'm playing FF7 Remake v1.0.6.
  :o

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: 2013-12-21 17:56:00 »
I assume he means the Steam release or S-E store release, although that's currently up to 1.0.9.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1040 on: 2013-12-22 17:57:14 »
Help!
I'm playing FF7 Remake v1.0.6. When I tried to load my edited save files in the game, the "Continue?" option isn't available. Please help me!
can you please where is your save folder?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1041 on: 2014-01-06 12:56:29 »
1/14 Black Chocobo Update Stuff:

I have been working on making the widgets from ff7tk and the remaining few problem matic parts of black chocobo work correctly using any Qt Style or  Palette. This means that very soon (about when the shift to Qt5 happens) Black Chocobo Will no longer force the "Plastique" Style on its users. this means what ever your Native Programs look like is how Black Chocobo will Look.  (this is mostly done). To make this happen any widget with a passive Styled Hover now has a public method to set it as well as its default being set to the apporate system color (depending on what were coloring).

In Other news there has been several more items added to the FieldItemList. While I have a lot more discovered it takes so it takes longer to enter them because i varify every change that is made to the file. Were up to about 310 now but they are varified working.

Other Small bug Fixes have been made since 1.9.81 . like checking for invalid userID when signing metadata this works better for people with out a userID(s) on steam / 2012 version. While their are other changes those are what i can think of now. Language files are now autodetected and the menu is auto created. Allowing the user to create any lang file and bc will just work w/ it . (name bchoco_<Country CODE>.qm and place in lang folder).

Black Chocobo now also installs to the correct locations on linux. Using /usr/bin (binary) and /usr/share/blackchocobo (resources)  instead of /opt/blackchocoobo a Program folder . Build Target for !win and !macx is now "blackchocobo".

SEE FIRST PAGE NEW VERSION (more info below)
« Last Edit: 2014-01-12 14:48:04 by sithlord48 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.82]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #1042 on: 2014-01-12 15:52:46 »
Version 1.9.82 Released
More Indepth Changelog:
  • New: Native Look and Color Scheme for Linux and Windows (mac os still uses plastique or fusion style)
  • New: Mac OS Fixes, Plastique Sytle is used for Qt4 and fusion for Qt5. Adjust font size for hexEditor
  • New: Install to correct linux paths (/usr/bin and /usr/share)
  • New: locationViewer Can edit some locations fieldItems. (WIP)
  • New: Black Chocobo will auto detect language files for "Language" menu
  • New: Achievement Editor for steam /2012 achivement.dat files(needs more icons)
  • Update: QHexEditor will use system colors for background. Will also output address and hex space ".toUpper()"
  • Fixed: Menu "Locked" and "Visible" are now connected to the correct slots
  • Fixed: Typos and other small code/ gui changes
  • Fixed: Metadata will now be signed correctly if user id is not completely numeric (md5)
  • locationsViewer: Fixed Added a few new locations / bad coords

About Styles: you can launch Qt Applications (like blackchocobo / hyne) with the -style (-style=<styleName>) switch to launch a program in using a specific style you can only safely use any of the default qt Styles. (see:Widget Gallery)
examples are
   Black_Chocobo.exe -style=Plastique
   blackchocobo -style=windows
   blackchocobo -style=gtk

Some of you might notice some small layout issues. i have tested using many widget styles, on many different oses and de's and found the current layout to be the best all around with the least number of layout problems across those tested. Windows style on windows 7 looks very nice , Oxygen on KDE looks Good. Elementary on lxde needs the window to be expanded slightly but is good other wise. Plastique looks correct (important because its the fallback theme for qt4 on X11 systems). Not to say that it will look good on every Style possible.QtCurve using my default stlye looks a little more compact then it should, 'macintosh' style looks good but has problems with some widgets like the ItemSelector (fixes welcome). This is why Mac os (the only place you can use 'macintosh' ) has Plastique as its style still. Along with native widget styles you should also on any desktop following the xdg standard (kde,gnome,lxde,xfce,etc) get you standard icons. Sadly Windows and MacOS X do not include such icons so users here will not see any different icons.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1043 on: 2014-01-12 18:27:47 »
All Better if you downloaded Black chocobo 1.9.82 before this edit then you might want to redownload if not your won't lose any huge features just some cruft and save/restore for the windows geometry
« Last Edit: 2014-01-12 19:28:01 by sithlord48 »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: 2014-02-08 11:42:06 »
guys am I right this still cant edit PS3 saves for a normal PS3 thats not jailbroken?

Its easy to get the memory card onto my pc hdd, and back again so I am wondering what the problem is preventing it been possible?

eg. more modern games have save editors and dont need a CFW PS3.

or is this issue fixed now?

thanks.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1045 on: 2014-02-08 14:04:28 »
guys am I right this still cant edit PS3 saves for a normal PS3 thats not jailbroken?
you can edit ANY save. its the getting your ps3/psp/vita to accept them after changes thats the problem.(FAQ).

Its easy to get the memory card onto my pc hdd, and back again so I am wondering what the problem is preventing it been possible?
if you read this thread this has been discussed MANY times. the exported saves for psx games are signed by the console to prevent tampering. the method and keys to sign them are unknown and finding them is not in the scope of this project. im hoping that the ps3 homebrew will one day provide this info. Since this signing is only for the psv file exports and these exports are not very useful to the people writing homebrew(or pirates) I wouldn't expect to get those keys any time soon.

eg. more modern games have save editors and dont need a CFW PS3.
Many PS3 games do not sign their saves. for some reason they DO sign the psx saves when exported from the ps3/psp/vita. Untill the method known to make these signatures (and the keys to sign them) are known there is NOTHING i can do other then direct you to the known workarounds. Basicly you will need a way to get your save on a real psx memory card  or other device (psp/vita) that the ps3 will accept the save from. (see the FAQ link above for workarounds)

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: 2014-02-16 22:40:32 »
thanks, I asked a app company (they made a ps3 resigner) to look into if they can resign ps1 saves as well.

also thanks for signing my save for me.

wryknow

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: 2014-03-07 01:43:36 »
Help!

I'm having the same issue as this dude. my save folder is at: C:\Users\**Redacted**\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII\rld

when I go back to look in that folder the save file has been deleted.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1048 on: 2014-03-07 14:41:18 »
I'm having the same issue as this dude. my save folder is at: C:\Users\**Redacted**\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII\rld

when I go back to look in that folder the save file has been deleted.

1. your save path is not correct. it should end in user_<ID NUMBER> for a retail version of 2012 or Steam version. (you did get a retail copy from the respective store didn't you ? )

2. reguardless of your save path if your using black chocobo 1.9.82 and there is a metadata.xml it should sign it with only the MD5 of the save and not include a userID if a non valid (non numeric) id is used.

if your not using 1.9.82 please upgrade and try again. if you are please give me a copy of your save and metadata.xml

wryknow

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: 2014-03-07 17:16:57 »
1. your save path is not correct. it should end in user_<ID NUMBER> for a retail version of 2012 or Steam version. (you did get a retail copy from the respective store didn't you ? )

A friend of mine installed the copy of the game for me I don't think it's legit :<

2. reguardless of your save path if your using black chocobo 1.9.82 and there is a metadata.xml it should sign it with only the MD5 of the save and not include a userID if a non valid (non numeric) id is used.

if your not using 1.9.82 please upgrade and try again. if you are please give me a copy of your save and metadata.xml

Using 1.9.82 link to the save and the  xml in 7z format follows:

https://mega.co.nz/#!hktyjJQQ!qjrzzTl6FaP4da-J02y4916FaAupjUN2I7FyLdWz4Ho