Author Topic: 7th Heaven Updates (Coming With Catalog 3.0)  (Read 60068 times)

Namur

• View Profile
Re: 7th Heaven Updates (Coming With Catalog 3.0)
« Reply #25 on: 2018-05-08 09:03:26 »
Sorry for posting in this thread. I would like to give a massive thankyou to all involved in this. The work is absolutely amazing, second to none especially for my all time favourite game. Looking forward to whats to come in the future, wished I knew how to mod and program stuff, I would happily help if I could.

Once again thank you guys so much!!

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2018-05-28 04:00:27 »
Keeping you guys posted.  A lot going on with work and my gaming life so this project took a back seat.  I have gotten to the second disk so half of most of the story is done.  Good news is once second disc is done I will be able to safely release it so you guys can play through up to disk two with the major to minor changes.  After that it'll be smooth sailing since disc three is mostly extra stuff.  Not sure when I'll get back to doing it but shouldn't be to long.

IronSlasher

• Yes I have Lionheart and Tidus' pendant tattoos
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2018-08-05 01:08:16 »
Looking forward to it!  ;D

I've been having issues with incompatible Kernels from the Menu Overhaul project overwriting my custom KERNEL.BIN settings. You mentioned that the Menu Overhaul mod's Kernals were added by mistake and should be rectified with the new catalog. I can't wait!

Eagerly anticipating the day I can once again use my custom KERNAL.BIN with the Menu Overhaul Project.

Thanks for your hard work!

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2018-09-02 22:27:09 »
Will there be an other release of 7H in the future, allowing to have MO, Beacause and NT mod working nice together ?  8)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: 2018-09-03 04:31:47 »
Beacause will never work with NT until Sega Chief creates NT 2.0. He wants to combine Beacause with it for that release, but it's far, far off from completion.

MO already works with NT.

I do have plans for the next release to allow MO and Beacause to be played without having to do any .exe switching.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2018-09-03 13:11:04 »
Beacause will never work with NT until Sega Chief creates NT 2.0. He wants to combine Beacause with it for that release, but it's far, far off from completion.

MO already works with NT.

I do have plans for the next release to allow MO and Beacause to be played without having to do any .exe switching.

Thank you !
So, in 7H catalog, if I activate both MO and NT mod 1.5, I can play with the 2 mods together ?
I only played goerulv's hardcore mod, and I would try at least one time the NT mod, but I can't play without MO ^^

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2018-09-03 13:19:17 »
Thank you !
So, in 7H catalog, if I activate both MO and NT mod 1.5, I can play with the 2 mods together ?
I only played goerulv's hardcore mod, and I would try at least one time the NT mod, but I can't play without MO ^^

If you are using the newest version of New Threat from the offical thread with the ff7_bc.exe that is also included in that download then the Menu Overhaul portion of the Reunion IRO will work with no issues.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2018-09-03 17:58:51 »
If you are using the newest version of New Threat from the offical thread with the ff7_bc.exe that is also included in that download then the Menu Overhaul portion of the Reunion IRO will work with no issues.

What do you mean ?
I must not use the NT from the 7H catalog ?

I usually mod my game by using only 7H catalog and activate mods froms here
What do I have to do for having latest NT version working with Reunion and MO , and eventual grapic mods so ?

Thank you so much !

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2018-09-03 18:05:04 »
The version of NT that is in the 7h catalogue is 1.4 and does not support menu over haul. In the official NT thread there is a link to the IRO version of NT 1.5 that comes with the IRO and a set of exes. Take the ff7_bc.exe and put it in your ff7 folder where the current ff7_bc.exe is and overwrite it (make a backup first ofc)

then you can either
   1. Take the NT iro included and place it in your ff7/mods/7th heaven folder where the rest of your iros are and lauch 7h
   2. In 7h go to your library and select import -> import from iro archive -> select the NT iro you downloaded, name it and hit go/ok/import. Then refresh the library tab and active the new IRO at the bottom of the list.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2018-09-03 18:11:31 »
The current 7H NT can run with MO, but the ff7_mo.exe provided in the game converter changes the starting stats. I have the updated version with the correct stats, but just waiting on some free time to convert it to hext for injection with the next 7H update.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2018-09-03 19:54:52 »
The version of NT that is in the 7h catalogue is 1.4 and does not support menu over haul. In the official NT thread there is a link to the IRO version of NT 1.5 that comes with the IRO and a set of exes. Take the ff7_bc.exe and put it in your ff7 folder where the current ff7_bc.exe is and overwrite it (make a backup first ofc)

then you can either
   1. Take the NT iro included and place it in your ff7/mods/7th heaven folder where the rest of your iros are and lauch 7h
   2. In 7h go to your library and select import -> import from iro archive -> select the NT iro you downloaded, name it and hit go/ok/import. Then refresh the library tab and active the new IRO at the bottom of the list.

Ok I get it now !!

Thank you very much for your time and patience :)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2019-02-04 11:30:51 »
Updated the Tutorial page with the latest build of 7H v1.56 RC6. It has pretty much all the features I listed in the OP of this thread.

Nothing within the Catalog has been updated yet because...1) I've been unmotivated (lazy) to continue work the past year or so on this project, but more importantly 2) I'm waiting for the next big projects to update (New Threat, Reunion, ReMako HD). All other smaller additions or changes to the Catalog were halted until those next big three released. Sorry if this bothers anyone. I do this because it's honestly really tiring to constantly update the Catalog with every little small change from every active mod in development. It's much easier to accumulate a list of small changes until a major mod update hits, then release everything in a big ball of excitement.

Considering how long it's taking for them to develop, if even one of those big three were to release an update, I'd probably update the Catalog to 3.0 at that point.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2019-02-05 04:47:54 »
What does my Sephiroth mod constitutes lol?  Anyway keep up the great work mine should be completed pretty soon.

ProtoX

« Reply #38 on: 2019-02-07 20:30:16 »
you might wanna update my mods that are in 7th heaven with the ones in my compilation thead with my proper name please.

Topken

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2019-02-10 19:50:06 »
@EQ2Alza looks like we have a MAJOR issue with the newest 7th Haven update It is putting mods into

Code: [Select]
C:\Games\FINAL\ FANTASY\ VII\mods\7H
For me for some reason instead of putting them into the PROPER FF7 folder which is

Code: [Select]
C:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII

AKA without all the EXTRA SLASHES in the folder path

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2019-02-11 00:39:42 »
7H injects into whatever folder you designate in the Workshop -> General Settings. That problem is a user error.

Topken

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2019-02-12 00:15:27 »
It was setup and working fine before I updated and all I did was replace my old 7th heaven install with the files from the new update

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2019-02-12 08:17:17 »
Just open the settings and enter the correct link to the exe.

Topken

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2019-02-15 12:35:52 »
Just open the settings and enter the correct link to the exe.

I have already fixed it. Just letting others know that just replacing files isn't enough and you are going to need to do more to get it working

RJTheDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2019-03-10 09:04:46 »
Yeah, I noticed this on my initial setup of 7th Heaven (which was with version 1.56). By default it had all those extra slashes (some slashes were even backwards "/" and on one of the lines it had it listed something like "Final\/Fantasy\VII"). I know I did not enter those, because it was the very first time I went into the config. Before doing anything else I made sure to set it up properly and it has worked fine.

Recently though, I've been having one issue where the "direct" and "music" folders in "Extra Folders" keep getting duplicated every time I launch the game with the 7th Heaven launcher. It got to a point where my game was lagging very badly, and I went to check the config and noticed 100+ instances of these folders listed. After deleting them to just the 2, the game was smooth as could be, but launching the game again added 2 more instances of those folders. Does anyone have any idea why it would keep making those folders each time I launch the game?

Also, is there a way to add an image to a post or does it have to be an online image only? Was going to post an image of my General Settings in 7th Heaven to show more clearly what I mean about the "direct" and "music" folders.
« Last Edit: 2019-03-10 09:06:21 by RJTheDestroyer »

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2019-03-10 18:09:21 »
Yeah, I noticed this on my initial setup of 7th Heaven (which was with version 1.56). By default it had all those extra slashes (some slashes were even backwards "/" and on one of the lines it had it listed something like "Final\/Fantasy\VII"). I know I did not enter those, because it was the very first time I went into the config. Before doing anything else I made sure to set it up properly and it has worked fine.

Recently though, I've been having one issue where the "direct" and "music" folders in "Extra Folders" keep getting duplicated every time I launch the game with the 7th Heaven launcher. It got to a point where my game was lagging very badly, and I went to check the config and noticed 100+ instances of these folders listed. After deleting them to just the 2, the game was smooth as could be, but launching the game again added 2 more instances of those folders. Does anyone have any idea why it would keep making those folders each time I launch the game?

Yeah both of those issues are bugs with 1.56 unfortunately, and there isn't currently a fix for it. It's best to manually put in your source information and delete those extra instances of "direct" and "music" for now.

Also, is there a way to add an image to a post or does it have to be an online image only? Was going to post an image of my General Settings in 7th Heaven to show more clearly what I mean about the "direct" and "music" folders.

All images have to have an online source like from Imgur or Discord.

rattamatt396

• View Profile
Re: 7th Heaven Updates (Coming With Catalog 3.0) REUNION
« Reply #46 on: 2019-03-10 20:42:38 »
Will the reunion version RO5C ever get added to the catalog in final heaven? The current version of the reunion mod in the final heaven catalog is version R03C and is completely outdated and dropped support for final heaven a while ago. I would love to have the benefits of this mod.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2019-03-11 01:10:13 »
R05c won't be added. It's a massive mod to pull apart and organize all the proper files, so I'm waiting until R06 is released to start that process.

rattamatt396

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2019-03-11 02:13:03 »
is there any info on when that will be out?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2019-03-11 07:03:47 »
When it's finished is the only info we know. DLPB is very particular with his work. He generally doesn't release broken or buggy mods because he does all his own internal testing and tool creation. It takes time and patience to achieve the amount of work he's doing.