Author Topic: Final Soul Fantasy Reaver  (Read 35499 times)

apz freak

• View Profile
Final Soul Fantasy Reaver
« on: 2008-03-03 02:22:31 »

The Final Soul Fantasy Reaver:

Those game editing tools are finally got to the point where I could do things like this. It's Final Fantasy VII with Raziel from Soul Reaver instead of Cloud.

It's hilarious! Man, I'm loving it, I even switched the music too.

Thank you guys for your little programs, with them I'm allowed to be a supreme PSX geek and make things like this. Thanks!

I'm getting around to adding the Raziel field model, I've already chopped him up and resized him...

I'm just having alittle difficulty figuring out the field model system, I'm sure I'll get it down sooner or later, I got this far after all!

Perhaps when I've done more to it, I can make some youtube videos. That'll get people excited!

Whaddya think?

« Last Edit: 2008-03-26 08:29:40 by apz freak »

Mattie

• View Profile
Re: Final Soul Fantasy Reaver
« Reply #1 on: 2008-03-03 10:11:48 »
That sword looks pretty kick ass \m/ nice work :D

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-03-03 10:29:41 »
raziel looks hilarious in SD form  :-D

this is a "must-have" mod for me.

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-03-03 22:51:15 »
lol it kinda just looks like a variant of vincent...but i like it do u plan on releasing it?

i think it would make a great sephiroth replacement also

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-03-04 01:34:16 »
Well I would like to, but I don't think I can. I ripped Raziel out of the PC version of Soul Reaver, so ultimately it's whether or not Crystal Dynamics cares or not. They were cool with the guy who designed the software that extracts the models, they even put a picture of him in Defiance, and made one of his cartoony april fools joke into a button combination cheat code. How cool is that, to be honored in a game in which you obsessed over.

I'd like to add though that I made the Soul Reaver Wraith Blade from scratch myself. Nice eh? I'm working on the Fire Reaver, the Dark Reaver and the Amplified Reaver (The Ultimate one in the SR) and I'm debating where I should put the Soul Reaver corporeal blade (The one Kain has the curvy sword and skull on the Hilt)
« Last Edit: 2008-03-04 01:37:56 by apz freak »

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-03-04 07:27:46 »
i think it would make a great sephiroth replacement also
while you're at it. replace sephiroth with kain. a perfect fit :]

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-03-04 08:31:01 »
That's definitely something you don't even need to ask. I was already gonna do it! Sephiroth as Kain? Of Course! I'm gonna get the Raz field model in though first before I work on Kain, I got the model, but I still gotta chop him up and resize him, I'll get to that after I'm done with the field model and the weapons.

:?  Hey! For all you Legacy of Kain fans...

What should Raziels' final weapon be... the physical Soul Reaver blade, or the Amplified Spirit Reaver from Definace, ya know at the end?

I think the blue Material Reaver is the perfect equivalent to the Buster Sword, it's a no brainer to me!

I'm also gonna add the torch and a few spears from Soul Reaver, just to make it more authentic.

Another quick question... How would I go about changing the names of the Spells and the Weapons? I haven't quite figured that one out yet.

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-03-04 10:21:45 »
i think you should try to leave standard weapons as they were (raziel with buster sword would be neat to see),
and change ultima weapon into a soul reaver.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-03-06 07:55:31 »

Sorry, but this is more fun for me, I've seen all those weapons a thousand times, this'll give more of a Soul Reaver experience!
« Last Edit: 2008-03-06 08:44:54 by apz freak »

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-03-12 09:19:03 »

Here's all the weapons I've made so far!

The Soul Reaver replica is my favorite!
« Last Edit: 2008-03-12 09:22:34 by apz freak »

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-03-12 11:33:47 »
12/16 weapons is pretty good! Oh yeah, you'll use teioh to change the weapon names.
when/if you release this, it's a must have in my books!

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-03-25 05:34:26 »

Alright, I've made all the weapons, and decided to weigh them with appropriate matches as close as possible to Cloud's weapon set.

Buster Sword   - Material Reaver
Hardedge       - Wing Staff
Mythril Saber  - Torch
Force Stealer  - Spectral Reaver
Butterfly Edge - Time Staff
Rune Blade     - Dark Reaver
Yoshiyuki      - Clan Spear
Murasame       - Light Reaver
Nail Bat       - Rusty Pipe
Organics       - Fire Reaver
Enhanced Sword - Air Reaver
Crystal Sword  - Water Reaver
Heaven's Cloud - Earth Reaver
Apocalypse     - Soul Reaver
Ragnarok       - Kain Reaver
Ultima Weapon  - Spirit Reaver

Each one of these I've modeled myself and it only uses 2 texture maps (rtad & rtae) between all 16 of them!

Now onto figuring out putting the Field model in, I haven't done any of that yet. But now that I got the weapons out of the way, i'll get that going, and have fun with the variations (Cross-dressing blue dead guy anyone?) But I'm gonna make the young Raziel and REAL Nibelheim incident model modified Cloud's only with black hair with Raziel's bangs. The whole point being that those S-Cell experiments did that to em... Kinda sorta makes sense!

Edit:

If I can only change the names to 14 characters long, I'll rename the "Material Reaver" to "Materia Reaver"  :-D and "Spectral Reaver" to "Spectre Reaver"... I don't think anyone would mind such subtle changes, but I thought it was interesting if that's indeed the case.
« Last Edit: 2008-03-25 05:40:45 by apz freak »

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-03-30 15:30:06 »
This looks absoloutly awesome, top marks  :-D

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-03-30 18:30:14 »
is there a way to make a patcher that will rip the file out of the soul reaver game and put them the wa they need to be for the ffvii files? that way it can be shared without the copy righting issue?

Viashino

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-04-01 17:08:02 »
hehe very creative.  I like the idea. Nice work :lol:

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008-04-15 09:20:21 »
this mod looks awesome (well, save for the fact that sephiroth is going to be replaced by kain...) IMHO the sephiroth patch and cloud turned into kain/raziel would make an awesome game! XD just a fantasy however!

adventsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008-11-05 22:23:10 »
this would be GREAT if you could edit vincents limits and use this guy and play like a regular character, with all the attack menu abilities etc, and if its edited to have super-human strength etc, things like 3 turn invincibility, among other fancy powers. o_O

sorry for reviving, i know some are sticklers, but this is a great thread lol.

Rufus95

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008-11-07 22:59:41 »
yeah that would be good.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008-11-10 00:38:56 »
Wow, I'm glad people enjoy the idea! (No I don't care that it's an old thread)

Sorry, I kinda never really did anything beyond what I posted here. If I suddenly get some inspiration for it, I'll do more with it!

ModHelp

• WAKKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008-11-10 20:30:48 »
is there a release

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008-11-11 02:44:47 »
Well to be honest I kinda lost interest, and putting together something for someone to download would be time and energy I don't have right now. At least not for this, I think I told someone I would release the weapons because I made them 100% myself. But not right now

Ashurathedemon

« Reply #21 on: 2008-12-07 22:47:34 »
AESOME GIVE IT TO ME!