Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 Bootleg Steam Video Issue - Running Parallels on Mac  (Read 4067 times)

seahawk12

• View Profile
Hello,

I am hoping someone might be able to help with a video issue I'm having.  I'm currently running Parallels on my Mac and I'm trying to play the modded version of Final Fantasy 7 using the Steam version.  The modded process seemed to go pretty smoothly as I got only yellow/green cells across the board.  After I ran Bootloader though, I got this error message:

"OpenGL renderer appears to be the Microsoft software renderer.  Your graphics drivers are probably not installed or installed incorrectly.  Expect Extreme Lag".

After this, I see a half filled Final Fantasy back splash followed by a "Continue" and "New Game" option screen with nothing but a black screen in the back.  I click on "New Game" and then I hear some random opening scene noises and a window message from Barrett saying "Hey newcomer. Follow me".  After that, it's just black and I'm forced to "Force Quit" the game.

I've tried using Aali's custom driver with no luck.  When I look under Device Manager, Parallels has my Windows 7 Display adapter listed as "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter".

I've spent a lot of time trying to play this game on my Mac and getting the mods list ready.  Feel like I'm almost there and this is the last issue that needs to be solved.  Already spent a lot of time troubleshooting it with no success.  Hoping someone can help?

Thank you in advance!

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
You should be using 7th Heaven instead, as Bootleg is dead. Most of the issues with Bootleg have been fixed in 7th Heaven.

seahawk12

• View Profile
Thank you!

I won't run into the same graphics issues if I follow the steps for 7th Heaven?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
Nope, 7th Heaven is much more stable than Bootleg, and what you should be using anyway.

seahawk12

• View Profile
Great, thank you!  I keep getting error messages when I try and download the mods.  Any workaround with this?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
You should post in the 7th Heaven forum instead.

seahawk12

• View Profile
Will do.  Thank you for your help!