Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4868937 times)

Ethario

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #5675 on: 2017-07-31 01:37:24 »
Can confirm just did the "protect vest" fight and it didn't drop for me either (normal)

Edit:

Also had this happen on rufus fight, no mega-elixer drop but a holy torch from the add.
(I wanted the shotgun steal so I reload the fight and I got mega-elixer when I did NOT kill the add and just killed rufus).
« Last Edit: 2017-07-31 02:22:01 by Ethario »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: 2017-07-31 04:49:30 »
I encountered something yesterday Sega Chief. The rocket launchers that you encounter around the Sector 5 reactor, they use energy rocket that has a chance to inflict darkness.
When I attempted to cure with echo-drops, the item always misses. Is this intentional for 'arrange'? Or is this a bug? Wasn't really sure.

P.S. Also...
Spoiler: show
That pincer Plasma Buster fight! Genius! Totally caught me off guard! Nice work  8-)

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: 2017-07-31 06:08:54 »
Sega Chief, this is supposed to the last version of NT, correct? Are you still planning on trying your hand at making FFVIII less of a broken mess?

ManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: 2017-07-31 10:39:55 »
All right, that's 1.5 up. If I've missed anything fundamental with the installer, or if you run into errors early on, then let me know so I can rectify it ASAP.
I guess now I find out how easy/difficult it is to update this with 7th Heaven.

EDIT to above: I see that the Gameplay mods section in 7H is still described as last updating February. I suppose that means I can't update to 1.5?
Re-EDIT: The version I have installed says it's newer than the one in the 7H Catalog. Huh.

Rather than finding multiple quotes I'll describe here: I previously mentioned an issue with turning the guards in Rocket Town into frogs soft-locking the game. I've since had a problem with another enemy in the Ancient Forest, I believe named Diablo. I disabled all of the graphical mods that I had assumed wouldn't affect gameplay code...and it resolved the problem. So it seems that the problem either does not lie with New Threat, or lies with the interplay between two or more mods. For my own part, I will probably just refrain from using frog-related offense until I've beaten the game, but afterward I may try each combination to see if I can narrow down the source of the problem.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-31 13:39:40 by ManInBlack »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: 2017-07-31 14:36:14 »
Can confirm just did the "protect vest" fight and it didn't drop for me either (normal)

Edit:

Also had this happen on rufus fight, no mega-elixer drop but a holy torch from the add.
(I wanted the shotgun steal so I reload the fight and I got mega-elixer when I did NOT kill the add and just killed rufus).

If you steal an item, it prevents the enemy's drop from being calculated after battle. Here's their items (if this is different in the item list database then apologies):

Rufus
Megalixir (100% Drop)
Shinra Beta: Steal, base 16 chance
Shotgun: Steal, base 8 chance

Light Nation
Holy Torch (100% Drop)
Vaccine: Steal, base 32 chance

Steal formulas take player level vs enemy level into account, it'll be tougher to steal on Arrange than on Normal due to this as Arrange enemies have a level boost.

I encountered something yesterday Sega Chief. The rocket launchers that you encounter around the Sector 5 reactor, they use energy rocket that has a chance to inflict darkness.
When I attempted to cure with echo-drops, the item always misses. Is this intentional for 'arrange'? Or is this a bug? Wasn't really sure.

I checked the kernel, and Echo Drops only have the Silence box tagged and not Darkness as well. I missed it when I re-did the kernel from scratch, I guess. I'll put a hotfix patch up to correct it.

Sega Chief, this is supposed to the last version of NT, correct? Are you still planning on trying your hand at making FFVIII less of a broken mess?

FF8 NT is the next project, yeah. I've been picking at it on and off while FF7 NT was being wrapped up, now I'm ready to start working on it properly and start getting an alpha build together for testing/feedback.

I guess now I find out how easy/difficult it is to update this with 7th Heaven.

EDIT to above: I see that the Gameplay mods section in 7H is still described as last updating February. I suppose that means I can't update to 1.5?
Re-EDIT: The version I have installed says it's newer than the one in the 7H Catalog. Huh.

Rather than finding multiple quotes I'll describe here: I previously mentioned an issue with turning the guards in Rocket Town into frogs soft-locking the game. I've since had a problem with another enemy in the Ancient Forest, I believe named Diablo. I disabled all of the graphical mods that I had assumed wouldn't affect gameplay code...and it resolved the problem. So it seems that the problem either does not lie with New Threat, or lies with the interplay between two or more mods. For my own part, I will probably just refrain from using frog-related offense until I've beaten the game, but afterward I may try each combination to see if I can narrow down the source of the problem.

The catalog IRO is handled by Elyza, and is updated separately. I'll get in touch with her after the bugs have been corrected, so for now I'd recommend using the IRO I've put up on this thread.

So the Frog thing is to do with other mods? I wonder what's causing it.

Edit: Uploaded a scene hotfix patch for two issues, should only be 700KB in size.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-31 14:50:57 by Sega Chief »

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: 2017-07-31 15:57:01 »
Ok, encountered two oddities in Wall Market and Honey Bee Inn. In the wall Market, there are two guys standing outside near the Gym. I talked with them, and the text went from the initial things they say when you first show up, to the text changes that happen after the Sector 7 plate falls. This happened well before Second 7 was flattened though.

Second issue is while I was asking the Honey Bee Inn worker to add the makeup, I was able to ask her to apply it three times before she actually applied it. The dialogue options reset after I had hit "Ok".

ManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: 2017-07-31 16:15:42 »
Alright, I've got 1.5 installed. Seeing as how I did the Ancient Forest two nights ago, I have to ask if the man at the end says anything now? (I don't remember if he did in vanilla.)

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: 2017-07-31 16:46:32 »

Edit:

Ugh so sorry sega chief. I was totally aware that the dropped item does not drop when you steal.
I was up really late playing your mod and was not thinking straight. Thanks for setting it straight tho.

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: 2017-07-31 16:49:02 »
Damn i hope Second Wind innate is a typo, not a fan  :-\ :-\ :-\

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5684 on: 2017-07-31 16:57:43 »
Gonna wait on the bug fixes before I upload to the 7H Catalog.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5685 on: 2017-07-31 17:01:25 »
is the hero drink 2 the best parade prize?

also there's another fort condor battle just after the rufus send off but it doesnt give the message for it

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: 2017-07-31 17:06:59 »
Damn i hope Second Wind innate is a typo, not a fan  :-\ :-\ :-\
The general premise of it will be a BIG help in battles where the enemy has a lot of HP or things get drawn out for whatever reasons. That said, it's true usefulness will not likely pop up until much later in the game, where-as the usefulness of other character's inates are pretty much set from the second you get them.

So a big help late-game, and kind of helpful with things when a fight gets dragged out for whatever reason.

The prior versions of New Threat didn't even give Cloud an inate ability until after you had claimed him from that resort town (the one that sinks into the lifestream) in disc 2. :shrugs:

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: 2017-07-31 17:24:20 »
The general premise of it will be a BIG help in battles where the enemy has a lot of HP or things get drawn out for whatever reasons. That said, it's true usefulness will not likely pop up until much later in the game, where-as the usefulness of other character's inates are pretty much set from the second you get them.

So a big help late-game, and kind of helpful with things when a fight gets dragged out for whatever reason.

The prior versions of New Threat didn't even give Cloud an inate ability until after you had claimed him from that resort town (the one that sinks into the lifestream) in disc 2. :shrugs:

I was kinda hardcore into the changing (identity crisis) innate where previous members actions boosted similar actions from Cloud, since it fit so well with what is actually going on with Cloud through out the whole game. Well i got Arrange now atleast so i shouldnt complain, though Cloud will most likely not be in my party ever for end-game content =D.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-31 17:26:37 by deha0002 »

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: 2017-07-31 17:33:20 »
I was kinda hardcore into the changing (identity crisis) innate where previous members actions boosted similar actions from Cloud, since it fit so well with what is actually going on with Cloud through out the whole game. Well i got Arrange now atleast so i shouldnt complain, though Cloud will most likely not be in my party ever for end-game content =D.
I honestly had never seen his Inate actually do that in the previous versions though.

That said, thematically it was amusing and did fit from a story and character perspective, but gameplay wise I had never seen it actually do what it was supposed to do.

It's a pity he couldn't randomly copy one of the inates of the members in the party with him, but that would be potentially too game-breaking (either in terms of causing Cloud to be too powerful, or causing the game to crash lol).

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: 2017-07-31 18:35:50 »
« Last Edit: 2017-07-31 19:10:50 by selius »

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: 2017-07-31 20:57:44 »
I honestly had never seen his Inate actually do that in the previous versions though.

That said, thematically it was amusing and did fit from a story and character perspective, but gameplay wise I had never seen it actually do what it was supposed to do.

It's a pity he couldn't randomly copy one of the inates of the members in the party with him, but that would be potentially too game-breaking (either in terms of causing Cloud to be too powerful, or causing the game to crash lol).

True that, though as it stands now its worth 1 elixir + 1 turn(action) ONCE per battle....so nah Clouds innate is not something to be "whohooing" about like lets say Vincents selfsustain, Cid's Barriers or Nanakis +50 STR/MAG.

I would even go for a flat stat boost (though boring) than Second Wind tbh =D. But hey an innate can be improved, the game balance feels better with Arrange now so i am quite happy!

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: 2017-07-31 22:37:57 »
Ok, I encountered a problem. Unbeatable Ghosts in the train graveyard. Sometimes they go invisible (and thus unhittable) and never 'reappear', meaning I end up facing off with an enemy that cannot be hit by anything and that will continue attacking endlessly, forcing me to either flee, die, or turn random battles off in the Train Graveyard when that happens.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-31 23:45:21 by Robo Jesus »

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: 2017-07-31 23:44:56 »
So I started 1.5 today, Arranged Mode activated, and all I have to say is WOW! This mode is fantastic! Whenever I could bring it up to anyone I would mention just how great this mod was. This was during 1.4 where Arranged wasn't available, but now with it enabled, this mod, which I thought couldn't get any better, somehow managed to. I'm only a few fights in and so far the changes have been subtle in some spots, VERY noticeable in others. The mod is tougher yet Arranged doesn't feel cheap. I've gotta pay my respects to you Sega, you're one hell of a creator for putting this thing together. I thank you!

So far, I've only found one possible bug and one thing that may need to be looked at? Unsure on both. I haven't been able to duplicate the bug, but at the first save point, in the Reactor, I somehow managed to "take the save state" with me anywhere I went. No matter where I went in the Reactor, the game thought I was standing on a Save Point and I could use a Tent. I tried doing it again and I've tried on different Save Points and I can't get it to happen again. I have no clue what I did the first time, nor do I know if it was a bug with the original or the mod, or if it could be done on any save point or just that one. Vague, I know, wish I could say more.

As for the thing that may need to be looked at. It was already mentioned about how in the Beginner's Hall, the guy says it's 1.4, however also in there the Junon Leagues were mentioned. Memory may be serving me wrong here but was that not removed? If it wasn't then no problem here.

One last note, if you want to see a visible feedback of bosses, how they play and the damage they do in relation to the players powerbase, I've started to upload them on the YouTube's. Other then that, I'll try and find more bugs and things that may be unbalanced and give my thought like before.

Thanks again Sega, This guy am sick!

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: 2017-08-01 01:18:07 »
True that, though as it stands now its worth 1 elixir + 1 turn(action) ONCE per battle

Now that someone has mentioned it, I've been able to proc the innate more than once per battle. I've had it proc twice in a battle while in the 2nd reactor, goofing around in front of the save point before setting the bomb. This happened again while goofing off vs Eligor. In both cases I could tell because Cloud's MP went back up again despite not taking any action to restore MP.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-01 01:39:18 by Bowser9 »

P2theA

• View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: 2017-08-01 01:55:27 »
Is there any kind of stats growth in the Arranged mode, or it is designed to be like a difficult ''low level'' mode with higher HP/MP ? I was shocked when I found that the Rank up feature was disabled in Arrange, and I was looking forward to use it in a higher difficulty setting. Just pass through the Mithril Mine and the random encounter start to be a little time/ressource heavy, and with no stats growth to help, I wonder how the game will feel later on. Anyway I'm really grateful of the the work you did wtih this mod , and will continue to follow it in the future.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: 2017-08-01 02:27:11 »
Ok, found an odd graphics glitch on floor 63 of Shinra tower.

Spoiler: A screenshot of the glitch • show

I suspect that it may be an oversized "Mog" due to one of the things sticking up looking somewhat like a tooth, but I admit I may be wrong there with that. Whatever it is though, it's making it difficult to see what is going on on floor 63.

Is there any kind of stats growth in the Arranged mode, or it is designed to be like a difficult ''low level'' mode with higher HP/MP ? I was shocked when I found that the Rank up feature was disabled in Arrange, and I was looking forward to use it in a higher difficulty setting. Just pass through the Mithril Mine and the random encounter start to be a little time/ressource heavy, and with no stats growth to help, I wonder how the game will feel later on. Anyway I'm really grateful of the the work you did wtih this mod , and will continue to follow it in the future.
That sounds like a glitch. Arrange is supposed to have Rank Up features just like 'Normal'.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: 2017-08-01 02:30:49 »
I have not encountered the floor 63 glitch that Robo Jesus has.

EDIT: I don't know if this is intended and/or if it's just me, but the two commandos at the Respectable Inn both use Cid's model.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-01 03:05:42 by Bowser9 »

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: 2017-08-01 03:04:20 »
Ok, found an odd graphics glitch on floor 63 of Shinra tower.

Spoiler: A screenshot of the glitch • show

I suspect that it may be an oversized "Mog" due to one of the things sticking up looking somewhat like a tooth, but I admit I may be wrong there with that. Whatever it is though, it's making it difficult to see what is going on on floor 63.
That sounds like a glitch. Arrange is supposed to have Rank Up features just like 'Normal'.

I have not encountered the floor 63 glitch that Robo Jesus has.

I also did not have this glitch, might be hard to reproduce.

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: 2017-08-01 03:08:27 »

Can anyone confirm there is rank ups in arrange ? Seems a bit weird that there would be none.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: 2017-08-01 04:16:09 »
Hmm, during the Shinra HQ Elevator fight, Barret got hit with something that gave both Silence and Darkness, but the Echo Drops don't cure his Darkness.