Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1848721 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1300 on: 2012-06-13 20:31:24 »
Yes actually I take it that's the problem. I never tried hardcore til now figured it would be cool

And you still can! Just install Gjoerulz's Hardcore Mod as your standalone difficulty. I believe the 0039 release will fix it to be used with Mode Switching.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1301 on: 2012-06-13 20:34:19 »
Alright, thanks. Can you direct me to a list of system requirements for the overall ff7 mod?, if it's not too much trouble for you. Once again, thanks.

I read somewhere here that you need a dedicated video card from the Nvidia 200 series or newer. I don't do AMD, so no clue there.

BitPrat can probably confirm this?  8)
« Last Edit: 2012-06-13 20:35:56 by EQ2Alyza »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: 2012-06-13 20:43:57 »
nlee1201,
You may need to disable compatibility mode for FF7.exe.  Some systems don't like running the .exe in compatibility mode.
Also, try running the game with the SAFE setting in Bootloader.

ineedhelp,
Did you mods folder also beging with C:\final fantasy . . .
Don't use a mod path with spaces in the name.

ineedhelp

• View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: 2012-06-13 21:49:48 »
nlee1201,
You may need to disable compatibility mode for FF7.exe.  Some systems don't like running the .exe in compatibility mode.
Also, try running the game with the SAFE setting in Bootloader.

ineedhelp,
Did you mods folder also beging with C:\final fantasy . . .
Don't use a mod path with spaces in the name.

Yep, I used no spaces in any of the path folders. I'll update my drivers sometime later and then see if anything changes.

ineedhelp

• View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: 2012-06-13 21:50:59 »
I read somewhere here that you need a dedicated video card from the Nvidia 200 series or newer. I don't do AMD, so no clue there.

BitPrat can probably confirm this?  8)

OKay, will do. Thanks.

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: 2012-06-13 21:57:41 »
Does anyone know roughly how long the updating process take for updating remix files and repairing models part of the installation I am using a folder with no spaces at all in it and still just hangs there. Also pitbrat you said that my graphics card is not compatible with some of the newer mods is that you think that could be causing me issues with insallation.

P.S   Any idea on a rough ETA of version 39 of the bootlegger mod cheers for the help.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-13 22:08:51 by tifalockheart1983 »

jinrok

• View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: 2012-06-13 22:17:13 »
Just for know, is it possible to make a pack with everything? Cause a torrent download for it should be useful

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: 2012-06-13 23:02:34 »
No, not possible to make a pack containing all mods.
The torrent would be over 21GB.
Also, some mod creators have requested that their work not be redistributed.

tifalockheart1983,
The TEMP folder might have spaces in the path.  This error is fixed for the next release.

I'm currently waiting on the new Red XIII model before I release 0039.  I would also like to wait for the new version of FF7Music.  I will release 0039 by the end of the month even if these 2 mods are not ready.

Tapatos

• Woot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: 2012-06-13 23:12:08 »
And you still can! Just install Gjoerulz's Hardcore Mod as your standalone difficulty. I believe the 0039 release will fix it to be used with Mode Switching.
Installed normal vanilla game and it works fine cant wait for 0039 gunna go through again on hardcore

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: 2012-06-13 23:14:18 »
No, not possible to make a pack containing all mods.
The torrent would be over 21GB.
Also, some mod creators have requested that their work not be redistributed.

tifalockheart1983,
The TEMP folder might have spaces in the path.  This error is fixed for the next release.

I'm currently waiting on the new Red XIII model before I release 0039.  I would also like to wait for the new version of FF7Music.  I will release 0039 by the end of the month even if these 2 mods are not ready.

Thanks dude I think version 39 will solve my issues so I will wait for that keep up the awesome pitbrat this is an awesome tool.

nlee1201

« Reply #1310 on: 2012-06-14 00:38:24 »
Thanks for your reply PitBrat, but I've tried both suggestions without success :(. Do you think you could take a look at my APP.LOG and crash.dmp files? Here are links:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i20rwg0wkx7qk03/APP.LOG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6crrz4ugiyi8nhm/crash.dmp

Before each reinstall I've cleaned the registry so I don't think that's the problem. Does running the Bootloader with safe settings disable the modified menu? Maybe I should try reinstalling the mods without the menu screen being modified because that's where it seems to run into problems. I've enabled full control in the security options for the Final Fantasy VII folder so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm pretty sure my FF7 discs are fine because they were running before installing the mods.

ineedhelp

• View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: 2012-06-14 01:13:53 »
Okay, I have solved it! I left out Menu Overhaul and the overlapped disappeared like it was magic.  :roll:

ineedhelp

• View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: 2012-06-15 07:04:40 »
Damn that's weird! I installed the whole thing again and now everything works flawlessly. However, just one tiny issue, and I tried looking everywhere for answer, but I haven't found one. Has the issue of Aeris' attack sound been brought up? She makes that sound attack voice that I think Barrett and Tifa use to make. Has that been fix yet or no?

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: 2012-06-16 00:04:45 »
I've made progress on Bootleg 0039.
I'm still waiting from the new Red XIII model, Apz Cloud model and FF7Music.
If they're not out before the end of the month, I may release without them.

Added Reasonable Difficulty Mod by Hay: ff7rm1.1.exe
    Added Romeo14's AC Style Materia: MateriaAdd-on.rar
    Added Cloud Field Model Option - No Change
    Added Cloud Battle Model Option - No Change
    Added Barret Model Option - No Change
    Added Base Models Option - No Change
    Added Custom Model Installation
    Added PostProcessing Shader: Bloom Dark
    Added Kranmer's Master Control DLL for Changing Frame Rate and More: FF7 FPS control DLL.zip
    Added Kranmer's Trainer: FF7 Trainer 0.7.1 By Kranmer V2.zip
    Updated Glitched Field Textures: UUTA1, MKTPB, MKT_W, MDS6_22, FSHIP_5, HYOU2, CRATER_2
    Updated Bootloader GUI
    Updated ULGP (Now works with folders containing spaces): ulgp_v0.5_aio.7z
    Updated Language Translation with New Text and Italian Translation Provided by Ugerstl
    Revised Bootleg.log
    Revised Mike's Models Installation
    Restored Silent Install of FF7Music for Compatible Versions
    +Fixed Broken Hardcore Mode
    +Fixed Missing OSTRe Soundtrack with ff7music_install_15113.exe
    +Fixed Missing Avalanche High Res.exe
    +Fixed Missing Image when Name Contains Spaces
    +Fixed Asmodean Barret Bad Animations
    +Fixed HQ Aerith Missing Textures
    +Fixed Missing Trish(aka Mike)s custom model pack.7z
    +Fixed Avatar Presets Installing Incorrect Avatars
    +Fixed Missing Weapons for Battle Models
    +Fixed Flickering Faces and Glitched Field Models: Squallff8 - GRGA (Cosmo Man), EWJE (Condor Female), EWBD (Condor Male), GWIF (Rocket Town Man), ACGD (Barret), BIDB (Tifa 15), BUAC (Tifa 7), CAHC (Aeris Flower), CQGA (Aeris 5), DIFF (Aeris 10), ENAB (Cloud 13), EQIB (Tifa Sword), EOEA (Sephiroth Book), BGJC (Sepiroth Sword 2), BBAB (Sephiroth Sword); PRP - ABDA (Cid); Megaten - AZBB (Aeris Dress); Grimmy - DUFA (Bouncer Right)
    +Fixed Lookup Table Error with Hardcore
    +Fixed Incorrect World Map Hair Styles
    +Fixed Excess Texture Errors for Tifa with Slayersnext Hair
    +Fixed Missing HDR Bloom Settings
    +Fixed OmniCloud Compatibility with Slayernext Hair Styles and Other Cloud Field Models
    +Fixed Potential Error Installing FacePalmer is 20 Parts When Running Bootleg More than Once During the Same Windows Session
    +Fixed ReTranslation Breaks Lost Wing by Disabling ReTranslation
    +Fixed Potential FF7_OpenGL.cfg Errors with Blank Input when Using BootLoader
    Integrated Mods: ff7rm1.1.exe, ulgp_v0.5_aio.7z, FF7 FPS control DLL.zip, FF7 Trainer 0.7.1 By Kranmer V2.zip, MateriaAdd-on.rar

jovonteslater92

« Reply #1315 on: 2012-06-16 08:19:30 »
Seems that everything installed fine for me besides bootleg said that some remix files were missing and i reinstalled remix and tried it again and it still said that, but everything works fine until i go into battle mode and then my screen goes black with the music still playing and freezes, need a bit of help please and thank you :D

Niverive

• View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: 2012-06-16 09:05:55 »
I'm not sure if this is an issue but, I installed many mods, I did a "FULL" install but changed a few models and music settings, also changed difficulty mod to Gjoerulv Hardcore 1.0.5 and whenever someone has a status effect they seem to have almost no accuracy. I was in the Mythril Mines grinding out limit breaks and Yuffie and Tifa were poisoned, with one of those Crawlers left the entire party missed like 10 times in row. It almost feels like physical attacks are almost not worth it half the time, I have to spam alot of magic lol.

Also not really a huge issue for me I was able to get past it, but sometimes while I was in the upper floors of the Shinra Building sometimes I would fight 2 Sword Dances, one on each side, but one of them would have the bottom part of a Hammer Blaster (I think its called). But the worse issue is when I got in a fight with 2 Sword Dances, and one Hammer Blaster which was glitched on the side, it could attack at the same time as the Sword Dances, and also if I killed it first it would freeze the game.

I thought I'd post it here since I don't know which mod might be affecting the game in these ways.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-16 11:22:50 by Niverive »

jovonteslater92

« Reply #1317 on: 2012-06-16 10:58:03 »
nevermind i figured it out thanks

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: 2012-06-16 12:58:26 »
Niverive,
These issues are most likely related to the Hardcore mod.  This mod adds new enemy models and significantly increases the difficulty.
I check into the glitched models.

jovonteslater92,
Don't install The Remix.  Simply leave The Remix installation files in the MODS folder.  Bootleg will install all the mods.
The FF7 game folder should contain a fresh, maximum install of FF7 without any modifications.

Niverive

• View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: 2012-06-16 15:00:21 »
I know and I love the difficulty, however it just seems something is amiss when randomly people's accuracy drops to near 0%, even some limit breaks miss during these accuracy drops, I just want to make sure its normal and not a bug :P

I also want to thank you PitBrat for all the time and effort you put into the Bootleg, because it makes modding so much easier than doing it manually.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-16 15:12:23 by Niverive »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: 2012-06-16 19:14:20 »
14 days to go for 0039 man this is gonna feel like months for me  :-X

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: 2012-06-17 00:24:43 »
I waiting because I really want to include a new model in this release.
I'd be happy with either the new Apz Cloud or Red XIII.

Grimmy has 3 models out: Cloud, Tifa and Yuffie.
I can't assimilate them into the Bootleg download, but maybe he'd allow me to make an install option if enough people ask politely.

dudedadude

« Reply #1322 on: 2012-06-17 12:58:19 »
I'm experiencing some troubles with the textures. There haven't been any changes in the background in any of the areas I've been to so far( I'm at nibelheim) and also the countdown doesn't show properly, i only see the top half of the numbers. I'm really new to modding and just wanted to play a good version of FF7. Before finding this(thank god i did! :lol:) I've tried using only the remix and the openGL but couldn't get that to work. I also installed the directx 5 driver out of accident in a previous install. Now I've reinstalled the game with bootleg and its running great except for the issues mentioned before. I tried to fix it by running the bootleg installer again without antivirus this time because i noticed that avalanche had been stopped due to the trojans. I figured that they were false. But it still hasn't been any changes. I'm running this on windows 7 64bit. Help would be very appreciated!  Other than that i really have to thank pitbrat and all the modders for this amazing piece of work  :)

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: 2012-06-17 19:10:04 »
yeah i know no harm in waiting so it's alright and well if you don't have permission for Grimmy's models can't you just make a note or link to that moddb page to download it ourselves but not in the Bootleg download just a note beside it linking to the page

Anguy

• View Profile
Bootleg no music playing
« Reply #1324 on: 2012-06-17 22:58:55 »
Hello!

I just installed bootleg and a couple of mods and all works well BUT I can't hear any music playing.
What I tried so far is:
Opening ff7config and testing midi and sounddevices, both work
manually extract OSTre.7zip contents into a folder named "OSTRe"
tried to change the profile in the ff7music.exe under "file" from "Bootleg" do "OSTRe" or "PSF" or "Mp3" but nothing worked

I'm also slightly confused by the 2 music folders that I have. One is called "FF7Music" and there are the subfolders "Custom_Music" and "mp3" to be found there (And OSTRe" as well because I copied it there) and a FF7MUsic.ini
And the other one is the "ficedula" folder where there is the  ff7music.exe and also a folder named "OSTRe" which I copied there plus "mp3" and "psf"

Any suggestions for how to approach this? I don't really have any other ideas left...

Thanks in advance