Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 500812 times)

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97a)
« Reply #775 on: 2014-09-28 23:45:53 »
It seems I'm not allowed to update the first post. Well, here you have a new version to fix the limits break mess:
Binary : Kimera_097b_bin.7z
Source (for Visual Basic 6): Kimera_097b_src.7z
Now you can specify directly an animations pack (by using the "Load anims pack" button).

Also, in case you're having trouble finding the right ogl.tlb, here you have it:
VB6 OpenGL.7z
Let me be the first to say thank you.  I'll knock out the limit breaks to 60fps just as soon as I have some free time.

I went ahead and updated the first post for you, but I'm not sure why you aren't able to. I'll have to take a look at the board permissions.

Borde

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)
« Reply #776 on: 2014-09-29 06:55:31 »
It seems I can edit some times. Maybe there is a problem in the server? Thanks for your time.

By the way, please remember that you can interpolate all the animations in the game with the "Interpolate all anims" button. There is no need to do it one by one. You probably already knew, but just in case. I'm conscious it wasn't working completly right the last time, but now it should be alright.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-29 07:05:27 by Borde »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: 2014-09-29 17:44:21 »
It took a little trial and error, but I managed to get it working.  :)    Huge time saver.   Took a few weeks to fix all the minor animation problems, but all that's finally done!  All that's left are the limits and .s files (and maybe **AB file decoding)

Did you manage to fix the root translation error and the others listed on that spreadsheet?

One of the big ones is that RSAA will crash the game.  Which makes me think kimera isn't loading frogs correctly, because the enemies like big toxic frog are a jumbled mess.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 2014-09-29 18:00:23 »
There is also a problem with the high minigame, the party in the car/buggy isn't displayed correctly and are entirely messed up. Though this has only a very low priority, but I thought I should mentioned it.

That's great! Finally I can fix the weapon position for barret's limit breaks.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-29 18:35:05 by Kaldarasha »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #779 on: 2014-09-29 19:46:51 »
Did you manage to fix the root translation error and the others listed on that spreadsheet?

One of the big ones is that RSAA will crash the game.  Which makes me think kimera isn't loading frogs correctly, because the enemies like big toxic frog are a jumbled mess.

Ahhhh... RSAA, our old friend. There is a hack in Kimera specifically written to open that file. I guess it will need further research.

Yes, they all seem to work fine now.

There is also a problem with the high minigame, the party in the car/buggy isn't displayed correctly and are entirely messed up. Though this has only a very low priority, but I thought I should mentioned it.

Well, it's animations seem to work fine. Unfortunately Kimera chooses by default an animation that doesn't belong to this model (though it "compatible", in the sens that it has the same number of bones). The valid animations for the car seem to be: tgaa.a, sgaa.a, rgaa.a and qgaa.a.

EDIT:
OK, fixed the incompatibility with RSAA. You can grab the new version. RSDA includes an animation with a missing field. This is the only animation in the whole game that breaks the format and it seems FF7 can't even play the original one. It NEEDS the animation to be malformed though (my guess is there is a specific hack for this animation).
« Last Edit: 2014-09-30 22:37:24 by Borde »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #780 on: 2014-10-01 02:25:06 »
You're the best, Borde. 

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 2014-10-05 23:27:11 »
Hey guys thanks for coming out with a new release however I have been waiting for hours and it still wont download.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #782 on: 2014-10-06 19:23:31 »
You mean the new version of Kimera genesis063? The link seems to work fine on my end.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: 2014-10-08 01:27:25 »
Is it possible add a function to set separately the power of the four lights? It would be also cool thing, if I could add some kind of a shine/gloss/reflection status to a color and be able to bake the reflection on the model in the end. So I could create a precalculated but static metallic effect. You also mentioned ambient occlusion for vertex colors in the past, is it possible to implement it?
I have seen something similar in Blender, but I can't perfectly convert a piece of a model with Bitrun without to destroy the vertex colors. So the other option for me would be a a 3ds file exporter for Kimera.
By the way the UV texture orientation is flipped along the y-axis when I directly import a 3ds file into Kimera. There is also a problem when a model has many textures applied, Kimera starts to acting slow and then it usually crashes.
The last thing I would like to have is a manual merge for pieces, so I could add a new piece as a group in the p-editor. Because the automatic merge goes sometimes crazy and destroys the mesh.

Edit:
Highly needed is a way to copy a frame from one animation to another. There are many animations which end in the idle animation or are connected with each other in one way or another. It would be a big help for new animations.
It would be also helpful to force Kimera to load an unfitting animation, so I could add bones to Sephiroth to animate his coat without recreating all his animations.
Maybe it is a good idea to let Kimera add bones and then let it convert all matching animation with the new bone set up? :-\

I guess that's all of my current wish list for Christmas.   :P
« Last Edit: 2014-10-08 12:04:23 by Kaldarasha »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 2014-10-08 21:59:36 »
Unfortunately, I can't make any promise about the future of this program Kaldarasha. There are lot's of things I'd like to do, but I'm not sure I'll be able to.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: 2014-10-09 00:12:13 »
No problem. I only mentioned many things to show you what is needed at the moment, so may be some of them are easy to implement for you.

Leet

• Active member at other FF7 modding site - PM me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: 2014-10-09 11:35:24 »
Nice job borde......ill start using this version. In the last three months ive spent a huge amount of hours in kimera importing so a new version is always nice. Thanks for your continued commitment to this program.  :)

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: 2014-10-09 20:53:36 »
I can rotate zoom and move but as soon as I touch a piece to change this happens and kimera closes. My computer isn't the strongest but it runs Photoshop cs6 and blender like a champ. Any ideas?? THIS HAPPENS WITH ALL MODELS
« Last Edit: 2014-10-09 20:57:36 by WolfMan »

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: 2014-10-24 23:48:18 »
It's weird my old computer that has the better operating system won't start downloading things anymore.  I'll have to try on my laptop because for some reason it works sometimes I'll keep you guys posted.

quantumpencil

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 2014-12-18 06:31:24 »
Does anyone happen to have a working copy of this? I've recently gotten to the point in my mod where I feel I'm ready to start working on models for some new enemies I've created, but I can't finding a working download for this.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Best,

QP

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 2015-04-04 06:40:34 »
Not sure if it still saved my progress in the DA file as it did not copy over to the file I was editing.  I hope it did otherwise that is 20 frames of work out the window.

Note: Windows 8.1 does not fully support this tool.  I tested having all the files in the folder and did an edit.  None of the animations saved at all.  If anyone knows a way around please let us know.  Otherwise only use on windows 7 on another computer or virtualbox.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-04 06:50:44 by genesis063 »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: 2015-04-04 13:16:02 »
There's an option in the upper right that reads "save anims. pack"  If you want to save to a **da file or .a file, you need to click that.  Clicking save model will only save the bone structure and mesh alignment

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 2015-04-05 15:21:58 »
I found it after opening it again which I was sure it wasn't there before.  Well it is now and can work with it now.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 2015-04-13 12:35:52 »
Hi I have a few questions on animations. Fortunately this great tool can read and play them but there is some confusion to me about animation IDs.

There seem to be 3 values: The amount of animations found in the *da file, the amount of animations showing up in kimera(notably less) and the animation ID(mostly higher than number of animations)

I just dont get how those fit together. First of all why are there so many animations in the da file. Secondly, why does the ID of the animation with the highest ID appear in the aa file. For example Sephiroth's highest ID is animation 30. This order seems to rely on some table telling which animation like throw or attack resembles  which ID. So Sephiroth lacks a lot of them as he has no near death for instance, his animation IDs go 0,2(1 missing)

Now it would make sense if the aa file carried the amount of animations like on psx. But  that would be notably less than the highest animation ID because there are many animations missing. So why are those numbers identical? If I'd want to duplicate one of sephs animations to go in spot 1 so near death plays this Id have no idea where to put in the da file.

First of all the ID/amount confusion and also the fact that there are so much more animations in the da than kimera shows up. I dont get it.

P.S.

Maybe I should add what I am trying to do. I overwrite sephiroth's *ba file with Cloud's file so he gets all his anmiation scripts and will actually play animations on being hit, near-death, throw item and so on. Of course those scripts will reference animations that do not exist in sephiroth's *da file so ingame they will look messy. So what I want to do is actually enter those animations in the *da file so that the script from Cloud's *ba file will actually play the animation that I want in that certain spot.

As an example, Sephiroth has no animation for taking damage. With his own ba file he will just do nothing when hit, with Cloud's he will shortly disappear so that script works and tries to play a certain animation from the da file which is however not there. How hard can it be to just copy Seph's parry animation and paste it in the da file where the script expects his animation for taking damage. To do this however I have to understand how I can locate certain animations in the da file and for that I must know why it has so many animations how the IDs relate to that and so on....
« Last Edit: 2015-04-13 13:09:32 by meesbaker »

Leet

• Active member at other FF7 modding site - PM me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: 2015-04-13 13:44:38 »
I believe the information you are looking for and needing to change is in the models **ab file. So cloud is rtab.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #795 on: 2015-04-13 15:07:36 »
EDIT:

You are right after all, leet. Messing the *ba isn't all that hard and completely fine. Thanks to akari's notes that I just found I know exactly what to do and I am halfway done. Thanks!

http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/FF7/Battle/Battle_Animation/Animation_Script
« Last Edit: 2015-04-13 16:43:04 by meesbaker »

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: 2015-04-13 22:20:43 »
You could also use the final battle Sephiroth as he does have hit animations.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: 2015-04-14 01:19:51 »
Good advice but Im fine with the parry animation I find it looking really good actually. Now I have a fully animated Seph battle model, only Cloud's limits looking a bit weird cuz his skeleton does not fit. Another funny bug, obviously some animations also come with sound effects? Im using the last part of Sephs “cast magic“ animation for manip/sense n so on and it always does the magic  sound which is ok for most commands but kinda weird when tossing items. Still Im over all quite happy, being able to look at the animations by ID in kimera made hex editing the ba file super easy basically just changing any byte below 8e that does not appear in sephs animation list in kimera by an animation that kinda fits better.

I was also able to load Cloud's limits from magic.lgp on sephs model in kimera by hex editing the bone count in the beginning of the .a00 file to 30. Unfortunately Seph is mostly invisible (or extremely far away) on most frames so it is kinda impossible to rearrange the model in each frame to look good with Cloud's limits. If it was possible Id definately do the hand work. It cant be that we still dont have a proper omnislash with sephs original skeleton ;)
« Last Edit: 2015-04-14 01:22:00 by meesbaker »

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: 2015-04-14 01:29:31 »
So wait hex editing makes it a bit more compatible with other animations to be able to load them?  Also would you possible considering doing that little hex edit thing with the Sephiroth models I am using?  I would do it myself but hex editing in way beyond me without a advanced interface like with pictures and such.  Also do you know how to use Dan's hex tools because I can't get the extractor to work?

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: 2015-04-14 01:38:52 »
I use uglp by luksy. It even has gui for super lazy dudes as me.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12831.0

Sure I can fix your ba file just send me a link with pm. Apart from lgp packing you need no extractors, all animation files are uncompressed.

For compatibility you maybe misunderstood me. To make clouds limits work on seph you just need to use his animation scripts. It will look very funny though, I tried to fix that by loading the animations in kimera on seph so I can rearrange em but that makes kimera crash unless you hex edit the animation file you load first so that it contains the correct bone count.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-14 01:40:49 by meesbaker »