Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 500811 times)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)
« Reply #800 on: 2015-04-14 01:48:44 »
That was actually what I meant.  I was going to do this myself to but I got the same issue.  So if you could tell me where and how to edit that count as well please let me know.  I think we should take this to pm now.  I unfortunately have no time to get them all together at present as I need to get the configuration iro ready for all my Sephiroth mods.  Actually when I find time I'll send he Safer Sephiroth limit mod battle files over.  What I'll mostly need is his item animation and what you can tweak for his near death and death animations.  Limits are changed to use his magic cast animation and the final transform him to Safer so don't worry about limits.  I may send it over before bed or before work tomorrow.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #801 on: 2015-04-15 01:28:21 »
Well guys I have another question ^^

Does anyone know how to reposition a model without braking its animations? Cloud's skeleton is made for very short legs only, stripping larger body parts over his skeleton requires increasing the leg bone lengthes and that unfortunately drills the legs into the ground. I tried increasing the z coordinates of all body parts but it kills the animations.

Someone have a good idea?? Basically I just want my model to be drawn on screen a bit higher.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #802 on: 2015-04-15 02:02:10 »
Make the root bone (Bone 0) longer?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #803 on: 2015-04-15 02:12:36 »
There is a compute ground height button that works well for most animations.

However, it messes up other animations.  The most foolproof way is to check the propagate f. box and manually adjust the height (z axis?) of the root bone.  You just need to make sure you start on frame 0 for it to apply to subsequent frames

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #804 on: 2015-04-15 02:42:08 »
@Halkun This will tear the model in half. I will then have to get the legs back to the body by increasing the z coordinates again which messes up any animation except idle.

@Obesebear Ah, thx I found that button but I had no idea it actually did something. So I must compute ground height, then save the model and then mess around with it until animations look nice. Sounds good I'll try that.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #805 on: 2015-04-15 03:18:08 »
I remember reading or being told that that button is mostly for like field models as it has little to do with battle models position to the ground as it is usually coordinate based.  I believe it was said to mostly be used with like jumping and flying animations.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #806 on: 2015-04-15 03:39:02 »
Compute ground height will wreck any type of animation that puts the model in the air. So it works for battle models, you just have to be careful

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #807 on: 2015-04-15 03:58:33 »
Not what I remember being told I think it was Kuugen that said something about it that is was mainly used for one specific thing.  Can't remember exactly what is for unless it got changed since then.  So can it be used for one animation at a time or will it go to all animation sections?

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #808 on: 2015-04-15 10:56:09 »
Sorry for the confusion my friends this time it was actually for field models, I didnt say it  :|

But Obesebear's advice was the trick, the model does not need to be altered at all. I just load the animations, compute ground height and save them again. My world map model is now already perfectly fixed and does not stick into the ground anymore, thx for that tip!

For the field it is gonna be a bit more tricky, an exception where the pc verison has a disadvantage over psx in modding capabilities. On psx all field models have their own custom set of animations and new animations added by certain fields are also never for more than one character. On pc however even the standard running animation is used by all models with the standard 22 bones/15 parts set so if I start changing those animations I will probably make those characters fly through the air :D

I see where this is getting to and I don't like it. First I must duplicate and rename every single animation Cloud ever uses in field, then I load all of them in Kimera and fix them with the compute ground button and then I must go through every field in Makou and assign those new animations to Cloud oh well.... :-(

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #809 on: 2015-04-15 13:36:00 »
Weird I never had that problem with the world map model.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: 2015-04-15 15:27:57 »
I haven't read all post, but NEVER USE COMPUTE TO GROUND HIGH!
It's a broken function.

Click on frame options, make a check by propagate f., then change the frame data part to root translation and edit the y-value.
You my also want to use show ground. You need to do this for every animation of Cloud

As a warning, Clouds animations are used for other NPCs well, so they will fly if they haven't longer legs as well. There are also some animations which are tricky like Clouds jumpin-in-to-the-train-somersault.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #811 on: 2015-04-15 16:27:32 »
So even for battle models never use them?

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: 2015-04-15 18:06:04 »
In the end I was able to make a new model that does not have the problem in the field. However, on the worldmap the problem was still present. Fortunately Cloud has custom animations on the map so I could easily fix them with the advice provided in the previous couple of posts. Thanks guys!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: 2015-04-15 21:23:33 »
Compute ground height works just fine on ALL animations which do not adjust the height of the root bone.  When you click it, it goes through each frame of an animation and "computes" the level that would put the feet on the ground.  What this means is that if an animation requires jumping (or any elevation of the root bone) it will lower every single frame so that the feet are on the ground, thereby ruining that animation.

In order to adjust the ground height on the levitating animations, you need to adjust the height of the root bone manually from the first frame, with propagate f. checked.  This can actually be done on any animation, it's just easier to click compute ground height on the animations that don't leave the ground.

SOURCE: I've been importing and adjusting models for 6 years.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: 2015-04-16 06:29:22 »
Compute ground height works just fine on ALL animations which do not adjust the height of the root bone.  When you click it, it goes through each frame of an animation and "computes" the level that would put the feet on the ground.  What this means is that if an animation requires jumping (or any elevation of the root bone) it will lower every single frame so that the feet are on the ground, thereby ruining that animation.

In order to adjust the ground height on the levitating animations, you need to adjust the height of the root bone manually from the first frame, with propagate f. checked.  This can actually be done on any animation, it's just easier to click compute ground height on the animations that don't leave the ground.

SOURCE: I've been importing and adjusting models for 6 years.

So it's only for field animations? Because it freaks out for battle animations.

In the end I was able to make a new model that does not have the problem in the field.

It is there, too. You can see it on scenes with a low frontal camera as you have in some places of the Wallmarket.

I had done that correction already by myself but there are simply to many animations which are not ordinary standing animations (sitting, falling on the knees, etc) and some are very field specific as one Shinra soldier animation is.

Atm. I'm waiting with what quantumpencil will come up he has plans to work on Kimera's source code but I bet he will need some time. What I currently need is an animation interpreter which for example is able to take over an animation for 24 bones to a skeleton with 43 bones. It seems like that an a-files has a numeric-like order and doesn't care if it is called chest-head bone. If the bone is one the third position than the animation for the third bone will be executed on it no matter what it is. It would be enough if I could tell Kimera that the head bone is on position 4 so that all animation of position 3 will work on 4. If I could then save my changes in a list and kimera would use this to patch all a-files of the current model for the new skeleton it would be perfect. At last it would be the first step to a uniform skeleton.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: 2015-04-16 15:02:00 »
Mees said he edited the number with hex editing and it loaded the animations and he just had to edit the animations if I remember correctly.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: 2015-04-16 16:23:44 »
Correct. I did not do this yet so Cloud's limits still look messy on seph but they can be loaded on any model by editing the bone count in the header of the animation file to match the count of the target model.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-16 16:26:24 by meesbaker »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: 2015-04-16 20:39:50 »
So it's only for field animations? Because it freaks out for battle animations.

Honestly, 90% of the stuff I've done has been battle models.  And other than the occasional jumping animation I never had a problem with it.  It has been a while since I used it though, so it's possible that I'm remembering wrong, or that the function is broken in newer versions.   

Personally, I always manually adjust mine with propagate f. checked.  I feel like I can get the height exactly how I want it that way.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: 2015-04-16 20:52:29 »
That's how I do it as well.  Actually I think it maybe improved i'll see about testing it later.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: 2015-04-17 05:56:57 »
Honestly, 90% of the stuff I've done has been battle models.  And other than the occasional jumping animation I never had a problem with it.  It has been a while since I used it though, so it's possible that I'm remembering wrong, or that the function is broken in newer versions.   

Personally, I always manually adjust mine with propagate f. checked.  I feel like I can get the height exactly how I want it that way.

At the moment there is a bug with the idle battle animation I made for Cloud which let him fly. It has happened when I accidental clicked on compute ground high. My guess is that the animation for the weapons has a bad influence on it.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #820 on: 2015-06-16 13:50:19 »
Is there a color picker tool for the model editor?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: 2015-06-17 06:46:06 »
Is there a color picker tool for the model editor?

No, sadly not.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: 2015-06-23 13:01:13 »
Is it possible to easily add one?
Ive been using it to make qgears models and I have to keep a text file with each model explaining what colors go where

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 2015-06-23 17:13:46 »
I don't know if it is easy to add. I demanded a while back the use of custom color pallets rather than the current pallet system which has some pre-lighting information and because of that isn't much of use this way. Borde said that the pallet and color system was only a hasty build in so it isn't comfortable at all but he's to busy to change a thing on it. The src code is available if you know how to ad such a thing.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #824 on: 2015-09-29 04:03:28 »
Anyone able to get this running in Windows 10? I'm getting this error and can't find any fixes on Google that work for Windows 10:

EDIT: I figured it out. Copy msstdfmt.dll to C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64, run command prompt as admin, open the directory the .dll is in, type regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll and hit Enter.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-29 04:25:46 by EQ2Alyza »