Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 500810 times)

Leet

• Active member at other FF7 modding site - PM me.
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)
« Reply #825 on: 2015-09-29 10:49:31 »
I take it you did a fresh windows 10 install EQ2? I upgraded from an older version and it left all my dll files in place.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #826 on: 2015-09-29 17:24:22 »
I actually upgraded from Windows 8.1, but this was on a new laptop I just bought that didn't have any of my mod stuff moved to it until after the upgrade. My old laptop was Windows 7 and launched with no hiccups.

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: 2015-09-29 21:40:53 »
So, I think I might have discovered a hideous bug here... Although it's a big maybe. Regarding the "Compile Multi-P bones into a single file" feature. Long story short, I need this because I'm working on a battle model and it doesn't accept multiple parts on the same bone.

So, I've got a two-part model and the two parts need to use different textures. Problem is, when Kimera compiles them into a single file (it leaves the parts as different groups so it can use multiple texture slots, which is exactly what I need), the UV map of the second part seems to get all messed up. I can't even use Biturn to convert the new file into 3DS and check if there's a pattern to the UV mess-up, because Biturn doesn't recognize the file anymore.

Has this happened to anyone else? Are there any nice workarounds? I currently have a mesh that looked like a head a minute ago, but now looks like a pile of vomit no matter which way around I try and flip the texture.  >:(

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: 2015-10-01 13:55:02 »
Workaround:
Compile the files with Bitrun to 3ds models. Load the 3ds files in pCreator, use 'Add Group' after you have opened the first to have them merged in one peace. Select a group and add a texture to them. Do this for other groups as well. Don't forget to swap the y coordinates off the UV map (you can find the tool for it under 'view'). Save this as new p-file you want.

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: 2015-10-01 15:27:52 »
Workaround:
Compile the files with Bitrun to 3ds models. Load the 3ds files in pCreator, use 'Add Group' after you have opened the first to have them merged in one peace. Select a group and add a texture to them. Do this for other groups as well. Don't forget to swap the y coordinates off the UV map (you can find the tool for it under 'view'). Save this as new p-file you want.

Sweeeet, that worked wonders! :D

SpartanXIII90

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: 2015-10-24 22:57:41 »
I downloaded Kimera but when I try to load a model, I got Error 32765. I've been readins on the forums for hours trying different things to fix this, including placing dll files into System32 and all but I just can't get it to work. Has anyone else run into the same problem? Thanks.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 2016-10-18 13:57:29 »
So here we are again. As I said it would be a huge help if someone can port this from VB6 to C#. Here is an official tool for a conversation: https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/vstudio/ff793478
I knew that this isn't the proper way and a rewrite from scratch would be better, but maybe it can help users to bring this tool to work on modern system without the need to install the old VB6 library on their PC. Not to mention all the research were to find and how to install them.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 2016-10-19 07:43:00 »
For anybody who wants to install Kimera copy and paste these files (comes with Kimera) to sysWOW64 (on a 64bit OS).*
  - COMDLG32.OCX
  - mscomct2.ocx
  - MSSTDFMT.DLL

Open a CMD with admin privileges.
1. Changing the folder from System32 to SysWOW64
Spoiler: show
You will see that:
Code: [Select]
C:\Windows\System32>

Write at first "cd.." and hit enter
and you gain this:
C:\Windows>
Now write "cd syswow64" and hit enter
to move to the folder with the files
C:\Windows\SysWOW64>

2.Next we register the files. Write "regsvr32 COMDLG32.OCX" and hit enter.
Example:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64>regsvr32 COMDLG32.OCXContinue with
"regsvr32 mscomct2.ocx"
and
"regsvr32 MSSTDFMT.DLL"
If done correctly you will get every time a success report.

*Note: On a 32bit OS put the files into system32 and leave the command prompt as it is and start with the file registration.

And of course write everything without quotes.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-21 13:32:48 by Kaldarasha »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: 2017-03-21 13:42:14 »
I found a bug, while I doubt that it will ever be fixed here it is:
When loading a battle field model with Kimera, it reads only the files until it meets 'z' at the end of the files name. Every file after it won't be loaded. Example:
It reads every file of oraa til it reaches oraz. So orba, orbb and orbc won't be loaded and therefor are not displayed.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #834 on: 2017-03-24 00:10:28 »
Is there a fix anywhere for the "End of memory" error?  I get it so so often while using higher res models.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: 2017-04-05 07:16:15 »
Is there a fix anywhere for the "End of memory" error?  I get it so so often while using higher res models.

If you haven't done this yet then set in kimera.cfg “UNDO_BUFFER_CAPACITY =” to 1. This reduces the possible undo operations to 1 (or 2) but makes the program much more stable.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: 2018-04-05 02:06:13 »
Sorry for the necro but I can't seem to be able to use Kimera anymore.  I followed all the registration steps and it won't load.  Also says the all caps one is incompatible even though I got it to work before.

Edit: found my issue I needed to run the command prompt in admin rather the run feature.  Most of the sites told me to use run.  So command prompt admin and then make sure the program itself is run as admin.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-08 05:06:17 by genesis063 »

Kitsune

• View Profile
Re: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)
« Reply #837 on: 2020-02-29 21:10:15 »
Hi, I try to put new textures on original models from Final Fantasy VII but Kimera don't let me it do it nicely as it seem. I can only replace for now the previous textures...Wich way to use for create new ones textures like hair, shoes, beard...

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: 2020-09-19 21:10:00 »
FYI
The "Unknown option " of the editor is for fix this O_o

Skyryan

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: 2021-10-08 23:51:38 »
I have a problem: I tried to open Kimera, but a notification told me "Component 'mscomct2.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." How would I fix this problem?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #840 on: 2021-11-29 21:20:48 »