Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1000611 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.9.83)
« Reply #1100 on: 2015-03-16 13:07:16 »
But second is, have u seen the page? I dont get ANYTHING from those sides, I mean is there no clue where to look for that? Just a hint to know which of those... around 100 keys & seeds are fitting? I mean have u seen the side? I don't have a clue to start that's my point...
yes i have seen the site. pick a seed from the seed page and a key from the key page. like i said i don't know what combo they are using so it could be any. i know there are alot of keys and seeds.

EDIT2 : Also, what is this signature u mentioned for? What purpose does this serve?
the signature is placed in the psv file header and tells the ps3 the file has not been modified. if the signature is incorrect you will get an error saying that the data is corrupted.

Korence

• View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: 2015-03-17 17:02:11 »
Still U DUNNO where to start... thats why I ask for help, like I mentioned, I've never done that before, so I dunno anything and need someone to help me, otherwise, it's a not-so-great help I'm getting :/

And how do I get a signature?

Do you know any german guy who does know something about this topic?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: 2015-03-17 17:32:03 »
The signature is generated from the keys.

The problem is, none of us knows the correct key/seed pair for Black Chocobo, and there's too many combinations to simply try them all in any reasonable amount of time.

edit: With some Googling, I found this:

It seems to be known, but nobody's taken the time to write a tool to deal with it:

http://wiki.ps3dev.net/wiki/Game_Saves#PS1_Single_Save_.3F_.28.PSV.29

I asked around a while back and was told this info can decrypt the key seed:

key: AB5ABC9FC1F49DE6A051DBAEFA518859
iv: B30FFEEDB7DC5EB7133DA60D1B6B2CDC
algorithm aes-128-cbc

And iirc the SHA-1 digest was a SHA-1 of the entire memory card image the save comes from.

I've been busy helping with PPSSPP, so I haven't had time to mess with any MCR to PSV sutff.

I can't test this myself right now, though, so this might be entirely the wrong thing. It says "decrypt", and neither of these numbers is on either page, so it might be completely off base. But hey, it's worth a try, right?
« Last Edit: 2015-03-17 18:05:53 by Covarr »

Korence

• View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: 2015-03-24 21:36:40 »
Sorry to have replay that late, was kidna busy with another "project" of work of mine, besides my PC nears the end of it's lifetime of hardware (mostly) so I have start up problems and so on, which kinda of distracts myself of using itself too much (kind of like an old person, it just have it's more strong illness that come with it's age)
BUT
I will try it out now, hoping it works, also THANKS for now Covarr :)

(Otherwise, I just wanted from somebody to tell me at which line in this whole package/warehouse I need to start, not just sayin "well duh, start at the first line u see" since, as I  have told twice, I have NO CLUE of this stuff, and need somebdoy to guide me, to tell me, where to start, instead of saying "start anywhere, just trial & error till u rek ur brain or something" :/ )

I'll be back, telling if it works on my german PS3 (or any other EU Ps3, still have just one, so wish me good luck, if it will work)

EDIT : Just asking, what do I have to do with this algorithm thing? I don't see where to put it in the black chocobo save editor o_o

EDIT2 : When overriding the original data : "Data is corrupt" it says :/
So, any other clues? Do you know if there is any hint like some produtc code that resonates with a key or seed in any way :cry: ? Or did u know someone who des have any experience with key & seed using in any way?
« Last Edit: 2015-03-24 21:53:50 by Korence »

Korence

• View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: 2015-03-29 20:09:31 »
I got another idea.

I just want, as I let ya knew, some items, like the whip for Cid, the superball for Yuffie & the parasol for Aerith/Aeris, and the Affection value being changed. I can upload my savestate in sheer hope, you can look into the savestate and change those things, so that in the affection value, Yuffie has like 150 points, Aerith got like 130, Tifa 125 & Barret with 120, so that I can get Yuffie at the Gold Saucer date AND ultimatly the secret dialogues that are cut from the "normal" game cuz nobody of the girls can get higher then 120 affection points in the game normally!

Is this possible to go thrugh this hexadecimal stuff and change what I want to get changed ? Or is this non-possible? Maybe you also find a hint/key in the savetstate since it came form a real ps3 :)

if it is possible, then tell me please. I'll upload the data right ahead then!

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1105 on: 2015-03-29 23:43:13 »
I got another idea.

I just want, as I let ya knew, some items, like the whip for Cid, the superball for Yuffie & the parasol for Aerith/Aeris, and the Affection value being changed. I can upload my savestate in sheer hope, you can look into the savestate and change those things, so that in the affection value, Yuffie has like 150 points, Aerith got like 130, Tifa 125 & Barret with 120, so that I can get Yuffie at the Gold Saucer date AND ultimatly the secret dialogues that are cut from the "normal" game cuz nobody of the girls can get higher then 120 affection points in the game normally!

If you are asking if you are asking how to change the Affection "Love" points you can do so in the "Others" Tab with in the "Love Points" box . you can enter a value of 0 - 255 .

Korence

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: 2015-03-31 21:59:30 »
oh man Sithlord... u really have probs understanding or reading messages do ya? I asked, if somebody can CHANGE it IN the savedata WHEN finding out the way to get a hint for the key or seed inside the savestate I got from FF7! I'm not dumb to understand how your black chocobo stuff works! Can you please be a more useful help to my problem? I just want some answers to my question not... something Cpt. obvious would tell me... PLEASE  :-\

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: 2015-04-01 19:22:19 »
oh man Sithlord... u really have probs understanding or reading messages do ya? I asked, if somebody can CHANGE it IN the savedata WHEN finding out the way to get a hint for the key or seed inside the savestate I got from FF7! I'm not dumb to understand how your black chocobo stuff works! Can you please be a more useful help to my problem? I just want some answers to my question not... something Cpt. obvious would tell me... PLEASE  :-\

No; the only way to figure it out is trial an error.  Also, you're acting out of line.  Your last post had -NOTHING- to do with the key/seed.  Why are you yelling at him about telling you how to change the affection points when they're what you asked about in the first place?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: 2015-04-01 20:02:02 »

You do realize that you didn't have to use or pay for Black Chocobo and that Sithlord is under no obligation to guide you by the hand? I suggest using a hex editor next time, you ungrateful sod.

That said, I can't even decipher your question.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-01 22:41:17 by DLPB »

Korence

• View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: 2015-04-02 00:20:39 »
What does "making a programm for free" (btw i would even have paid for the program, i dont mind to pay for something I like) have to do with being competend in answering questions? That are two different types of boots :/ And I'm not ungreatful :< It's just... how can I use a program like Black Chocobo when I cant used my wannabe-modified savestate after it has been modified? I'd never b*tch about that stuff if it would work or when I at least have a GOOD hint about what to do. And no, sending me into a warehouse and telling me to look in every carton, every barrel and every box for two single matchmaked green pearls (or something smiliar) is not what I understand of "being a good help" (in context, it means "look around for some key and some seed out of like 1000, and maybe u find something that helps you, or probably u waste ur time". Like I said, I dont have ANY, like ZERO, idea where in this whole mess of seeds & keys I need to start, that's why I mentioned the idea of uploading my FF7 savefile, so somebody could check the file and maybe see a hint or something (it comes from the console so I believe there is a track inside that could be figure out the key or seed, even if it is a small hint). If it is necessary, I'd pay for that stuff, just to not repeat/start over my 40-50h of FF7 just because all AP-guides telling sh*t about the "Yuffie endless AP glitch" which have never worked, since I looked into the data and she had the minimal (glitched) maximum of AP, which is 43 counting in the Wutai sidequest.

EDIT : @Huell I haven't "yelled" at him, does this look like yelling? It was more like a "damn can't you be more focused on the actual problem that is going on"-talk then a... yell-stuff :|
« Last Edit: 2015-04-02 00:24:35 by Korence »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1110 on: 2015-04-02 14:43:34 »

how can I use a program like Black Chocobo when I cant used my wannabe-modified savestate after it has been modified?
you just happen to have the most difficult version to edit,  im sorry i didn't make sony have stupid requirements for editing psx game saves (this encryption is not even on the ps3 saves btw).

I'd never b*tch about that stuff if it would work or when I at least have a GOOD hint about what to do. And no, sending me into a warehouse and telling me to look in every carton, every barrel and every box for two single matchmaked green pearls (or something smiliar) is not what I understand of "being a good help"

yeah i know its not the best and most helpful answer but its the best help that i can give untill i have a chance to go thru all those keys/seeds myself and find a set that works. You see as it turns out only exported saves from ps1 (maybe ps2) games are signed in this method and the ps3 dev people don't care about that format or signing saves. so i'm basicly the only person in the world working on making that import work .

it comes from the console so I believe there is a track inside that could be figure out the key or seed, even if it is a small hint
firstly i do have a ps3. secondly there is nothing in the file that will help me with the key/seed pair . its really a problem for the ps3-dev people.

If it is necessary, I'd pay for that stuff, just to not repeat/start over my 40-50h of FF7 just because all AP-guides telling sh*t about the "Yuffie endless AP glitch" which have never worked, since I looked into the data and she had the minimal (glitched) maximum of AP, which is 43 counting in the Wutai sidequest.
Want me to edit your file? Donate to Black Chocobo . Upload your file and what changes you want. i will send you a psv with your changes.

Korence

• View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: 2015-04-02 20:59:17 »
Eh...what O_O I can pay or donate whatever so you CAN change.... wait... even if I'd buy u, it won't change a thing since I'd still need the key & seed to bring it back "home" (aka the ps3) right? If not : I'd gladly will now upload the data/savestate and about the donating stuff -> Do we settle this private about the m0ney stuff? It's just money for me, so I don't mind talking openly about it! (it would be different if I'd talk about my personal data from/for it)

EDIT : I'd look into options for attachments and... is it just me, or isn't it possible to dirctly upload the savestate and I need to extra upload this per something like a extra website?
EDIT2 : http://uploaded.net/file/pijhu9dt
Here's the save, about the donation, we'd talk once I know "how" or rather "where" u wanna talk, then.. well we talk, and then u get what I can offer and hopefully it can get back on the ps3 correctly without any probs that would accour afterwards like a bug or anything internal :)
« Last Edit: 2015-04-02 21:24:17 by Korence »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1112 on: 2015-04-03 19:18:25 »
Eh...what O_O I can pay or donate whatever so you CAN change.... wait... even if I'd buy u, it won't change a thing since I'd still need the key & seed to bring it back "home" (aka the ps3) right? If not : I'd gladly will now upload the data/savestate and about the donating stuff -> Do we settle this private about the m0ney stuff? It's just money for me, so I don't mind talking openly about it! (it would be different if I'd talk about my personal data from/for it)

EDIT : I'd look into options for attachments and... is it just me, or isn't it possible to dirctly upload the savestate and I need to extra upload this per something like a extra website?
EDIT2 : http://uploaded.net/file/pijhu9dt
Here's the save, about the donation, we'd talk once I know "how" or rather "where" u wanna talk, then.. well we talk, and then u get what I can offer and hopefully it can get back on the ps3 correctly without any probs that would accour afterwards like a bug or anything internal :)
i accept PMs. we can also chat on qhimm irc if needed.. if for some reason im not on send me a pm i should be on shortly after that.

since there are other workarounds that will trick the ps3 into signing for you . so you don't need to worry about importing my file. (i have the needed hardware to make that happen) . Just let me know what changes your want. i will have to export it from my ps3 and will send you a psv file to import. A donation of whatever amount is ok with me. 

the whole key/seed thing will remove the need for extra hardware to make this work. (hopefully that can be figured out in the not to distant future)

JShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: 2015-05-07 17:05:49 »
Um excuse me would anyone be willing to edit my save please I was trying to figure out why I kept getting corrupted file on my ps3 but my computer kinda crashed on me and I don't have the money to buy a new one yet so atm im having to use a friend's computer and he won't let me download black chocobo on it I would really appreciate it please

Here's my save http://www.mediafire.com/download/szp6aqqizbw8lis/BASCUS-941634646372D533031.PSV

I was trying to get max all items,each of the materia,everyone having there 4th limit break and if possible copying my chocobo's and making a black and gold with good/best stats

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: 2015-05-07 18:10:04 »
I had a similar problem using a modification tool, after i edited the file it was corrupted for the psp platform, but working well on emulator, to solve this I manually edited the file with hex editing, like someone here suggested to, its look impossible to locate the desired value because the amount of data but this is donable using the 'look for differences' option, just compare the untouched save with the edited one,the hexeditor will show you all the values that have been modified, the trick is to change these values so they match with the hacked save, and ofc do note modify the value that made the file corrupted, again its not possible to localize it directly, but if you change the love points from 0 to 09, u'll be able to see the '9' in the hexeditor 's differences calculation, with this you'll be able to locate where are the love points, for values over '09' u must use a calculator to translate the number into hexadecimal.

That maybe look complicated or not accurate but i did this to edit manually the dat files of the game and its worked.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1115 on: 2015-05-09 13:08:16 »
The questions are always the same, Read the FAQ and this thread . Your files are not corrupt . The ps3,psp+psVita use extra strong encryption signatures to sign the saves of psx games to prevent edits.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-09 13:44:58 by sithlord48 »

JShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: 2015-05-09 18:16:23 »
I understand that but what im saying is my computer completely crashed on me and im having to use a buddies to talk here he won't let me download the program on his computer so that's why I asked if anyone was willing to do those changes for me

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1117 on: 2015-05-09 20:33:00 »
I understand that but what im saying is my computer completely crashed on me and im having to use a buddies to talk here he won't let me download the program on his computer so that's why I asked if anyone was willing to do those changes for me
Thats cool nothing personal its just always the same question when people don't bother to read. I see your situation is a bit different. next time no post reading till after at least one cup of coffee.

JShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: 2015-05-09 23:12:45 »
hahaha yeah it's a pain but Thank You Very Much hopefully I can figure it out when I get my new computer

ghfett

• View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: 2015-05-21 05:11:20 »
Hello.  I am new here.  I downloaded Black Chocobo and have tried the work around for the PS3.  I have Final Fantasy VII on my PS3.  I transferred my save file to a flash drive.  I put the flash drive into my computer and saved it to the desktop.  I opened the file with Black Chocobo.  I edited some things like gil, gp, materia, and items.  I saved the game as a RAW PSX file.  I put the file on my flash drive and put it in my PS2.  I have FMCB on my PS2.  I used ULaunchElf to copy the file to a PS1 memory card.  I used a PS3 memory card adapter to transfer the file to my PS3.  When I copy it to the PS3, the file is just a black box.  I start Final Fantasy VII and try to load the saved game.  It doesn't show up.  All slots are empty.  What am I doing wrong?

ghfett

• View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: 2015-05-21 08:55:04 »
Well, never mind, I figured out a way to get it to work.  I used Black Chocobo to create the save.  I saved it as a Dexdrive file.  Then, I opened that file with PSXGameEdit.  I saved it as a .mcr file.  I used a program called PSXRC to convert it to the proper file type.  I put that file on a flash drive, put the flash drive in the PS2, used ULaunchELF to copy it to a PS1 memory card, and copied it to the PS3 using the memory card adapter.  I did a few more just to make sure I knew how I did it.  They all work perfectly!  Black Chocobo is an awesome program! 

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1121 on: 2015-05-21 16:14:12 »
I used ULaunchElf to copy the file to a PS1 memory card.  I used a PS3 memory card adapter to transfer the file to my PS3.  When I copy it to the PS3, the file is just a black box.  I start Final Fantasy VII and try to load the saved game.  It doesn't show up.  All slots are empty.  What am I doing wrong?

i would double check that you have used "MC paste" instead of "paste" in ulaunchelf. MC paste will create an entry in the index area of the memory card. this is required for the psx to read the card save from the card.

edit: also the name you save the raw psx as MUST match its region string or the loaded game will not see the save at all
« Last Edit: 2015-05-21 16:16:02 by sithlord48 »

ghfett

• View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: 2015-05-23 00:15:57 »
Yeah, I used McPaste.  It worked well.  I do have one question about the characters part of this program.  I know that when you click on Sephiroth, you can uncheck his name and his picture becomes Vincent.  Same with Young Cloud and Cait Sith.  Well, I changed them to Vincent and Cait Sith.  When I played the game, when I got to Cloud telling the backstory at Kalm, the game froze when it was loading up the fight where Sephiroth and Young Cloud fight the dragon.  I had saved right before I went to Kalm, so I just loaded that save into Black Chocobo and changed those characters back to Sephiroth and Young Cloud.  When I played the game again, it worked fine during the flashback fight.  Will Vincent and Cait Sith still show up properly when they show up in the game, or will I have to go and edit the save again?  I hope I'm making sense.  lol

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1123 on: 2015-05-24 13:32:18 »
For some reason when the game was being made they decided to use only 9 slots for characters. A total of 11 (12? more on that later)  characters exsist the 9 that you know as playable and two that you may not . Young Cloud and Sephiroth for some reason share character slots with Cait Sith and Vincent. I do wonder why they didn't just make enough slots for all the characters. They seam to have more then enough room since they are only using about 1/2 of a psx save slot. And if they had to use characters why not use both the optional ones for them? Yes, when you "naturally" aquire Cait Sith at the Gold Saucer his data will just replace young clouds. (same when/ if you get vincent). This is why if you make a new game + in black chocobo it will export your Cait and Vincent for you to replace later on.

The flashback will crash if you don't have young cloud and sephiroth for it. iirc you can't even change their stats or it will crash. other then that there are only a few fields where the game will have issues if you have a character when you shouldn't. Most of them are if you have Aerith after her death I can't recall one other then the flashback involving anyone else.

There is a character id for a chocobo( id 11 ) If i remember correctly it doesn't work. The character slots themselves are picky about who is in them only; The two normally shared ones can have a char charge and only to the other assigned character. It is possible that it needs to be in a specific character slot. However i think this id may exsist in order to pass to the menu module so a naming box can be made for chocobos.

ghfett

• View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: 2015-05-24 18:14:22 »
Okay, thanks.  I didn't change any character's stats, so it will work out perfect for my game.