Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] The Reunion (OLD THREAD, SAVED FOR POSTERITY)  (Read 1251671 times)

vAddicatedGamer

• Dumb dumb
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] Menu Overhaul Project
« Reply #350 on: 2011-07-20 00:10:38 »
I'm just curious... won't it make more sense to test out StrayOff's save with his patched ff7.exe?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2011-07-20 00:13:00 »
Well assuming he did what I told him, it shouldnt matter but yes that would at least make sure it isn't something else.  It still may not make a difference.

Send it me please :) 

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2011-07-20 00:36:54 »
Would this be the appropriate place to request that summons get listed straight from the top of their menu regardless of which ones they are, instead of spaced out so each summon goes in a specific line? Or is that already covered (here or elsewhere)?
I believe he means that instead of the summons being locked into positions on the menu, and thus unequally distributed within the menu, that they are all pushed to the top, and additional ones are added below previously acquired ones.

Sounds like a good idea, but i don't know that it could be implemented since it would require additional loop logic in order to loop through all obtained summons, and then assign new positions to them. Sounds like a nightmare to debug, and could cause major issues with savegames since the summons could potentially be anywhere.

Or i could be wrong and its a piece of cake to implement :) Maybe re-order the menu so the summons appear in the order that they can be obtained. Same concept but just faking it. Not that I really mind, I rarely use summons due to the massive snooze factor and minimal damage.

lee

norikoteiko

• View Profile
    • German Ragnarok Online Highrate
« Reply #353 on: 2011-07-20 01:06:29 »
please ma a function to disable the buster backround during setup

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2011-07-20 01:37:21 »
@pyrozen, you are right, what he asks for ain't bein done :P  Not by me. Not to mention that is daft as they are lined up in order of acquisition and their power / MP consumption.

@above

To remove the buster background look in modpath and the menu folder and delete it.  It is no "function"
« Last Edit: 2011-07-20 01:38:52 by DLPB »

zoostation

• All glory to the Hypnotoad
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2011-07-20 02:26:34 »
I mean that the Summon battle menu does this:

Even though the Magic battle menu can do this:

If I want to use KoR, I have to scroll through the entire Summon menu, even if it's the only red materia equipped to that character.
« Last Edit: 2011-07-20 02:30:10 by zoostation »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2011-07-20 02:50:54 »
o good point zoo, that IS annoying

vAddicatedGamer

• Dumb dumb
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2011-07-20 02:55:37 »
I believe the Enemy Skill menu behaves the same way as the Summon menu, as described above.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2011-07-20 02:59:20 »
It cannot be changed. It would take ages to do what you want with very little benefit.  Just use scroll buttons. 

zoostation

• All glory to the Hypnotoad
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2011-07-20 03:55:57 »
It cannot be changed. It would take ages to do what you want with very little benefit.  Just use scroll buttons.

Consider me "over it."

StrayOff

« Reply #360 on: 2011-07-21 13:56:57 »
hey,

its me again. i got running my game with the m002 mod and it doenst crash anymore. this time i didnt install the feature "remove commands box" from the mod installer.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2011-07-21 14:16:19 »
There is no way that can interfere with  dialogue.  There is something else that either the  install files did, or you did.  Check if auto run is the cause.
« Last Edit: 2011-07-21 14:31:09 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2011-07-21 18:41:26 »
I am finalising the menu project before its release tonight, but I am requesting help from anyone who might know of ANY spelling errors originally made in the game credits at the start.

Thank you.

robolink

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2011-07-22 02:15:11 »
No idea about the spelling errors but I am glad to hear about the finalization. If there is any other way I could help let me know. Also I will test out if the graphical anomaly with the FF10 interface that me and the other guy pointed out was fixed with this release as soon as possible for your peace of mind.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2011-07-22 05:42:11 »
I'm so giddy with anticipation that I can't sleep!
I hope I can finally use the Menu Overhaul with save games I made when I was using the YAMP patch.
I'm fed up with that Guard Materia Overflow glitch.  Blasted YAMP.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2011-07-22 07:24:31 »
Due to a number of issues that just arose on last minute, installer is yet again post poned.  It is 15 minutes away from completion, so tomorrow it is here barring some miracle.

StrayOff

« Reply #366 on: 2011-07-22 09:08:04 »
There is no way that can interfere with  dialogue.  There is something else that either the  install files did, or you did.  Check if auto run is the cause.

i didn't install auto run feature because i don't like this. as i said the game runs normal if i use unmodified exe. when i install the m002 with "remove command box" then it crashes the game. there is really no mod or plugin which could do this because i also tried m002 on an unmodded and 1.02 patched original install. o_O

maybe my windows is fault because i also have to install m002 in windows safe mode because in normal mode i get an error message referring to some ressources. i also tried to install as admin - same error:

that means something like this: "cannot find specified ressource. you maybe have not sufficient authorization to access the item"

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2011-07-22 15:43:14 »
I have no idea what can cause that.  Looks like you aren't even getting  a proper install or access to the needed resources / admin privileges.

Please make sure Run As Admin is ticked (i know you said you are doing that?) if you are using Vista by  right clicking M002.  Anyone else have any ideas?

Obviously you have severe issues that are not related to menu project...

StrayOff

« Reply #368 on: 2011-07-22 16:33:04 »
i'm running win 7 pro 32 bit. i switched off UAC and i ran the setup with admin privilegs (right klick on the setup). i also tried [win key] + r.

i'm still confused about this. but now i got m002 running :) i'll definitely post the behaviour of m003 at my system. maybe the problem was solved with next installer.

EDIT:

loool. 5 seconds later i had the idea to deactivate Antivir for a while and setup started!
i've installed Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 2011.
Maybe you could give a tip in your readme to switch off the guard while installing. Could help noobs like me for instance :-D
« Last Edit: 2011-07-22 16:36:33 by StrayOff »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2011-07-22 17:21:00 »
That tip is already in readme.  If you read it :P 

INSTALLER:

***PLEASE DISABLE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE AS IT IS LIKELY TO HAVE A FALSE POSITIVE TO THIS INSTALLER***
« Last Edit: 2011-07-22 17:22:47 by DLPB »

StrayOff

« Reply #370 on: 2011-07-22 17:31:28 »
dammit of course no xD
hmm i should put some toothpicks between my eyes to better watch out readme files

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2011-07-23 01:02:40 »
Menu Overhaul Project M003

For optimal quality, (noticeable especially with font), please do not use Compress Texture option in Aali driver.

I have not had time to give this installer a full test but I think it will be OK.  Lots of problems in the last few hours. :P

BUG REPORTING:

Report:

1. Any bugs which were not there originally.
2. Suggestions to make this better.
3. Alignment issues.

=================
KNOWN ISSUES

1.  Graphical anomaly mentioned with the ATB bars.  Fixing transparency may have solved it.
2. Aali's next driver (after v0.7.11b) will fix the problems with battle fade out and critical hits etc.
3. Slight pixel protrusion in battle with coin and limit menu
4. Roulette Enemy Skill still uses old hand icon graphic.
5. Ex-SOLDIER text runs into FF9 interface.  Suggest editing with wallmarket or using FFX interface.
6.  Still testing transparency of many of the textures.  Please notify me of ANY problems you notice.
7.  In consultation with 9999 patch creator about a bug.
8. At low resolutions, the FF9, break 9999 limit main title bar looks choppy at the end.  My fault, I will fix for M004.
9. usfont_a_l_00,usfont_a_l_14 are the same png file,so are usfont_b_l_00 and usfont_b_l_14.
Solved by install original overhaul files and replace usfont_a_l_00 and usfont_b_l_00.

REVISION HISTORY:

For M004:

1. Another look at graphics, see if we can spruce any up
2. Retranslation Project merged with this.
3. Magic barrier icon animation to be slightly modified.
4. Flevel editor option added
5. Last changes to the alignment.  A few niggles I am not happy with.

22-Jul-2011 M003
Changes:

1. YAMP patches added
2. Invincibility cheat added
3. Felix Graphic tweaks added
4. FFIX theme added
5. All images which are optional have been added to the same texture
6. Newly coded icons for the Barrier status, graphics by FeliX
7. Numerous alignment fixes, especially the Load and Save menu. 
8.  Graphical issues on font fixed.
9. Scroll issue fixed.
10.  Some of the numbers in game now have leading 0's.  Save and load menu, now do not.
11.  Credits background resized with Perfect Resize.
12.  World maps are properly placed on screen.
13. Credit text is updated.
14. No-action hand icon in battle is updated and better placed.
15. Password is on first post.
« Last Edit: 2011-07-23 10:52:42 by DLPB »

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2011-07-23 01:17:24 »
I just installed. The FFIX interface is sexy as hell! Thanks for all your hard work DL, and keep it up!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2011-07-23 01:28:08 »
I am also going to integrate the retranslation project with the menu project.  You will of course be given a choice in the installer between both, and although it will be a monumental task for me to do it, it is logical as it saves me duplicating files.

TinySarabia

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2011-07-23 02:08:56 »
i get "Sorry, we are unable to retrieve the document for viewing or you do not have permission to view the document" on Google Docs... :(