Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007837 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Regardless.  That message is clear - it's not seen.  Only raise to me if it's seen in game.  It means exactly what it says - it has to be 1008 - and it never can be.  8-)
« Last Edit: 2020-04-07 09:19:02 by DLPB »

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
model overhaul bug - woman who takes registration at battle square, her feet clip through the counter

(if that shouldnt be here and instead should be in kaldarasha's thread, let me know)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
There's a lot of that.  make sure doesn't happen in original.  I'll not add as a bug but I'll let him know should i not be able to fix

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
There's a lot of that.  make sure doesn't happen in original.  I'll not add as a bug but I'll let him know should i not be able to fix

i did, and no clipping with model overhaul off

also found another one: rocket village weapon salesman's hair flickers/disappears, does not flicker with model overhaul off

Agravaile

• View Profile
I can confirm flickering too in Rocket Village, happened every time i was on that location and on every playtrough.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
If you see flickering, report that to Kaldarasha on his chaos thread and show him exact model with a pic if possible.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
If you see flickering, report that to Kaldarasha on his chaos thread and show him exact model with a pic if possible.

roger that

guess i'll have to take a video, or maybe screenshot really really fast - i'll do it tomorrow

siboha

• View Profile
Does anyone have a working link to the latest R06c build that can be used until the registry issue is fixed with R06d? Thanks.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Also please try not to drip feed these smaller issues here - it gets too much.  Way too much.  Log them as you play and supply me a list at the end.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-08 04:42:32 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Does anyone have a working link to the latest R06c build that can be used until the registry issue is fixed with R06d? Thanks.

There is no reg issue with R06d. 

Or if there is, you're the only one to report this issue - there must be something wrong with your steam install.  Please check and reinstall Steam game.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-08 04:51:08 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Converter shouldn't be used and that post is potentially going to cause a problem, so I've removed it Agravaile.  If there's a bug or issue with R06d then it needs to be fixed, not circumnavigated.

Agravaile

• View Profile
Oh, okay. It does something bad on the registry? At least to me, it didn't cause any issues at all, might be considered as a tempt fix, but i see what you mean, will keep that in mind in the future, thanks!
« Last Edit: 2020-04-08 05:21:14 by Agravaile »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I don't know.  It's not important.  What is important is making sure R06 does not have bugs and not getting around them outside of it.

Agravaile

• View Profile
Non-important thing to ask for, but might be a cool adittion: Any possibility to include optional install for XBOX button textures apart from PSX ones in Reunion installer? Some of the UI's like Avalanche's or Italian version of Reunion has already those textures ready, the bad thing is they already come with another interface and font, so would've been cool for a possibility having those button textures in future Reunion releases, without altering the current UI it has now, you know.

Also, it's a very personal opinion, to each is own, but have you considered using PS4 button textures for PSX buttons? It's up to you, of course, which one looks better but to me PS4 buttons look a bit neater. And again, having an option between PSX and X360 would've been a cool addition.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-08 05:39:14 by Agravaile »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
That's for another modder to create - R06 is a framework for others and has my own mods that are within the confines of the original game.  I don't have the time.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-08 05:41:31 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
at the end of the disk 1 (or part) if you go to the save menu the submenu "save" box reappears. Is it right?

screen

I need a save to get there as it will save me a lot of time - do you have one? 

BTW I'm removing the "end of part 1/2" etc stuff. No longer needed with R06.  It will flow into next field now as it always should have [and in light of what they've done these days with FF7 and parts I find it distasteful] but still give you option of saving if there's no save point close by after the end.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-08 07:10:06 by DLPB »

Agravaile

• View Profile
I remember thinking about suggesting to find a way for displaying the insert disk 1/2/3 images (ones where there is Aerith in front of Highwind, Barret at the church with Marlene and Cid with Tiny Bronco), just modify them to say end of part 1/2 instead of insert disk or something like that. It's just that, as far as i know those images are present in PC version game data, and are actually good looking art. If they were drawn by the developers, that would be a waste, i believe, though, again, it is up to you of course, maybe my idea isn't even possible to do at all.

Just a friendly suggestion, don't take my words as a debate to your decision.

Edit: Oh, there were also Cloud, Tifa, and Vincent screens, i forgot about those too. If i'm not mistaken, they were also official wallpapers for the game.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/pw9n8wm1ka8uus0/Insert%20Disk%202.png
« Last Edit: 2020-04-08 08:00:45 by Agravaile »

usb

• View Profile

I need a save to get there as it will save me a lot of time - do you have one? 

BTW I'm removing the "end of part 1/2" etc stuff. No longer needed with R06.  It will flow into next field now as it always should have [and in light of what they've done these days with FF7 and parts I find it distasteful] but still give you option of saving if there's no save point close by after the end.

save 6, file 4 (just go down the stairs) https://www.mediafire.com/file/evs7dl3hgjvo21q/save05.ff7/file . the save is hacked, so cloud can equip all materia (they're at the bottom of the materia list) to speed up the boss battle

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
They're gone, Agravaile.  There's no more insert disc message with R06e.

Agravaile

• View Profile
RIP insert disc images 1997-2020. press F to pay respects. T.T

Seriously, though, i guess either change is for the best, i agree with it's annoyance. Either making them meaningfull (adding the images), or removing them at all (because they are pointless as is.) Though i DO think that save option should be available, since it's after kinda important and very emotional part of the game to take a break afterwards right away. The closest save point is located only in the west side of Forgotten Capital which takes a couple of screens to go through.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-08 08:17:55 by Agravaile »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The save option is still available.  Nothing to do with a break though.  The game only had those disc images and breaks because... there were discs.

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
I read bug report, there is something similar to my problem but it is stated as fixed: "Game will crash due to textures that "cannot be evicted" [see app.log] - or otherwise display broken textures.  This will be resolved better by migrating to True Odin's for of Aali's dll in the future. "
I used R06c hotfix 11 and now R06d. Sometimes I get corrupted textures. It started after Midgar, when I got access to the world map. Then that glitch appeared.
Spoiler: show

It appears most of the time, but not always - I can relaunch my game a few times and it will be ok (settings are the same, so it's not texture files problem). Regarding first screen, in one battle it can be so as on first screen, in the second battle fonts can appear.
Yes, I use custom textures (for GUI, for characters, for magic, for towns, for the world). My suggestion was since that glitch appeared after i got access to the world, then it is something with world textures. I switched them off (deleted). It has become better, battles are fine now, but sometime the glitch appears as on screen 2 - pointers are corrupted (pointers that point where the exit is or where your character is). And about screen 2 history. Pointers were fine, then Boss battle occured, and when I returned to the town I got this mess.

App.log for the second screen with broken pointers. Log is too big and can't be posted here. If you need the whole thing i can give it. Pointers textures are in hand_1_01.png and hand_1_09.png I have found them in the log
[00000000] INFO: FF7 English OpenGL driver version 1.2 - Merged with The Reunion - R06d
[00000000] INFO: Detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
[00000000] INFO: Postprocessing file - E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\The_Reunion/Program_Files/psx.post
[00000000] INFO: OpenGL debug context created.
[00000000] INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GT 710/PCIe/SSE2 4.6.0 NVIDIA 391.35
[00000000] INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
[00000000] INFO: OpenGL 2.1 support detected. Using PBO.
[00000000] INFO: Found swap_control extension
[00000000] INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
[00000000] INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 960x720, output resolution 960x720, internal resolution 1280x960
[00000000] INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 4096
[00000000] INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
[00000000] INFO: FFMpeg version 4.2.1, Copyright (c) 2000-2019 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
[00005867] TRACE: open AVGF.RSD (LGP:char)
[00005867] TRACE: open AVHA.P (LGP:char)
[00005867] TRACE: open AVHB.RSD (LGP:char)
[00005867] TRACE: open AVHC.P (LGP:char)
[00005867] TRACE: PERSONAL TEXTURE - E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\The_Reunion/CUSTOM/HD/Texture/flevel/hand_1_09.png
[00005867] TRACE: PERSONAL TEXTURE - E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\The_Reunion/CUSTOM/HD/Texture/flevel/hand_1_01.png
[00006683] TRACE: PERSONAL TEXTURE - E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\The_Reunion/CUSTOM/HD/Texture/field/condor2/condor2_00_00.png
[00006683] TRACE: PERSONAL TEXTURE - E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\The_Reunion/CUSTOM/HD/Texture/field/condor2/condor2_01_00.png
[00006683] TRACE: open ACFE.a (LGP:char)
[00006683] TRACE: open AAFF.a (LGP:char)
[00006683] TRACE: open AAGA.a (LGP:char)

The_Reunion.log:
The Reunion - R06d

Mod ID: hd

Activated: New translation
Activated: Menu Enhancement
Activated: Audio Replacement
Loaded: 60fps Battles
Loaded: 60fps Battles - Interpolation
Activated: New frame limiter
Activated: Centred field screens
Activated: Closed Mouth Models [original character models will not have open mouths]
Activated: High precision timer (QPC)
Loaded: Submarine text file E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\text\Submarine.txt
Loaded: Chars text file E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\text\Chars.txt
Loaded: Exe text file E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\text\Exe.txt
Activated: Mandatory fixes
Loaded: Real ddraw.dll
Loaded: Any global DLLs - See hext.log
Loaded: Any custom DLLs - See hext.log
Loaded: Any global hext files - See hext.log
Loaded: Any custom hext files - See hext.log
Loaded: Bass.dll

Loaded LGP:
E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\data\menu\menu_us.lgp

Loaded LGP:
E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\data\battle\battle.lgp

Loaded LGP:
E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\data\battle\magic.lgp

Loaded LGP:
E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\data\field\char.lgp

Loaded LGP:
E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\flevel.lgp

Loaded LGP:
E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\chocobo.lgp

Loaded LGP:
E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\condor.lgp

Loaded LGP:
E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\world.lgp

Loaded LGP:
E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\data\cd\moviecam.lgp

Loaded LGP:
E:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII steam\data\cd\cr_us.lgp

My specs are Core2Duo 2.93GHz, 2GB RAM, Geforce GT 710 1GB, Windows 7 32bit. Maybe this glitch appears because of too low RAM and HD textures use too much of it?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-08 14:31:54 by Panteleimon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
This will be remedied in future by migrating to True Odin's ffxn.  Texture issue is known and cannot be fixed.  Make sure your cache value in options.ini is 1024.

oblongsausage

• View Profile
Hi DLPB,

First crash after battles with the newest update. Here are my files:

1. An explanation of the bug

After defeating all enemies, instead of the exp/item screen coming up, the screen goes black; fanfare music continues playing; and then DLPB crash message appears. Clicking OK closes the game.

2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once?

Seems random.

Here are the files:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MT-eSXOwpVmAC3tLxni985hfsU0rFjPp/view?usp=sharing

BahamutSIN

• View Profile
After defeating all enemies, instead of the exp/item screen coming up, the screen goes black; fanfare music continues playing; and then DLPB crash message appears. Clicking OK closes the game.

Experiencing the same issue and also, sometimes it happens in field or in the middle of fight. Though no crash message pops up and no crash.dump file gets produced.