Author Topic: Opcodes / Wiki  (Read 2976 times)

Synergy Blades

Opcodes / Wiki
« on: 2006-08-02 01:12:44 »
How's about we do our best to fill in the opcode list at the Wiki opcodes entry, share the knowledge and all that? I know I could do with a little extra insight for certain codes for Meteor, and I reckon some of you guys know a fair number of codes already (Qhimm, dziugo particularly  :wink: ), so if we pool together and fill in what we've all got and understand, we can then collectively try and nail down the ones we don't. I've filled in a small number already, and I've got some more but the rest contain an "unknown" or two. In addition, thanks to Meteor I can also Wikify the FF7 (PC) field file structure as I've been working with it for quite some time now.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: Opcodes / Wiki
« Reply #1 on: 2006-08-02 23:59:30 »
Don't know much, just checked all the opcodes for their sizes and basic inner working (why 0x9D, 0x9E and 0x9F look like they are fckd_up?). Also, I've rewritten *req*, ret and retto opcodes in C, so I can understand how they work fully. Nothing more. Trying to finish that little script-dumper that I'm writing for... long time (yeah, first an interactive recompiler, then just decompiler, now just a dumper...). If you have difficulties trying to nail some opcode, I believe I can help though, just give me a shout.

Oh cool, I don't undestand what I've written. I just need to improve my spelling and I'll become halkun! (yes, we all love you :P)

dziugo