Author Topic: XA format in FF7?? (PSX)  (Read 5089 times)

Ragna

• View Profile
XA format in FF7?? (PSX)
« on: 2007-10-12 10:00:44 »
Well, it's me again!! xD

Someone knows exactly what files of FF7 use the XA format?

I guess that almost every file from MOVIE and SOUND folders use the XA format,
but is there any other file in FF7 wich use XA or something related to it?

ARMs

• View Profile
Re: XA format in FF7?? (PSX)
« Reply #1 on: 2007-10-12 10:11:45 »
I dont have a definate answer to your question, but I dont think their is any.   I'm glad that someone is working on the PSX version of the game but I like to why go threw all this trouble when you have tons mod with the PC version and its much easier to mod the PC version? 

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-10-12 10:46:05 »
I just love to understand better some things and to learn.

And FF7 is my favourite game.
And I have many other reasons for modding the PSX version.

Did you ever think on playing a modded FF7 in your PSP? This one is interesting for me.
And there's still a personal reason for me to mod the PSX version. Yeah, this is something personal!! ò.ó

P.D.: With the more info we have about the PSX version the better we will understand the engine and the exactly limitations, right?

And I am sure that there is still A LOT to understand and learn from FF7.
(I hope there is not really more to unreveal from the PSX version or I will die before understand it all xD)

Long Live Q-Gears Project!!! (Waiting for a new release, I want to take a look to some things)
Hail Q-Gears! xD

Well, if someone knows anything more about XA format in FF7 let me know please!. >.<

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-10-12 12:20:55 »
heh ok thanks for the reply.  I was just curious since everthings easier with the PC version.  I too prefer the PSX version, that why i'm glad someone is taking interest in teh datas for the PSX version.

G

• , kupo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-10-12 13:13:35 »
On all three FF7 PSX discs the only XA files is *.MOV files in MOVIE directory.
FF7 XA data is mixed data and audio sectors. Data sectors consists of FF7 header with camera information following ordinary PSX MDEC stream of version 1.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-10-12 15:32:24 »
Thank you so so much, Gennadiy!!! n__n

G

• , kupo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-10-13 19:53:25 »
By the way: if you need more info about FF7 movies, you can look here:
http://q-gears.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/q-gears/trunk/src/common/movie/ - here is movie decoder for custom video FF7 frames
http://q-gears.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/q-gears/trunk/src/utils/moviedump/ - here utility to dump all FF7 movies in RAW XA format from ISO image
http://q-gears.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/q-gears/trunk/src/utils/psx2iso/ - converter for PSX binary cdrom images

I am happy to see, that you are working with PSX version of game, as PC version is just bad port. :-)