Author Topic: FF VII (Original) Controller Problem [DS4]  (Read 4255 times)

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
FF VII (Original) Controller Problem [DS4]
« on: 2018-08-25 07:38:42 »
is there a way to use the D-PAD of my ds4 controller here in ff7? it's hard to make commands in battle using analog stick  :'( even mapping in the config, the dpad doesnt work.. is there a way to use d pad without 3rd party programs?

thanks in advance!

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: FF VII (Original) Controller Problem [DS4]
« Reply #1 on: 2018-08-25 21:18:44 »
No FF7 Only support up to 10 button and two axes. if you have more then that it just ignores them.

In order to make it work you would need to some thing use a joypad to keyboard program  and then you would just map your controller buttons to keyboard buttons..
« Last Edit: 2018-08-25 21:21:42 by sithlord48 »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-08-25 21:20:42 »
Maybe XinputPlus could change it. Though I only used it for my 360 controller. Never tested it with my PS4 controller.
https://www.play-old-pc-games.com/compatibility-tools/xinput-plus-tutorial/

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-08-25 22:41:31 »
for a DS4 use the program DS4windows. It allows you to map your bottons to key inputs. Just map the controller buttons as you want, and make the buttons correspond with the default keyboard scheme of the game.

also make sure there are no other programs running that automatically use the controller, like steam. If you play around enough youll see that the controller acts like a 360 aftermarket controller in your window settings. So for it to read properlly in ds4 windows you have to have ds4windows be the only program addressing the controller.
« Last Edit: 2018-08-25 22:43:07 by UpRisen »

mitzmitra

• one winged artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-08-27 16:12:00 »
No FF7 Only support up to 10 button and two axes. if you have more then that it just ignores them.

In order to make it work you would need to some thing use a joypad to keyboard program  and then you would just map your controller buttons to keyboard buttons..

ohhh, so that's how it works, thanks for the info sir sithlord!

Maybe XinputPlus could change it. Though I only used it for my 360 controller. Never tested it with my PS4 controller.
https://www.play-old-pc-games.com/compatibility-tools/xinput-plus-tutorial/

for a DS4 use the program DS4windows. It allows you to map your bottons to key inputs. Just map the controller buttons as you want, and make the buttons correspond with the default keyboard scheme of the game.

also make sure there are no other programs running that automatically use the controller, like steam. If you play around enough youll see that the controller acts like a 360 aftermarket controller in your window settings. So for it to read properlly in ds4 windows you have to have ds4windows be the only program addressing the controller.

so the only ways to map this are using 3rd Party Programs..  :cry: thanks for the input sir Kaldarasha and sir UpRisen.. so i may just go and play using analog sticks then :(