Author Topic: [FF7] Qhimm Catalog 3.0 Reports / Requests  (Read 317625 times)

iDerek759

• View Profile
Re: Catalog v2.2 Report / Mod Requests
« Reply #275 on: 2016-07-17 21:26:12 »
Hey

if it was my mod it would not take me 3 years to fix it for this long

So you're saying if it was your mod you could fix it in less time? Why not try creating it yourself then?
See how that actually works out for you?  ;D

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #276 on: 2016-07-18 01:32:30 »
Just to clarify a little with the Sephiroth Story Mod. It needs work still, and enough work that I don't want it released in its current state. Why? Because anyone who plays it will come to me for troubleshooting, and I simply don't have the knowledge to give.

1. There are 5 variations of files I was given.

> Sephiroth - No Weapons Change (vanilla Cloud weapons I assume)
> Sephiroth - Weapons v1
> Sephiroth - Weapons v2
> Safer Sephiroth - Weapons v1
> Safer Sephiroth - Weapons v2

I haven't tested all of them because I can't get them all working. The Sephiroth versions supposedly require the ff7_ss.exe to work (ss = Sephiroth Story), however it is not currently compatible with Menu Overhaul and can only be played with the vanilla game menu. Safer Sephiroth versions supposedly require the ff7_ss_safer.exe, however it is only compatible with Menu Overhaul enabled. Disabling Menu Overhaul will give you the squashed text and window alignment issues in the menus.

2. The field models are not complete. Perhaps they are, but I don't have them with me. Sephiroth has to be converted to each Cloud field model (parachute jump, bike escape, flashbacks, etc.).

3. Some battle animations are broken. I didn't test them all, but I know 2x Cut and 4x Cut don't have the proper animations. There may be others as well.

4. Menu Avatars are not correct. When I load up a previous game save and enter battle with a Cloud, Barrett, and Tifa group, the battle will have Sephiroth, Cloud, Tifa models. But outside battle, the Menu Avatars are still Cloud, Barrett, and Tifa.

These are just the issues I've found when starting a New Game jumping off the train or loading a previous save for 5 minutes of gameplay. I haven't played through the game with it, but can see other issues possibly.

What I propose is this:

1. Reduce this to one version: Safer Sephiroth (one weapon set) I honestly think that too many options can sometimes be a bad thing, and in this case simple is better. The Safer Sephiroth version allows Sephiroth to transform as his last Limit Break (the others are altered as well). I think that should be the main focus behind Sephiroth and his powers as you advance through the game. It's simple, but it makes sense.

2. While I can possibly do model conversions for some of them, I don't know what is to be done during the flashback scenes. There's Nibelheim with Cloud's mother, Tifa, and Sephiroth with Soldier. I don't know...

3. I've done zero modding with animations, so this one can't be fixed by me. The mod author or someone else will have to do this.

4. I think it's a file naming issue, but I'm not 100% sure. I honestly hate testing .tex files lol
« Last Edit: 2016-07-18 01:35:20 by EQ2Alyza »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2016-07-18 04:31:52 »
Hey alzya

when i played genesis063 sephiorth story mod last year it worked 100% fine

because genesis063 told me he fixed up everything for it including the weapon parts chest bugs on it to get parts for sephiorth weapons for the final part of the game

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2016-07-18 04:36:10 »
100%...Really? You played a 100% run through of the game with it already? What are you wanting this release for then?

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2016-07-18 04:41:06 »
hey Alzya

what i meant was i played this mod all the way through until the kalm flashback and got stuck there at a black screen all day

without moving forward

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2016-07-18 06:21:15 »
That's where one of my issues are. I can't fix it since it's not my mod.

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2016-07-18 06:34:16 »
Just to clarify a little with the Sephiroth Story Mod. It needs work still, and enough work that I don't want it released in its current state. Why? Because anyone who plays it will come to me for troubleshooting, and I simply don't have the knowledge to give.

1. There are 5 variations of files I was given.

> Sephiroth - No Weapons Change (vanilla Cloud weapons I assume)
> Sephiroth - Weapons v1
> Sephiroth - Weapons v2
> Safer Sephiroth - Weapons v1
> Safer Sephiroth - Weapons v2

I haven't tested all of them because I can't get them all working. The Sephiroth versions supposedly require the ff7_ss.exe to work (ss = Sephiroth Story), however it is not currently compatible with Menu Overhaul and can only be played with the vanilla game menu. Safer Sephiroth versions supposedly require the ff7_ss_safer.exe, however it is only compatible with Menu Overhaul enabled. Disabling Menu Overhaul will give you the squashed text and window alignment issues in the menus.

2. The field models are not complete. Perhaps they are, but I don't have them with me. Sephiroth has to be converted to each Cloud field model (parachute jump, bike escape, flashbacks, etc.).

3. Some battle animations are broken. I didn't test them all, but I know 2x Cut and 4x Cut don't have the proper animations. There may be others as well.

4. Menu Avatars are not correct. When I load up a previous game save and enter battle with a Cloud, Barrett, and Tifa group, the battle will have Sephiroth, Cloud, Tifa models. But outside battle, the Menu Avatars are still Cloud, Barrett, and Tifa.

These are just the issues I've found when starting a New Game jumping off the train or loading a previous save for 5 minutes of gameplay. I haven't played through the game with it, but can see other issues possibly.

What I propose is this:

1. Reduce this to one version: Safer Sephiroth (one weapon set) I honestly think that too many options can sometimes be a bad thing, and in this case simple is better. The Safer Sephiroth version allows Sephiroth to transform as his last Limit Break (the others are altered as well). I think that should be the main focus behind Sephiroth and his powers as you advance through the game. It's simple, but it makes sense.

2. While I can possibly do model conversions for some of them, I don't know what is to be done during the flashback scenes. There's Nibelheim with Cloud's mother, Tifa, and Sephiroth with Soldier. I don't know...

3. I've done zero modding with animations, so this one can't be fixed by me. The mod author or someone else will have to do this.

4. I think it's a file naming issue, but I'm not 100% sure. I honestly hate testing .tex files lol

I am happy with one version or another.i dont't care if you take weeks/months. Just from time to time some News about the current status are welcome :)

SwordofAeons

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2016-07-26 06:30:55 »
Could you double-check the version of New Threat included in the catalog?  I was getting a consistent crash following the Air Buster fight, and I resolved the issue by using the stand-alone .iro provided in Sega Chief's release thread: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14938.0

Might've just been a corrupted download, but as long as it's not too much trouble... :D

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2016-07-26 09:58:09 »
I pulled the files from his .iro link on July 15th. It should be the same one. Was there a change in the battle model for Air Buster? I didn't include any of his models if there were changes between 1.35 and 1.4.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2016-08-15 09:02:03 »
Sorry I took so long for my reply I am unable to check back here often.  Last I checked I gave you the ones that work for 99% percent of the game.  I managed to work around most of the animations.  I figured out some I can use for some that look glitchy.  The only issue is the final battle for some reason it won't work the way I intended.  I wanted the player to get the ultimate weapon for Sephiroth first but I'll probably change that as well.  Please be patient for a little while longer.  Can't do much till I come back from this long trip.

dethkab

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2016-08-26 04:05:05 »
^^Regarding the crash following the fight with airbuster when using the New Threat mod v1.4, I've also been experiencing crashes after Cloud falls.  The scene just transitions into a black screen and the game crashes.

Anyway, what I would love to see personally are:
Advent Children mods: costumes for main characters

Cloud First Tsurugi:  perhaps each piece being a new weapon to equip, and his ultimate weapon would be all piece completed.  Or anything really, I just love the base of the first tsurigi and its final form =D

Allowing retranslation to work with difficulty mods: I'm using New Threat and it kind of sucks I can't use the retranslation along with it.  Cause, lets face it, who actually likes the original translation of ff7?

More field and battle textures/entire game retextured:  not sure if it is just me, but sometimes it feels like not all the fields (3d rendered maps, battle fields, open world fields, etc) are influenced by the mods.  i don't know if it my eyes messing with me

Anyhow, thanks to you all for allowing me to replay this with these mods! =D

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2016-08-28 13:44:27 »
^^Regarding the crash following the fight with airbuster when using the New Threat mod v1.4, I've also been experiencing crashes after Cloud falls.  The scene just transitions into a black screen and the game crashes.

Anyway, what I would love to see personally are:
Advent Children mods: costumes for main characters

Cloud First Tsurugi:  perhaps each piece being a new weapon to equip, and his ultimate weapon would be all piece completed.  Or anything really, I just love the base of the first tsurigi and its final form =D

Allowing retranslation to work with difficulty mods: I'm using New Threat and it kind of sucks I can't use the retranslation along with it.  Cause, lets face it, who actually likes the original translation of ff7?

More field and battle textures/entire game retextured:  not sure if it is just me, but sometimes it feels like not all the fields (3d rendered maps, battle fields, open world fields, etc) are influenced by the mods.  i don't know if it my eyes messing with me

Anyhow, thanks to you all for allowing me to replay this with these mods! =D

Unfortunately, none of these requests are within the boundaries of what can be done here. Anything AC related can't be added because in the past they were ripped from other models, and that's a no-no for copyrighted material.

First Tsurugi is a good idea, but who has made this mod? Requests are for what's already been made, not to request new things to be made. I'm afraid I don't know anyone who can do this.

ReTranslation will always remain separate from other gameplay mods. The amount of files that are shared between ReTranslation and Gameplay mods is in the thousands, and they all have to be manually edited to make compatible with each other. It's too much manual work and can't be done.

I don't think you meant 3d rendered maps lol All the field scenes are pre-rendered 2d images. Each option to choose (Omzy, waifu, satsuki) are complete packages. The same goes for the world texture options. The EQ2Alyza and satsuki options are complete for the battle textures. The 3rd option is a compilation of several unfinished projects that cover most of the battle scenes, but some are not completed. The mod authors would have to come back from their hiatus to finish them. They are also newly made textures, whereas the field and world textures are just upscaled originals with various filters applied.

infinitstrife

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2016-09-24 19:11:45 »
I wanted to request Nightmare 7 to be put back into the Gameplay mod pack if possible.  I had to reinstall and when I checked again, Nightmare 7 was removed.  I did hear about New Threat being the new top gameplay mod,  but I had started Nightmare 7 already and wanted to go through that, I really enjoyed the theme and difficulty of the game even if it isn't finished.
If there are any links available, that would be great as well if there is an archive for older mods that I can import that would work as well.  Thanks for all your great work guys!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2016-09-24 23:33:18 »
I'm afraid I won't be putting N7 back into the catalog. It's incomplete and the author has abandoned it. Once you leave Midgar, the work on it is done but universal changes still stick from the .bin files and causes crashes.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13468.msg232842#msg232842

I might have an old installer or file archive I can link you, but is it really worth it? NT is above and beyond it's level of completion and craftiness.

infinitstrife

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2016-09-25 07:39:40 »
Thanks for the reply, I can understand considering the situation the mod was in.  I was reading that N7 was the entire first disc not just Midgar, guess that must've been bad info.  I'll start on NT then, hopefully there are not as many problems, I just remember having to play around with manually installing the hardcore mode separately to get N7 working(crashes from missing enemy data in random places due to scripted enemy fights that normally are not there).   Good thing the FAQ had the uninstaller app to remove old mods before totally reinstalling everything so at least that was painless.   

Thanks again!

demanson

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2016-09-28 02:28:13 »
I was wondering is it possible to get Cloud with masamune sword and loveless sword mods added into next update or so.  They were available in bootleg Loveless replaced Murasame there was one long time ago that replaced nailbat I used to have it but lost it.  I still have the masamune one tho.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2016-10-27 12:37:31 »
Is there a reason why the gamesconverter for 7H is packed multiple times in itself?

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2016-10-27 16:38:34 »
I was wondering is it possible to get Cloud with masamune sword and loveless sword mods added into next update or so.  They were available in bootleg Loveless replaced Murasame there was one long time ago that replaced nailbat I used to have it but lost it.  I still have the masamune one tho.
If no one adds the loveless one I'll do it for you.  It will be awhile till that can happen though.

demanson

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2016-10-27 21:40:50 »
I was able to manually add it I just took my fav weapon pack unpacked it and replaced 2 weapons I don't/didn't care for.  On a side note the whiteraven cloud battle model has a bug, well not really a bug.  It only has/had 1 texture enabled.  So I fixed that locally as well.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2016-10-28 18:36:10 »
So I may have thought of an idea to have Sephiroth Playable without replacing someone so my mod can work off of the other configure options.  I'll let you guys know if it is possible in the near future.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2016-10-29 01:50:36 »
Is there a reason why the gamesconverter for 7H is packed multiple times in itself?

Probably a mistake I didn't notice.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2016-11-04 14:22:35 »
For those who have problems to download a mod from the catalog try to start 7H with admin rights and run it in win7 compatibility mode.

Dark Phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2016-11-09 14:47:41 »
Is there a reason all my mods say "released on 1/5/2016", even though I've clearly got the updated ones from July (I checked the version numbers)?  Some kind of bug in 7th Heaven?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2016-11-10 07:09:32 »
I forgot to change the release dates in July. You're fine.

Dark Phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2016-11-10 13:30:20 »
Edit: NVM.  Going to put this in it's own topic since it's not related to the list directly.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-11 01:35:20 by Dark Phoenix »