Author Topic: WIP Tifa  (Read 79651 times)

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Re: WIP Tifa
« Reply #75 on: 2012-07-09 05:13:45 »
Only his profile, and it has zero info on anything let alone Bloodwork.

I'm looking at the actual Dissidia model, I'd say Halkun has it spot on, it's just the original model with a few tweaks, in fact, the first pic looks unchanged, only the 2nd and 3rd pic have altered geometry or textures.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #76 on: 2012-07-09 07:02:24 »
good enough for me...

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #77 on: 2012-07-09 12:37:18 »
Not sure but I think the first picture was used as a reference, the model displayed was quite different from the picture shown above... just my opinion... I can't find BloodWork's moddb page... anyone that came up with a link?

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2012-07-09 23:39:17 »
yea it was referenced off that first pic i had shown. Like i said i don't own that game and i don't actually know how to rip models either,
This is my actual job in real life to model from photographs as well as doing animation and texturing is piss easy as iv'e been doing art since i was 6 years old.

Sorry guys i'm not aloud to post on the BwK Moddb account (unless it's to do with our other game) other guys wont let me so they locked it from public viewing.

I really don't care if  i don't post any links to this model if it suits admins more or wateva nor will i post any more updates on it.

Sorry guys but i don't have the time to really mess around trying to prove i didn't actually rip the model from that game so i'll just leave it at that.

Update: After investigation and advise from a Lawyer please read-
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12455.25
« Last Edit: 2012-07-10 01:24:54 by Recko »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #79 on: 2012-07-10 01:51:08 »
I have 'top' lawyers at my fingertips too
they're called James McSmartypants and Jessica Buttapull
coming up with excuses and then going the 'hurrr I don't have time to prove anything' is practically proof the accusations are spot on

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2012-07-10 02:08:08 »
I'm still taking the position that if you buy a game, you own it and are able to do as you wish.   If you own dissidia and FF7PC, then you can put dissidia characters into FF7PC and vice versa if you have the tools/know how.   If you want to show off what you've done because you're proud of it, do so.  If you want to make your own models or textures to put in a game you own, also ok.  If you want to make a tutorial so other people may follow suit, it's still ok.

It's when you DISTRIBUTE that material to people who have not paid for said game that it becomes a legal issue.   I realize it's kind of dull around here, but we really need to get away from all the unnecessary overreaction to double posts and bickering and pictures of dissidia models.  The heavy handedness tends to drive people away from qhimm.com

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2012-07-10 02:15:41 »
but we really need to get away from all the unnecessary overreaction to double posts and bickering and pictures of dissidia models.  The heavy handedness tends to drive people away from qhimm.com

true.

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2012-07-10 10:02:59 »
Well its not ripped. (My job is 3D modeling and animation, i can model pretty much anything from reference pictures) tell ya what guys i'm doin the battle model atm so when i've finished it and the world model i'll post them on the BloodWorK Moddb account.

p.s i removed the hair infront of her right eye.

(Check this out, this picture was an attempt to show my "modeling" skills by moving a few vertexes around. I'm so good at modeling!)

Thanks for reconsidering your attitude, we appreciate it. :)

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2012-07-11 03:14:47 »
I hear what ya mean but its not just SquareEnix that owns the rights to the characters of FF7 its also copyrighted to the actual modeller of the characters if you need proof search for copyright laws its the same process as a brand name, logo or even a style of font.

When i was doing Graphic Design
I designed a font for a company and they used it, that font becomes there's but any modifications to it have to have my approval first.

I even have the contract that says it.

That's the way copyright laws are done you would know if you had any qualifications at selling work to company's or working for one

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2012-07-11 05:17:29 »
words
Everything you said depends entirely on what contract you sign. Many game art contracts give full rights over to the software company by default.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2012-07-11 10:15:44 »
My work for Sony Online Entertainment for DC Universe Online doesn't belong to me  :|

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2012-07-23 15:11:02 »
My work for Sony Online Entertainment for DC Universe Online doesn't belong to me  :|

I just started to play that game! Awesome you did work on it!

On topic this model looks awesome! Much better than the other model floating around that has been ripped from another game. And speaking of which since I own both Jedi academy and FF7 pc its legal for me to use?

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2012-07-23 15:27:10 »
Well, in my management classes we did learn that when you work for a company and the company decides to use your innovations, it is no longer "your innovation" but a property of the company..

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2012-10-09 08:06:44 »
I pm'd this dude. If he replies... I'll texture this model

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #89 on: 2012-10-09 15:47:58 »
Thank you APZ!!!

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2012-10-15 19:27:48 »
New Tifa Project i Started long ways to go still but trying to keep it like the original.

Still have to texture the clothes and do a few bits and pieces here and there:

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2012-10-15 19:34:09 »
Character Generator?

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #92 on: 2012-10-15 19:42:37 »
I want to sleep with this Tifa! Oh God! I'm gonna think of her all night... :P :P  :-*

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2012-10-15 19:45:21 »
Can u get a character generator for 3ds max 2012?

nah it was a model i had done years ago for a 60sec animation project at tech, i've just striped it down retextured the skin, hair, eyes to match original colour (red with hint of brown) and started modeling the clothes now

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2012-10-15 19:53:17 »
The body looks really good. However I don't know what it is but the shape of her face kinda makes her look Asian.

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2012-10-15 19:56:52 »
yea its the eyes i've been thinking about widening them anyway just not quite as much as the ref pic lol

This is what i've been doing for the last 5 years until now:

Early Model

Update:

« Last Edit: 2012-10-15 22:44:15 by Recko »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #96 on: 2012-10-16 00:22:12 »
She needs bigger.....eyes  ;)

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2012-10-16 02:10:53 »
She needs bigger.....eyes  ;)

^ Hahaha! Looking good Recko, keep it up!

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2012-10-16 03:31:18 »
Lol nice tits. Fitting of Tifa.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2012-10-16 12:39:18 »
Body is spot on. Eyes should be more cartoonish/anime, big and colorful.