Author Topic: adding mods in ff7 steam  (Read 3527 times)

Maverick4031

• View Profile
adding mods in ff7 steam
« on: 2019-05-09 20:28:32 »
hey there all....so im not too familiar or perhaps just forgetting how install most of these mods for model swaps and such. i know sega chief tends to have his stuff in executable form which makes it super easy, but alot of these don't. can i get some help? lol

on a side note....i am saddened that some of the mods no longer exist or have busted links. in fact....the big tifa bootleg pack link goes nowhere even, as does my favorite vincent mod, which changes his model and his limit models. any chance someone knows how to fix that? much appreciated!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: adding mods in ff7 steam
« Reply #1 on: 2019-05-10 17:42:56 »
hey there all....so im not too familiar or perhaps just forgetting how install most of these mods for model swaps and such. i know sega chief tends to have his stuff in executable form which makes it super easy, but alot of these don't. can i get some help? lol

on a side note....i am saddened that some of the mods no longer exist or have busted links. in fact....the big tifa bootleg pack link goes nowhere even, as does my favorite vincent mod, which changes his model and his limit models. any chance someone knows how to fix that? much appreciated!

7H can combine mods but it can be tricky to set up.

The other way is using an archive unpacker to extract all the model files and then replace the ones you want changed before repacking it back into an archive.
1) Extract the archive's files (like battle.lgp for battle models, or char.lgp for field models) using Luks'y ULGP tool or similar.
2) Download a mod that provides loose model files; 7H IROs can also be unpacked using 7th heaven and their model files used in the same way.
3) Dump the mod's model files into the folder where you extracted the archive files, overwriting them when prompted.
4) Repack the archive into an .lgp file using ULGP again and you're good to go.

There is a GUI version of Luksy's tool but I never got it to work, I use the file explorer shortcuts it can set up instead.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-05-13 11:56:04 »
ok so i figured out the issue. its really anal about which exe to attach to as far as for the game itself.

however.....while the mods work, i have a bit of a lag issue in certain moments such as menus or encounters. not sure how to fix that yet.

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-06-17 20:43:07 »
7H can combine mods but it can be tricky to set up.

The other way is using an archive unpacker to extract all the model files and then replace the ones you want changed before repacking it back into an archive.
1) Extract the archive's files (like battle.lgp for battle models, or char.lgp for field models) using Luks'y ULGP tool or similar.
2) Download a mod that provides loose model files; 7H IROs can also be unpacked using 7th heaven and their model files used in the same way.
3) Dump the mod's model files into the folder where you extracted the archive files, overwriting them when prompted.
4) Repack the archive into an .lgp file using ULGP again and you're good to go.

There is a GUI version of Luksy's tool but I never got it to work, I use the file explorer shortcuts it can set up instead.
Hi, im relativly new to modding. Could you please(if still active here) be more precise of what you mean in the described steps.
The only thing i managed so far was unpacking battle lgps and replacing them with the one i wanted but when i start the game with 7th heaven those changes are not applied, only mods from 7th are applied but not my modded and repacked lgps.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-07-17 01:04:26 »
for the bootleg pack its on a web archive, I highly suggest virus scanning these files tho.

https://archive.org/details/tifa-s-package-bootleg040-mods-updated-11-24-2013