Author Topic: Sharing / Donating Resources - models, textures, audio  (Read 37937 times)

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
Re: Sharing / Donating Resources - models, textures, audio
« Reply #25 on: 2012-02-20 21:14:13 »
Glad to see you guys starting to collaborate. I did some playing around with this mod and it has some things we definitely need to get into ffvii PC. Here is a rough render of one of the floors. I didn't line it up perfectly, but you get the drift.

If one of the more experienced modelers doesn't convert the floors I will at some point.

I also wanted the nif and dds files to be easier for everyone to use no matter what software they us so i converted all the elements in this mod to obj and jpg. Here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?54l7ilxenhn0865
http://www.mediafire.com/?4a130tfrsz39qs9

Most of the textures should load right up in Blender. At least they do for me.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-15 03:42:38 by Grimmy »

Tempus

• This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #26 on: 2012-02-21 19:50:32 »
The only problem with converting the textures to JPG is that you'll lose quality. The DDS texture files are mostly a mixture of DXT 1, DXT 3, DXT 5 which are already compressed, although there's a couple that are uncompressed, such as 59's walls. The transparency and specular maps are stored in the alpha channels of the diffuse and normal map textures respectively, so reducing them to a single image will mean that data is lost. You can, however, separate them and save them as separate files quite simply in Photoshop or Gimp.

Ultimately it's up to whoever uses the stuff - I'm not against it. I'm just saying there'll be more artefacts and a loss of quality with the textures if they're further compressed. It might not be noticeable at a distance though. Still, I'm pretty sure Blender can view DDS files by default and there's plugins for Photoshop and Gimp as well as a plugin to allow you to view the thumbnails in thumbnail view in Explorer.

In other news, I managed to make anaho's elevator scene into something I can use in Fallout 3 :) Since I haven't started texturing / UV mapping it yet I can't show it in game. Use your imagination!

I got it down from +400,000 polys to roughly 3,500. There's still some minor stuff missing - like on the console - but good enough to show off! The only thing remaining from the original model is the floor (albeit edited) which I'll probably also replace. Still a lot of work to do, but it was definitely better than starting from scratch. Thanks anaho; I hope something of mine is of use to you :)
« Last Edit: 2012-02-21 19:55:21 by Tempus »

anaho

• King Of Slowdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2012-02-23 13:16:36 »
How do render that partly visible wireframe in Blender? Two separte renderlayers with one object set to wire and the other solid and them merge them in Gimp/ Photoshop?
How do you get the fade-out of the wireframe? Just by deleting the wireframe render?

Junele1: Had to delete the sculpted sidepanels as these were 180MB of just geometry data. It is still not finished, but I think that it is hardly noticeable ehen not looking at the original.
http://www.mediafire.com/?gf2qhnthpimtrmr

Tempus

• This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #28 on: 2012-02-24 00:34:31 »
Neither the shaded part nor the wireframe are renders. I took two screens of my 3D window, one in shaded mode and the other in wireframe. I put the resulting screens on two different layers in photoshop, removed their backgrounds, coloured the wireframe and then blended them together with a layer mask on the wireframe, which was the top layer.

That Junon elevator looks neat. I saw a render you did of it, it looked really nice. I probably won't be able to use it in my project though, since I'm only making the Shinra Building at this time.

Latest elevator work:

The last shot is from in Fallout 3. So far most of the model only has diffuse maps, but once it has normal, spec, glow and environment maps it should look neat :)
« Last Edit: 2012-02-26 15:39:27 by Tempus »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2012-02-26 21:57:33 »
Looks awesome! i might have to reinstall FO3 now

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #30 on: 2012-02-26 22:22:49 »
Looks awesome! i might have to reinstall FO3 now

lol I have it but on ps3 :(:( :(

Tempus

• This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #31 on: 2012-02-27 00:44:43 »
Thanks :) Fallout 3 should be fairly cheap to buy now given that it's a few years old. You could probably pick it up second-hand somewhere. Incidentally all my FF series copies are / were second-hand - I'd play them on the ol' PSX, but it won't work recently :(

Anyhow, I'll be doing another release soon at the end of this month. It'll include this elevator which will hopefully be finished by then, as well as a small update to floor 61, access to a vantage point above the outer plates looking back at the center of midgar, and two train cars. As always, things are ongoing ;)

Here's two more images of elevator WIP. Now featuring a reflective floor among other things! They're a bit heavy file-size wise, so I'll link to them.

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo94/JigsawPieces/shinraBldgMod/intElevator_10.png
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo94/JigsawPieces/shinraBldgMod/intElevator_11.png

Tempus

• This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #32 on: 2012-02-29 11:54:53 »
Version 1.2 has been released on moddb and the Nexus. New content includes lower elevator, two train cars and a slightly updated floor 61. If you're rummaging through the data files, train content is prefixed with 'trn_' and the lower elevator starts with 'int', which stands for 'interior'.

moddb page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/mako-dawn/downloads/mako-dawn-v12
Nexus page: http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=17324

moddb content doesn't show up immediately because it needs to be authorized first, so yeah ;)
« Last Edit: 2012-04-01 11:51:48 by Tempus »

Tempus

• This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #33 on: 2012-08-07 08:02:44 »
Here's a recent render of the train car I've been working on. It's not finished yet. It was modelled rendered in Blender 2.6

One of the texture maps for the car:

As with my other stuff, anyone's welcome to use this for whatever they want when I release it.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2012-08-11 05:14:38 »
Seriously, that train car looks perfect :|

Sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012-08-11 11:50:14 »
Well hello there Jake!

Tempus

• This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #36 on: 2012-08-11 13:06:50 »
Seriously, that train car looks perfect :|

Thanks :) I still need to add / change some stuff. The pipes running along the side have a slight downward bend in the before they go over the middle in the original game (and they're darker, I think). Right now I'm working on getting it looking nice in Fallout 3. What looks good in Blender usually doesn't look good in Fallout :( This is how it looks in FO3 so far: http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo94/JigsawPieces/shinraBldgMod/fuelCar_07.jpg Still, I guess it's better than when it used to look like this: http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo94/JigsawPieces/shinraBldgMod/fuelCar_01.jpg :D

Well hello there Jake!

Hello :D

Sapphire

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012-08-11 13:43:00 »
Haven't seen you on msn for a looooong time D;<

Tempus

• This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #38 on: 2012-08-12 03:20:04 »
Haven't seen you on msn for a looooong time D;<

I don't sign into msn very often and I when I do I don't see you online. I'll leave myself signed in this week. Oh, and I don't know if you're aware, but I replied to your moddb comment ;) But yeah, if you want to chat I'll be on.

Tempus

• This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #39 on: 2012-08-14 08:58:21 »
Made a little video showing some of the content that will be released in v0.3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDQJKZ9wBbk

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2012-08-14 21:26:25 »
wow that looks pretty good

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2012-08-15 19:15:43 »
Will you be donating those shinra MP models to TA as well?

neomonkeus

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2012-08-15 23:10:35 »
The Shinra models are a combination of npc skins and separate clothing. The clothes, it uniforms, helmets, etc will be available but the characters are vanilla content which we can't provide.

I have also decided to throw in my train engine too. Tempus is doing a retopo on it as I lost the original sources due to a hard drive failure. I hope to get back into modelling myself soon and might get around to doing some animation with it in my spare time.

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2012-08-17 17:03:58 »
I wonder if you're able to get the wheel system fully animated, as it is my experience that it's quite complicated to achieve.
8)

Tempus

• This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #44 on: 2012-08-21 06:09:34 »
Minor updates to the station:

I'm hoping to do the final release by the end of this month, but I'm having trouble getting the top of the Shinra Building visible! The draw distance cuts out abruptly. I've been tweaking the .ini settings and have got it this far, but I confess my ignorance: I don't really know what the hell I'm doing :D Below is a shot of the (partly visible!) Shinra Building as seen from the Sector 8 reactor train station. I'll fix the UV mapping on the building later.

Also, this needs to be re-integrated:
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo94/JigsawPieces/My%20Models/ClockArchBuildingRender24.png
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo94/JigsawPieces/My%20Models/ClockArchBuildingRender10.png

I've converted a lot of old content into blend files along the way, so that should be helpful when compiling my resource pack.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-21 06:11:48 by Tempus »

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2012-08-22 08:13:24 »
Tempus, great job. It's so nice you're fired up and keep delivering.
Love the models/textures!

neomonkeus

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2013-08-12 17:27:35 »
This has been long overdue, checking from the post , almost a year.......but anywho, the complete asset download for MakoDawn is now available on moddb.com. Kinda surprised that Tempus didn't post here but I guess that is just because he is so busy lately with the other projects he has moved onto. -
http://www.moddb.com/mods/mako-dawn

I know someone was thinking about the train animation for an updated intro scene. My train has been included in the mod but it was still a wip at the time so not sure if Tempus retopo'd it before UV'ing and texturing. If anyone is interested in some collab on that animation I would be willing to give a hand as I need to learn the in's and outs of the new animation system for the work I am doing now on a blender import/export plugin.

« Last Edit: 2013-08-13 10:51:00 by neomonkeus »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #47 on: 2013-08-14 11:00:03 »
This is a very beautiful scene! Well done! As about the intro... isn't there an official demo video by SE already? And enough mods too including the CC ending. What we haven't seen yet is the SE tech demo and the CC ending in its original 1080p res...

neomonkeus

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2013-08-19 11:01:51 »
The screen shots from are taken in-game from Fallout 3.

I had heard at some point you guys were going to make your own version as I assume copy written material shinagins. That and making as much as possible by the community.

Anywho my main interest was to work with whoever was interested in animating the train part. Although it was my baby and modellers envy probably has its part to play, I know the community will do it justice and that was one of my main reasons for releasing it. My main reason was to have some motivation to get into animation again and help give more to this project.

Tempus

• This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #49 on: 2013-09-24 21:29:42 »
Ah, thanks for posting that, neo! As can be seen under the downloads section, I also released a music pack of FFVII arrangements.

For anyone who has questions / wants to chat about this (or other stuff), I'm usually on IRC sitting in the #waver channel on the Rizon server. I can't guarantee I'll have answers to your questions, but it's a point of contact at least. I don't sign into AIM / MSN anymore, though I do check my gmail emails somewhat regularly.