Author Topic: Controlling Sephiroth?  (Read 20974 times)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
Re: Controlling Sephiroth?
« Reply #25 on: 2012-10-07 14:47:29 »
Datapack you might want to try to reinstall in you c:\games folder because the program (86) doesnt allow the modifications to go through.  I had the same problem and did what I suggested and it works fine.  I have the Sephiroth Scorpicus patch with FF7music along with the mako reactor.  I am working on the script since the links for editing the script with the one provided don't work.  Once I get that done i'll try to export it for everyone.  The only thing I couldnt get to work was the cutscene pack so dont bother.  Don't worry about the kernels part because I didn't have any to edit but it still worked fine without it.  You can still use achievements and character booster so dont worry.  Also you can look in the bootleg tifa's tutorial to get the converter needed for the mods to work.  Don't worry about the ISO part for the disc check.  I didn't need it and it works fine without it.  I posted a youtube video just look up Final Fantasy VII Re-Release and it'll be under the username Revan.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
Re: Controlling sepiorth?
« Reply #26 on: 2012-10-17 11:00:10 »
There are a few mods which allow controlling Sephiroth to some extent:

patch for ice_cold513 sephiroth patch.zip       anifiga         New Sephiroth Model                     Qhimm FILE

patch for Scorpicus Sephiroth Patch.zip         anifiga         New Sephiroth Model                     Qhimm FILE

seph.zip                                        Sladevi         Missing Sephiroth Patch Animations      Qhimm FILE

Sephiroth Trainer V1 By Kranmer.exe             Kranmer         FF7 Trainer with Less Cheating          Qhimm FILE

Sephiroth_Cut_Scene_Pack.zip                    Scorpicus       Play As Original Sephiroth Cutscenes    Qhimm FILE

Sephiroth_Patch.zip                             Ice_cold513     The Play as Sephiroth Patch             Qhimm FILE

Scorpicus Sephiroth Patch V1.1                  Scorpicus       Play as Original Sephiroth              Qhimm FILE

Any of these lets you PHS him (ingame) to the team formation?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #27 on: 2012-10-17 11:15:26 »
Any of these lets you PHS him (ingame) to the team formation?

that'd be a really simple edit actually. "unlock sephiroth in party menu" ( of course that would need to be injected somewhere in the flevel sadly )
no idea how these patches handle vincent though, you'd have to remove the bit that sets the flag that seph turns into vincent in phs and menu

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2012-10-19 11:24:00 »
Any particular reason why Vincent and Sephiroth share the same data?
I mean, code-wise.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2012-10-19 12:59:09 »
I think it mostly deals with how they act in combat.  Vincent almost cast magic the same way as him just brings both arms up a few inches and drops down kind of like Sephiroth.  It could also be since Sephiroth wasn't planned to be fully playable they probably had to get the animations from somewhere.  Its much easier to use existing data and tweak it then make a new one, but this is pure speculation on my part because I don't know exactly what goes into making the game.  So I think basically they comped out.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #30 on: 2012-10-19 13:29:29 »
Sephiroth basically is Vincent in terms of code
there is a flag that switches them around but they occupy the same ID slot as party member
The animation data has nothing to do with that. They're still completely independent files.
We will never know for sure why it is as it is, but my guess is that either the kalm flashback was made after they had already created cait sith and vincent or vice versa. They had already worked out so and so much code tailored to so and so many character IDs and they didn't want to re-do all that. So they used the same space for both means and simply set a flag that would call the data of the others from somewhere else ( that vincent and cait siths initial data / equip are in the .exe and not the kernel suggests that both of them were added AFTER the kalm flashback though )

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2012-10-19 18:39:37 »
If you could control Sephiroth, it wouldn't be a RPG anymore.

You do know rpg means role playing game?

its just a game where you control the characters in a movie. It doesn't matter who u control the story is still the same

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2012-10-20 03:37:49 »
its just a game where you control the characters in a movie.

Game != movie

It doesn't matter who u control the story is still the same

controlled character == story progression

did you even play FF7? or just watched AC?

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012-10-20 10:39:57 »
Sephiroth basically is Vincent in terms of code
there is a flag that switches them around but they occupy the same ID slot as party member
The animation data has nothing to do with that. They're still completely independent files.
We will never know for sure why it is as it is, but my guess is that either the kalm flashback was made after they had already created cait sith and vincent or vice versa. They had already worked out so and so much code tailored to so and so many character IDs and they didn't want to re-do all that. So they used the same space for both means and simply set a flag that would call the data of the others from somewhere else ( that vincent and cait siths initial data / equip are in the .exe and not the kernel suggests that both of them were added AFTER the kalm flashback though )

Yeah some of that is what I thought but I think it was after myself.

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2012-10-20 11:53:15 »
Game != movie

controlled character == story progression

did you even play FF7? or just watched AC?

you dont know what role playing means do you - you cant change how the story goes it's preset

Mate i played and finished FF7 when it first came out prob before you even played it, i've also played and finished all of the FF games up to XII

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012-10-20 13:45:38 »
you cant change how the story goes it's preset

It is. But that doesn't mean you can freely change the character(s) and go away with it. "Hey, my car won't work anymore. Before I go to repair it, I'll smash it with a hammer. It's the same thing after all."

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2012-10-21 04:32:34 »
I never once said you could change the character freely, i was disputing your definition of rpg. You completely went of the topic