Author Topic: WinAmp plugin question  (Read 2919 times)

Anonymous

WinAmp plugin question
« on: 2002-06-03 07:56:10 »
Alright, I already know the WinAmp plugin's kind of buggy, but could anyone help me anyway? All songs are played properly but sometimes a dialog box with an access violation exception pops up. Clicking okay quits WinAmp but leaving the dialog open lets me play the songs perfectly and there are no other problems. But the thing is, the dialog pops up quite often, so is there anyway to simply hide it?

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
WinAmp plugin question
« Reply #1 on: 2002-06-04 11:39:43 »
My Winamp plugin was kind of originally made to play the FF8 music, so yes, sort of relevant ;)

And yes, I know about that bug ... but I haven't been able to fix it yet. The problems are, (a) I have exams now, so no chance of working on it ... and (b) I could almost never reproduce that bug myself in a debugger. So it's fixable, but I haven't managed it yet, nor will I for at least another month or two.

Anonymous

WinAmp plugin question
« Reply #2 on: 2002-06-07 13:41:21 »
Thanks anyway.

Goku7

• View Profile
WinAmp plugin question
« Reply #3 on: 2002-06-08 05:14:06 »
Speaking of which, I get an access violation approximately 2 seconds after the plugin stops playing, either by coming to the end of the song or from me hitting the stop button.  I click ok and the error dissapears without having caused any crashing, but it will pop up the next time I use the plugin and its been 2 seconds since it stopped.

Curiously, it doesn't do it when there's an entire list of songs I want it to play and it goes to the next one after coming to the end of the first one.  No problems there......

Anonymous

WinAmp plugin question
« Reply #4 on: 2002-06-10 09:05:30 »
Well, the plugin doesn't crash so often anymore, now that I've uninstalled Creative's plugin (I didn't even know it was there) so lucky me, I'm not annoyed with the crashes anymore. Anyway, thank you for your response and I hope someday someone will find out exactly what the cause is. Oh and great job on the plugin even though it's a bit buggy.