Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008112 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05c)
« Reply #4075 on: 2018-02-16 17:05:33 »
Not sure if it's been said before, but your link to The Reunion Database is dead.

...No it isn't? I just clicked that link and it loaded fine.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: 2018-02-16 17:27:50 »
Unknown. But over 200 MB compressed probably.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: 2018-02-16 22:51:52 »

...No it isn't? I just clicked that link and it loaded fine.

Plus it can't die....  It's a Drive database link.  Not some sort of download.

Chris Shade

• View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: 2018-02-18 05:16:15 »
I clicked on the one on the Model Overhaul Section. That link is dead.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: 2018-02-19 18:25:55 »
I forgot that even had one.  Updated.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4080 on: 2018-02-28 00:58:53 »
Update:  progress on The Reunion is currently on hold while Luksy creates a workable build of Aali's source code.  I'll decide then how to proceed.  Ideally, I want to add to my mod manager the ability to load individual files, something Aali has definitely already helped with.  But it may be that editing of Aali's driver code must wait.  NFITC1, Luksy, and perhaps others will have to collaborate on how to proceed.

In the meantime, I will probably get R06 to a state that it can be released using my new approach, and then worry about the further more complicated changes for R07. 

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: 2018-02-28 01:26:18 »
Well since you have a little time on your hands, wanna take a crack at adding 360 degree movement?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: 2018-02-28 01:47:59 »
I wish I had time on my hands... I am studying Aali's code and trying to get the mod file thing working.  But also a lot of other stuff going on like starting a new job.  Still, I may be able to look into it at some point.

Don't worry, I didn't forget ;)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: 2018-02-28 21:06:10 »

In the meantime, I will probably get R06 to a state that it can be released using my new approach, and then worry about the further more complicated changes for R07. 

I think that this is a good idea to do so. However, maybe you shouldn't implement the mod manager yet but focus the tool to suits the reunion itself and leaving the manager for R07 (that also give us time to test release candidates of it and giving you feedback of what we moders need). You already have implemented a good bunch of new and needed features. I mean no matter what you add, it is already awesome.

BTW. your batch file for ulgp is really helpful.
« Last Edit: 2018-02-28 21:07:52 by Kaldarasha »

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #4084 on: 2018-03-03 09:29:43 »
EDIT: Pressing the start/select button at the same time brings it back up! ...and I can't do anything and it goes away again. I figured that might be an important detail, though.

Long time no comment, everyone! I think I found a bug and I can't seem to find it on the Database!:

In Cosmo Canyon, when Bugenhagen is doing his big old explanation inside his machine. After he shows what would happen if you took the spiritual energy from the planet and it collapses... the game screws up? Like, it goes to black as if it's going to shift the scene and it just stays there, black. It's not a hang because the music keeps playing. I waited a really long time and pressed a bunch of buttons and nothing happened.

I have Tifa and Barrett in my party if that makes any difference. I don't know how to do an info/error dump or I would.

I have the current build of Reunion (excluding Weapon) and Anxious Heart installed in terms of mods. I'm on Windows 7.

PS - Literally just smashed buttons again and the scene came back... and then went away again??? Yeah it seems to flash on and off irregularly and with long periods of black between. Huh. (It wasn't the smashing I think it was the start + select as mentioned above).
« Last Edit: 2018-03-03 10:16:40 by mugenginga »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: 2018-03-03 15:07:14 »
It's probably some issue with the movies.  If anything stops the field screen being reshown, it has to be refreshed.  I added the ability to skip movies and refresh with start - select.  So that's why it fixes it.  Why it happens in the first place, I don't know.

I also need to know which specific movie it is.  And hopefully you aren't using 7H, because then a bug report here is useless :)

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #4086 on: 2018-03-03 17:55:12 »
That I can do! Looked it up and the movie file in question is 'boogstar'. I'll try skipping the movie section altogether and see what happens, as well! (I wouldn't say it fixes it though. It just makes the post-movie picture display. I can't input any commands and it goes black again pretty quickly).

And no, I'm not using 7H. Only have Reunion and Anxious Heart installed!

EDIT 1: It might be the movie skipping ability that's messing up the scene. I skipped the first part (with the shooting star) and the game sort of froze (the music still plays but it doesn't load onto the next scene.) Note that the music for the skipped movie also still plays (after that sound is over is when it doesn't move on). Edit 1 because I'm going to load up and try again only skipping the problem movie.

EDIT 2: Well the screen does not go black if you skip boogstar but... I can't control anything. Can't move Cloud around. Bugenhagen still floats up/down, music still plays, but I'd call it a form of hang anyways to be honest. (End of edits if you'd like to respond!)
« Last Edit: 2018-03-03 18:06:47 by mugenginga »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: 2018-03-03 18:23:41 »
Movie skipping comes with a caution.  It can mess up certain scenes. ;)
There should be a warning about that in the readme?

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #4088 on: 2018-03-03 18:45:01 »
Oh, well the initial bug I reported happens without skipping. I don't actually skip movies, I just tried it to see if I could get past the bug (the weird black thing). I literally can't advance in the game as things stand. :p

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: 2018-03-03 18:50:12 »
So this error happens all the time?  No matter what?  Do me a favour and see if it does it without reunion.  Ive heard of this issue before and it seems to happen randomly,  I can't see it being Reunion issue because I don't touch that stuff. It's either original game or aali's driver.  Also, see if you can get me a video of it happening.

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #4090 on: 2018-03-03 23:26:55 »
Uninstalled literally everything (including the game) and started from scratch. I can definitely say it's something Reunion (or Anxious Heart I suppose) is causing! I went through the scene with no mods (just the update and Aali's driver, the latter being installed indicates it's not the driver) and it proceeded properly. Once I installed Reunion, however, the glitch happened again (reloaded from the same save file). I don't know how to go about getting you a video, sorry. It seems like it glitches when Bugenhagen is supposed to say his next thing after the boogstar FMV. And I always install Reunion after Anxious Heart as you suggest (Reunion after other mods) if the order matters.

EDIT: And yes, adding that it always happens (with Reunion). I've tried different party members but I've attempted to go through the scene several times with Reunion, same issue. I think the only thing I haven't done is changed equipment and/or removed/changed materia.

PS - I didn't report it at the time cause it didn't break the game, was minor, and I thought it might be a memory fail on my part, but in hindsight it might somehow be related: I can't recall if the phrase "now" is supposed to come up during the junon march mini-game to signal when you should shoulder your rifle... if it is supposed to and I'm not just misremembering, though, it didn't. If that's supposed to come up, maybe it's somehow related to dialogue box cues? I'm no coder/programmer, so I just figured I'd throw that out there.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-03 23:32:56 by mugenginga »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: 2018-03-03 23:56:03 »
Uninstalled literally everything (including the game) and started from scratch. I can definitely say it's something Reunion (or Anxious Heart I suppose) is causing! I went through the scene with no mods (just the update and Aali's driver, the latter being installed indicates it's not the driver) and it proceeded properly. Once I installed Reunion, however, the glitch happened again (reloaded from the same save file). I don't know how to go about getting you a video, sorry. It seems like it glitches when Bugenhagen is supposed to say his next thing after the boogstar FMV. And I always install Reunion after Anxious Heart as you suggest (Reunion after other mods) if the order matters.

EDIT: And yes, adding that it always happens (with Reunion). I've tried different party members but I've attempted to go through the scene several times with Reunion, same issue. I think the only thing I haven't done is changed equipment and/or removed/changed materia.

PS - I didn't report it at the time cause it didn't break the game, was minor, and I thought it might be a memory fail on my part, but in hindsight it might somehow be related: I can't recall if the phrase "now" is supposed to come up during the junon march mini-game to signal when you should shoulder your rifle... if it is supposed to and I'm not just misremembering, though, it didn't. If that's supposed to come up, maybe it's somehow related to dialogue box cues? I'm no coder/programmer, so I just figured I'd throw that out there.

If you download a program called OBS it'll let you capture/record/stream gameplay footage.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: 2018-03-04 02:23:32 »
The thing is... I can't replicate it. And 99% of others can't.  It can't be Anxious Heart, since that's just a music update. It *could* be Reunion changes, but I don't see how.  It's a very strange thing. Do as suggested above.  OBS is a brilliant tool for it.  And send me your latest save.  I will look into it personally.

edit.  Models disappear during the FMV.  < this was fixed by tonysonico.  Perhaps some sort of mistake was made...  but I don't recall anything there that could do what the game is doing to you.  There is a further bug on that field already reported:
Code: [Select]
Models can sometimes be misplaced on field load. [NOT FIXED]

The Lifestream energy does not flow into Bugenhagen's sleeve [NOT FIXED].

Perhaps the first bug here is in some way related.  I couldn't replicate that, either.  Something is up on that map, though.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-04 02:26:29 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: 2018-03-05 08:19:59 »
?

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #4094 on: 2018-03-06 07:39:13 »
Sorry for the delay on this! I didn't muck with OBS' default settings much so the video is small and it's an .flv file but hopefully this works for you!: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oINxKde0u2P5D5vTAthZ3s5FrnEOLcLZ

And here's my save file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aIKhsNmjWmomKPEF7_Qzjb92BZoOMSpM

Both times the picture comes back is a result of me pressing start+select. Tried to move or do something both times but as always, no dice.

jmjohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #4095 on: 2018-03-06 17:37:27 »
Is it yet possible to use any of these mods on the PS4 version? Especially concerning the re-translation Beacause?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: 2018-03-06 17:39:38 »
Please also send me your app log from root ff7 folder (after the hang) - may help.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: 2018-03-06 19:01:56 »
No need.  I'm afraid tonysonico (or possibly Kaldarasha - I can't remember who edited what) has made a mistake here :P  There are changes here I was not aware of and one of them will definitely cause issues at that exact point.

bugin1c > AD > MAIN > 233. 
Code: [Select]
LABEL55
If Var[6][5] < 1169 (else goto label 56)
Save Movie frame in Var[6][5]
Wait 110 frame
Fades the screen to the colour RGB(0, 0, 0) (speed=1, type=4, adjust=0)
Goto label 55

That code there is wrong and will cause a serious issue (tonysonico added the code to fix a different bug).  The fade screen code has been moved inside a loop (and wait 110 frames is wrong too).  I will correct the field and send you it.  This is the only field that I didn't make the changes manually myself - and I didn't think any non relevant code was touched. 

This bug should really be happening to everyone, so I am not sure why more people are not reporting a hang there. I couldn't make it hang either, but it really should regardless.

« Last Edit: 2018-03-06 19:36:47 by DLPB »

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #4098 on: 2018-03-06 19:12:52 »
Oh! Here's the answer to what I asked in the PM, okay!

It may just be people haven't played through the game with the current version of Reunion? I do wonder why it's not happening to everyone though, that is so weird. I'm glad I could help you find such a catastrophic bug, though!
« Last Edit: 2018-03-06 19:19:16 by mugenginga »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: 2018-03-06 19:38:02 »
tonysonico remembers adding the change in code above to fix a different bug, but his change has added a new one.  I'll correct the code and send the fix here.  The length of that FMV is a little too long also - but it will have to stay that way.