Project forums > Aali's Custom FF7/FF8 Driver

Custom graphics driver for FF7/FF8 [v0.8.1b]

(1/79) > >>

Aali:
Covarr edit: 0.8.1b Download. To be removed if Aali's server ever comes back up.

http://backup.ninjaloot.se/share/ff7_opengl-0.8.1b.zip

Installation
1. Extract the archive into your ff7 or ff8 folder
FF7:
2a. Run FF7Config.exe to configure sound settings (the graphics configuration you can do at this point is irrelevant)
3a. Apply the registry information in ff7_opengl.reg
4a. Change your settings in ff7_opengl.cfg
FF8:
2b. Make sure EAX is properly installed (run EAXUnified.exe to install it if unsure)
3b. Change your settings in ff8_opengl.cfg
5. Play!

Changelog

* Fixed erroneous shader version that caused the shaders to require OpenGL 2.1 for no good reason
* Hopefully fixed transparency issues where some objects would turn opaque
* Changed default FPS for snowboard and coaster minigames to 60 and incorporated DLPB's fix for the coaster aimer
* Fixed derp that could make FF8 crash on startup
* Possible fix for the "couldn't lock sound buffer" error
* Fixed missing fade-outs when using the vgmstream plugin
* Popups are less obnoxious and should generally never repeat the same message twice
* Removed the "zero count" message, it was quite possibly the least helpful error message of all time
* Fixed z-sort issues in battle when using DLPB's menu overhaul (KOTR should work fine now)
* Fixed texture cache issue that could cause menu and dialog textures to be unloaded

If you find any issues, please post screenshots, relevant information from app.log and if possible, a savegame.
If you get a crash, provide a copy of crash.dmp and app.log (preferably in a zip archive, this will make it 10x smaller)

Kranmer:
Nice work Aali, gonna start testing it now quickly, works great on my laptop now as well :) thank you, Controller still not working in FF8.

Kaldarasha:

--- Quote from: Kranmer on 2014-01-11 15:27:03 ---Nice work Aali, gonna start testing it now quickly, works great on my laptop now as well :) thank you, Controller still not working in FF8.

--- End quote ---

Map the controller with keyboard keys.  :-P

Kranmer:

--- Quote from: Kaldarasha on 2014-01-11 15:36:38 ---Map the controller with keyboard keys.  :-P

--- End quote ---
I am currently having to do that using a old version of Xpadder (from when it was still freeware) but i really hate having to do so (i prefer native controller support)

Isuldor:
Working well here on my radeon 7900 with Catalyst 13.12.  Thanks for the update.

(Nevermind, see edit) Quick dumb question: I'm using Xpadder to remap my 360 wireless controller dpad to keyboard numpad keys so I can use both the dpad and the stick. Out of game the key mapping works, but in game the dpad input doesn't do anything.  Any advice?

Edit: Whups, figured it out. Xpadder has to be run as administrator.
Wow.  On an unrelated note, mapping numpad keys 9 and 3 to the right joystick makes running around the worldmap feel like a modern game! Now I can drive around using the two gamepad sticks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version