Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837458 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6200 on: 2017-09-24 23:10:45 »
Hello thanks for this amazing work! was on 1.4 a while ago but i stopped due to a bug in sidequest nevermind just started on the 1.5, is it normal to fight Zangan in first reactor ? It's like once i killed the boss the way back to elevator, always encounter him (yet around 10 times). Is it even possible to kill it at this moment? Or should i just try my luck until i don't meet with him?
Defending himself with cure 3 every few turns, and one shotting anybody.

Sounds like the wrong encounters are loading which can be due to either the Flevel not being correct or the Kernel being out of synch. Are you using Field screen mods?

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: 2017-09-25 14:09:54 »
Serious inquiry that I will put behind spoilers. Don't read this if you haven't finished the mod:

Spoiler: show
Is Pinnacle working correctly in Arranged? Or did you change your mind from before 1.5 was released? I remember mentioning that you wanted to have Normal mode the 1 on 1 fight and Arranged being 3 teams. That didn't happen as I only had to make 1 team in Arranged.

Not for nothing, but I also finally understand what it was that I found in the Lifestream in Cloud's head. "Ein Sof" indeed.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: 2017-09-26 01:41:31 »
Ah, it was supposed to be a 3-party battle but no big deal if it's still loading a 1-party; the 3-party fight was way too slow anyway.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: 2017-09-26 15:58:04 »
Ah, it was supposed to be a 3-party battle but no big deal if it's still loading a 1-party; the 3-party fight was way too slow anyway.

Well I dunno about that, I always thought that was a fun gimmick myself. Anyways, two more bugs or "bugs" to report:

- Juno seems to have a problem counting down correctly. I'm not sure what was happening but there were times when she would either get stuck at 5 or go back up to 5 after hitting 4 or whatever. Is that a bug or a mechanic of some sort?

- You know when you use a Summon and on the top it has the name of the attack. Well for KotR it is wildly off-centre compared to the rest of the summons.

Guilou

• View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: 2017-09-28 09:20:25 »
Sounds like the wrong encounters are loading which can be due to either the Flevel not being correct or the Kernel being out of synch. Are you using Field screen mods?
Yes i am using it.
By the way since that i am at shinra, trying to go down with the elevator but the boss battle don't begin, it breaks the windows, and the cta gauge never start moving.
May i do something, except de-activate nt mod for this boss? Missing on the way the next one i suppose too?

Thanks for last reply

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: 2017-09-28 12:59:59 »
Yes i am using it.
By the way since that i am at shinra, trying to go down with the elevator but the boss battle don't begin, it breaks the windows, and the cta gauge never start moving.
May i do something, except de-activate nt mod for this boss? Missing on the way the next one i suppose too?

Thanks for last reply

I would try running the game with only NT active, checking the fight to see if it works. If it doesn't, then 7H isn't installed correctly. But if it does work, then try activating your other mods one at a time, placing them above NT or below NT in the load order to see if they work/break the game. That way you should be able to isolate the cause of the problem.

Guilou

• View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: 2017-09-28 20:56:54 »
I would try running the game with only NT active, checking the fight to see if it works. If it doesn't, then 7H isn't installed correctly. But if it does work, then try activating your other mods one at a time, placing them above NT or below NT in the load order to see if they work/break the game. That way you should be able to isolate the cause of the problem.
Ok, i did as you said one by one, and wasn't able to found out which one made problems, it worked normally after that, thanks !

EvenThen

• View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: 2017-09-29 01:08:41 »
Would it be okay to ask what the items for the non-Barret dates are? I don't have recent saves to savescum from, and I don't really feel like restarting all the way from Wutai just to see what the other items are.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: 2017-09-29 01:18:44 »
Would it be okay to ask what the items for the non-Barret dates are? I don't have recent saves to savescum from, and I don't really feel like restarting all the way from Wutai just to see what the other items are.

It's a weapon specific to each character; you can buy them later from Icicle Inn. So where Barret gets a Microlaser, Tifa gets Dragon Claw, Red XIII gets an Adaman Clip, etc.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: 2017-09-29 12:57:07 »
So now that I finished 1.5, it's time to give my thoughts on the mod.... or rather it would be, if I had much to say. Because the truth is, I really don't. The mod is pretty much done at this point save for bug fixes and little tweaks here and there possibly. At least to me. It doesn't seem like much could or should be changed at this point. I was fine with the way balance was done in 1.4, but it was redone for 1.5. I'm fine with it here too. Really, there's only one thing I'd like to bring up, and that's Cid's innate:

Cid's innate is pretty powerful on its own but where I think it gets too strong is when it can start working through things like Resist or accessories that prevent Barrier's. That little trick can be used to great effect throughout the game and it seems too good to me. Is that a bug? This could still turn into a bug report too because there was another problem I ran into with his Innate one time. I'm not really sure what I did or how it happened, but somehow Cid got perma-Barrier'ed throughout the entirety of a long and tough boss fight. The bars were empty but the Barrier's were still there. Even after Death they persisted. So between those two issues, Cid's innate seems too good to me. If they could be fixed then it'd be fine but if not, I may have to ask about a thought on an innate change.

I will play through the mod again shortly and try to find as many bugs as I can for ya(When's that big patch coming by the way?). But by and large, I think you're almost at the point of closing the book on this wonderful mod.

I'm so glad I found this thing. Its truly spectacular and your work on it is just that. I know I've said it before, but I thank you for all of this. Joy to play.

zuloph

• View Profile
« Reply #6210 on: 2017-09-29 13:25:18 »
It's a weapon specific to each character; you can buy them later from Icicle Inn. So where Barret gets a Microlaser, Tifa gets Dragon Claw, Red XIII gets an Adaman Clip, etc.

On the Aeris date though she gets the Umbrella in case you don't want to run the 5000 point speed square.

Weisshuf

• View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: 2017-09-30 18:54:37 »
I'm currently in the forgotten city where aeris gets stabbed. Right before that, i had two options: [Wake up] and [Wait]. I dont know whats actually the difference because there was written something after [Wait], but I could only read the two characters "Sa", so I dont know what it wanted to tell me.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: 2017-09-30 23:01:08 »
I'm currently in the forgotten city where aeris gets stabbed. Right before that, i had two options: [Wake up] and [Wait]. I dont know whats actually the difference because there was written something after [Wait], but I could only read the two characters "Sa", so I dont know what it wanted to tell me.

People told me it wasn't really clear what the two options did, so I tried to add in brackets the effect the two choices would have. But I didn't expand the text box to accommodate it. 'Wait' results in Aeris being available for the rest of the game.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: 2017-10-03 08:49:20 »

Valiant Clod's defense does not become compromised after destroying its armor.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's working as intended.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-03 09:11:54 by Bowser9 »

LCRava

• View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: 2017-10-05 09:14:57 »
I am sorry if this has been posted before, but can someone please tell me exactly where should I put this mod in the 7thHeaven Load Order? I am using all models, textures and the menu overhaul mods. Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: 2017-10-05 09:46:52 by LCRava »

LCRava

• View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: 2017-10-05 12:23:59 »
If someone had the same question I did, I put this as the last mod on the list (lowest priority - first to get loaded) and it has worked great so far. I would also like to thank everyone that made mods for this game and especially Sega Chief. Your mod is awesome!

boozek

• View Profile
Re: Releasing a Mod
« Reply #6216 on: 2017-10-07 08:57:58 »
Hi folks, I tried to release a gameplay mod on the releases thread a few days ago but it's been locked to wait for moderator approval (damn you, due process). So figured I'd try and drum up some early interest in the meantime. Got a full(ish) list of what the mod does and it's features in this manual here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dzbq6cqq2c27ard/FF7+NT+Manual.doc

link does not work
can someone re-add a manual with all changes this mods includes?

« Last Edit: 2017-10-07 09:04:04 by boozek »

LCRava

• View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: 2017-10-07 11:24:46 »
Hi Sega Chief. Is there a way for me to send you some .png folders for you to check if they can be incorporated in your mod? I don’t know how to convert them to IRO in order to have them work with the rest of the mods in 7thHeaven and when I install your mod in the steam version they all get overwrited by your files. (My preference would be to have them working with 7thHeaven though).

Btw, I don’t know if this is the right place to report it and I apologize if it’s not, but I found a bug inside of Honey Bee Inn if you also have other texture and models loaded with 7thHeaven. The Northwest room will not load when you enter it (the screen stays black and the music looping).

Thanks again for the mod and the help! If you don’t mind, please send me a link so I can donate!
« Last Edit: 2017-10-07 14:06:59 by LCRava »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: 2017-10-07 13:49:25 »
Use Google Drive, Sega Chief.  Can edit and update there too rather than keep uploading.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: 2017-10-07 22:25:55 »
Hi Sega Chief. Is there a way for me to send you some .png folders for you to check if they can be incorporated in your mod? I don’t know how to convert them to IRO in order to have them work with the rest of the mods in 7thHeaven and when I install your mod in the steam version they all get overwrited by your files. (My preference would be to have them working with 7thHeaven though).

Btw, I don’t know if this is the right place to report it and I apologize if it’s not, but I found a bug inside of Honey Bee Inn if you also have other texture and models loaded with 7thHeaven. The Northwest room will not load when you enter it (the screen stays black and the music looping).

Thanks again for the mod and the help! If you don’t mind, please send me a link so I can donate!

I take it they're field backgrounds? I don't know how to do it either, to be honest. I've not really worked with those files at all. What I do know is that 7H can 'chunk' the field backgrounds down into separate files for each field screen. This is so that things like scripts and backgrounds can be implemented separately rather than overwriting each other.

But if they're overwriting field background mods then something's up. I'd better check I'm using the correct chunks.

Use Google Drive, Sega Chief.  Can edit and update there too rather than keep uploading.

Will do.

LCRava

• View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: 2017-10-07 23:34:25 »
I take it they're field backgrounds? I don't know how to do it either, to be honest. I've not really worked with those files at all. What I do know is that 7H can 'chunk' the field backgrounds down into separate files for each field screen. This is so that things like scripts and backgrounds can be implemented separately rather than overwriting each other.

But if they're overwriting field background mods then something's up. I'd better check I'm using the correct chunks.

Thanks for the reply. They are actually main characters and enemies sprites, avatars, models and textures for field, battle and world. They were meant to simply replace the folders in the steam version of the game and I have no idea how to convert them to IRO so I could use them with 7thHeaven.

I thought of asking you since you were able to convert your entire mod to work with 7thHeaven.

I can install them directly into the game folders before installing 7thHeaven and they’ll work fine that way but as soon as I install NT everything gets overwritten.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: 2017-10-09 01:00:27 »

Sega Chief, would you be able to update Shera's dialogue during Cid's Limit Quest to remind players what's needed to fix the Branco? That or allow us to talk to the Branco mechanic for the reminder.

I forgot completely as I was doing other things, but it should be helpful in case there are other players as forgetful as I am.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: 2017-10-09 09:01:30 »
Thanks for the reply. They are actually main characters and enemies sprites, avatars, models and textures for field, battle and world. They were meant to simply replace the folders in the steam version of the game and I have no idea how to convert them to IRO so I could use them with 7thHeaven.

I thought of asking you since you were able to convert your entire mod to work with 7thHeaven.

I can install them directly into the game folders before installing 7thHeaven and they’ll work fine that way but as soon as I install NT everything gets overwritten.

In that case, I can prob help with the models and stuff. I'll write up some steps when I get back from college/work combo tonight and then post them on wednesday. I've no router at home at the moment.

Sega Chief, would you be able to update Shera's dialogue during Cid's Limit Quest to remind players what's needed to fix the Branco? That or allow us to talk to the Branco mechanic for the reminder.

I forgot completely as I was doing other things, but it should be helpful in case there are other players as forgetful as I am.

Sure thing.

LCRava

• View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: 2017-10-09 11:54:55 »
In that case, I can prob help with the models and stuff. I'll write up some steps when I get back from college/work combo tonight and then post them on wednesday. I've no router at home at the moment.

Thank you much Sega Chief. Much appreciated.

LCRava

• View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: 2017-10-10 22:15:23 »
Hi Sega,

I’ve done some more testing. I was able to get all the models I told you about working with 7th Heaven by replacing the .png folders before even converting the game and installing 7th Heaven, so when I choose “no change” for the models I want, it correctly displays the swapped models as if they were the original.

Problem is, as soon as I either choose NT, or install it from the IRO, it crashes the game before it even loads.

In the case of the Steam version (I have both), it will overwrite it with your models.

So my question is, is there a way to have an IRO version of your mod with only the quests, difficulty, materia changes, etc... (without any models or textures)?

If not, would you be willing to check these out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThKu7PyyOQ&t=6s

to check what could be incorporated to your mod? It has new models for everything (including all characters, NPCs, enemies, some summons, etc...)?

I am loving everything about your mod besides the models and the ones at 7th Heaven do not work for me (besides Tifa and Barret).

I know I am asking for a lot and that you are very busy, so I wouldn’t mind donating some $$ or even sending you a router (I have an extra one at home) for your time helping me out with this!
« Last Edit: 2017-10-10 22:18:28 by LCRava »