Author Topic: [FF7PC] Red Werewolf  (Read 210126 times)

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Red Werewolf
« Reply #525 on: 2014-09-23 15:29:08 »
I've been working on another import project  and havent had time yet to start my first run through since i was 13. Has anyone gotten a chance to play around with Red Werewolf? Just curious if anything has been spotted that needs adjusting. Thanks

Leet

• Active member at other FF7 modding site - PM me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2014-09-23 21:12:50 »
I did add the legs i adjusted in to the 7th heaven iro and ran through a couple of scenes and i like it. you did a good job definitely something that everyone should try.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 2014-09-23 21:21:17 »
Thanks leet.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 2014-10-08 07:13:06 »
This mod really makes me think about grabbing the pc version from steam. Stuff like this sure is impressive and just pure creativeness.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2014-10-08 12:03:15 »
Thanks meesbaker. A lot of people and work was involved.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2014-11-05 22:24:48 »
Hello everyone. Long time no see. I just want to let everyone know, I've been hard at work with a version 2 of Red Werewolf. Now called WereXIII. I have been working with Leet and Jusete. Leet is a little known modder, but let me tell you. His work is genius. Together we perfected the model of a biped Red XIII and using the previous skeleton we already created from version 1 Leet is about finished with the import. Leet has done all the import work and it has not been an easy one, let me tell you. This thing is a masterpiece. I hope you all like it. Updates coming soon on a battle release and then a field conversion. :::ENJOY:::

« Last Edit: 2014-11-05 22:26:42 by WolfMan »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #531 on: 2014-11-06 00:53:18 »
Wow!!! A masterpiece indeed! Wonderful work WolfMan!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #532 on: 2014-11-06 02:48:41 »
Very cool. I look forward to adding it to the 7H catalog :)

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2014-11-06 03:26:40 »
Thanks guys. The import shouldnt take much longer. Just the hands and thighs left.

Leet

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2014-11-06 05:43:44 »
Just the jaw actually lol. Ive completed everything else and its looking good.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2014-11-06 17:13:15 »
Check here for future updates on WereXIII
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15720.0

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 2015-01-05 22:19:32 »
Is it required to replace kernel.bin and kernel2.bin of my hardcore modd install with the ones in this archive ?
Abd if so, why ?

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #537 on: 2015-01-06 00:05:47 »
Yes, bc otherwise the game will crash when you use any of Red XIII's limit breaks. Other than the necessary files nothing is changed so itll play the same way. Since you're overwriting core game files the 7H version is recommended.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 2015-01-09 06:56:45 »
I tried redwolf for tyhe first time. When I fight the first boss with him, the specimen in shinra's buildings, I was surprised by his new lvl1 limit !
900 damage to all oponents ! It's a lot, compared to his original limit

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2015-01-09 13:11:45 »
Which model are you using. The were lion or wolf? Just curious. The limit of 900hp is a little high maybe but he is a werewolf. Lol

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2015-01-09 20:19:12 »
I downloaded this file : Red Werewolf.7z, and installed the mod with direct version, no 7th heaven, all works great.
I didn't know there is 2 models lol

Jahiliyyah

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2015-09-02 18:24:07 »
I really like the new proportions. The last one suffered a lot when you tried to get the skeleton working.

Leet

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2015-09-02 22:05:54 »
Hi jahiliyyah. I did my absolute best when importing the model onto the skeleton so I am glad you like the end result.

Warwaff

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2020-04-10 08:26:35 »
Heya,

Sorry to thread necro, but I figured this would probably be the best thread to bump about having an issue with this mod.

I'm running 7th Heaven v2.0.3.406.

My current mods are, in order of loading:
Miscellaneous - Qh imm Catalog
Animations - Qhimm Catalog
Battle Models - Qhimm Catalog (Set to 5 - WolfMan - Red Werewolf)
Tsunamods Avalanche Arisen Battle Textures
Battle Textures - Qhimm Catalog
Field Models - Qhimm Catalog (Wolfman - Red Werewolf + Vanilla)
Field Textures - Qhimm Catalog
Gameplay - Qhimm Catalog
Media - Qhimm Catalog
Spell Textures - Qhimm Catalog
Enhanced Stock UI-rel2
ESUI Controller Addon
User Interface - Qhimm Catalog
World Models - Qhimm Catalog
World Textures - Qhimm Catalog

I have the character portrait set as well - though I didn't at first. So uh. In a nutshell, Red is planking, sliding around, and attempting to floss over Hojo, and seriously contorting his vertebrae in the world map. In battle, he's uh. He looks like he got in a fight with a woodchipper and lost. I was streaming when it happened, you can view the issue here, https://youtu.be/UOoQmM83_EQ?t=4640 It looks like Hojo seriously messed the poor little guy up. Also, the moment where he pops back up onto both legs and gripes about not liking two-legged things was kind of golden and his claim to have been acting as he spun like a top was rather utterly entertaining.

Joking aside, I think this particular mod may need to be split back out into its own IRO to do its own animation+model+other overrides because it looks like something is partially pre-empting it. Does anyone have the original, not-combined IRO kicking around anywhere? I tried to Google and find a link to an old catalog, but I'm having no luck!

Any help would be appreciated!

Kyofu1020

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2020-04-26 08:20:42 »
Similar issue, sorry but I did not watch the entirety of the segment, but I actually can't see the new model at all. Honestly, the battle model looks....... well, to put it bluntly, like an amalgamation of another person's version, this one, and a few Flans. No head to speak of, and it kind of is creepy. Additionally, the model continues to fight like old Red, not the Red you showed. So.... I'm just a little creeped out and more worried that I won't get to see the real product.

Kyofu1020

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 2020-04-26 21:01:42 »
Okay, I figured out the issue with the battle model. All I know is that I messed with the settings of the other battle models, world models, field models, reinstalled 7th Heaven, reinstalled the mods I had, and tried again. The result was a very nice looking Werelion Red XIII. At the same time, I believe this has to do with choosing models that are consistent with the other characters. Shortly after I found this, I made Aerith's model be unchanged, reloaded the game, and the game was in it's old graphics. After I changed it back, it looked right. I haven't gone back to the introduction of Red XIII, but I'm guessing there might be a similar issue dealing with the field models. Might get to it later tonight, depends.

Kyofu1020

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2020-04-27 08:19:42 »
Okay, so I tried again, the field model works (I say works, but I mean that it's animations probably don't always work because my game does the same thing Warwaff's game did, but as I went further, the model did it's own animations, with a few.... yoga lessons....) for the most part, but the battle model is affected by other characters' battle models, field models, and/or something else. If you are experiencing an issue with the battle model, reset the settings of the model mods and see what works with it. The biggest thing I've found with it is to try to let the battle model lead you. For me, I fiddled around with models to see why Red was looking bad. Specifically, I kept Red in my party after I left Midgar, saved, and got into a random battle. If the model looked bad, I quit and looked at my mods again. My mods are very similar to your's (Warwaff's), but I did take out a few things or add (too tired to look). I've gotten it working, but I would like an improvement to the field model at some point.