Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] SeeD Reborn (v3.5) - Menu/GUI/Font Overhaul *ALL LANGUAGES*  (Read 235951 times)

olearyf2525

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] SeeD Reborn - FF8 Menu Overhaul v3.5 *UPDATED*
« Reply #400 on: 2017-06-25 13:33:38 »
Yes - SeeDReborn v3.2-v3.5 use the same hashmaps and should be used with the latest version of Tonberry :)

In the next few weeks, this mod will get the following work:

1.  Italian Release! (v3.5) - I may release a v3.2, but at a later date
2.  English v3.21 - Glitch/Alignment fixes (Clean-up)
3.  Foreign Language Packs v3.21 - Glitch/Alignment fixes (Probably a few months out, TBH)
4.  Foreign Language Packs v3.5 - (Probably will release at the same time as the v3.21 updates)

Also, by August/September there will be a HUGE update!

SeeDReborn v4.0 Modernized UI and Theme Packs
[English Only]

Includes:
     - "Themes"  --  In the works:  Main Theme, Rinoa Theme, FFVII Inspired Theme, FFIX Inspired Theme
     - Updated/condensed hashmaps
     - Updated/Condensed Files (Mod will be 1/3 the size of v3.5)
     - Faster loading times due to less memory draw/injection
     - Custom UI colors/icons to match futuristic FF8 'feel'.
     - Updated Header Text
     - New Borders
     - Various Overhauled Elements and Limit Break Sprites

Optional Downloads:
     - Title Screen Selections
     - Character/GF Avatar Selections (Theme Variations)
     - Text Window Color/Gradient selections
     - Colorblind Version (Main Theme Only)
     - Font Selections:  Modern (v3.5), Classic (v3.2), and the Various Theme Fonts (Inspired by Balamb, FF7, FF9) [Will also provide link to Yagami Lights PS1 HD font replacement thread]

As you can see, I'm skipping right to version 4 due to several updates to the UI as well as the option for using different "Themes".  This version of the mod is meant to give FF8 a more modern look and feel to align more properly with the story of the game as well as giving customizable theme options.  The 'classic' version of SeeDReborn (v3.2) was designed to be 'as close to the original game' in it's appearance and feel and will essentially become the Classic Theme.  With 3.5, I took a true modder's approach, and I'm continuing in that vein to provide a more customized and unique FF8 experience.

If anyone out there wants to help out with any of the icons, fonts or themes let me know!  The more people that contribute, the faster the community gets a release!  If no one contributes, this might take me until December ;)  If that's the case, I will be releasing each "Theme" in stages, so there will be -something- to download by Sept.

Also - if there's anyone out there who might be able to help me with an installer for this mod to make customization easier, please contact me!
Can't wait!

Mcindus

• Freak
  • Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] SeeD Reborn - FF8 Menu Overhaul v3.5 *UPDATED*
« Reply #401 on: 2017-08-15 22:35:15 »
Italian version of SeeDReborn v3.5 is now available on the first post!!!

FINALLY!

But - I made it up to you guys -- you basically have SeedReborn v3.6 - your own 'extra' updated version -- ENJOY!! 

(If you prefer the 3.2 font, you can use the 'sy' folder from the 3.2 release and just move/replace the one from this version)

XxXManuXxX

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
yayyyyyyyyyyyyy,
As soon as I get home I try it right away, Now I can not try it, because I'm on vacation hehe
thank you so much MCINDUS

italian's Loving you hahaha

Mcindus

• Freak
    • View Profile
yayyyyyyyyyyyyy,
As soon as I get home I try it right away, Now I can not try it, because I'm on vacation hehe
thank you so much MCINDUS

italian's Loving you hahaha

So I'm dying to hear what you think :)

robpolsen

• View Profile
Italian Really loving you  :-D :-D :-D :-D

kakaro

• View Profile
Hello,

I can't download the French Pack.
I'm block on AddFly, and when i click on "skip add" i'm redirect on a new tab (white) and i can't download the file.

Can you help me, or upload it on a new site ?

Thanks

larax

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Hi,

I installed SeeD Reborn 3.2 with spanish package and i'm having some bugs in some places. For example the "time battle bar" looks like this:

Has anyone else had that problem? Thanks very much

Mcindus, great job! your dedication in improving ff8 is impressive.

m0zz

• View Profile
Hi,

i can't get a proper display with seed reborn and the french version.

with reborn 3.5 and reborn 3.5 hash,  letters are perfect but not numbers :

with reborn 3.5 and french language pack (ic textures) and french hash , i have the numbers but the letters are kind weird, some are missing :

>> french textures /french hash

>> eng textures /  original hash

also i don't have the elemental pictos with eng. hash and i have them with french textures / french hash

but for now i prefer the look with reborn 3.5 eng and eng hash, i mean all letters are well shape but i'd like to have the numbers too (and the pictos would be great but if not it's ok)

any idea ? thx (and thx for all those mods guys, i re discover this game and i enjoy playing it)

m0zz

• View Profile
problem kinda solved. I have put my game in english, everything is fine now

shikulja

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
I made a .bat script, to transfer new versions of Seed Reborn for
old version of FF8 (compatible with Aali's Driver)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dPOfCawdhlyjRAASEgcgCJL6AyXE7uKS/view?usp=sharing
Several palettes could not move from iconfl 0-1-2-3 because I do not know which numbers these colors have.
If anyone is interested, you can finalize.
==
I hope Mcindus and the others, you can write a document how to correctly redraw the texture, I manually redraw the 2.x version when often began to update, I just abandoned ..
For example, how to align, how to quickly make all palettes, and what font parameters of text, shadows and colors, so as not to select manually

Xiraiya

• View Profile
I don't know if this is the best place for this but I thought I'd ask.

I'm looking to find out if it's possible get the PSX Font working on the current PC version of FF8 through using a mod such as this. I quite like the sharp blocky look of the PSX font and was hoping to get it and the original PSX Button icons working with the current PC version for a somewhat more vanilla FF8 experience, I grabbed the PSX Music replacement mod and also grabbed the FMV mod that uses the higher res version of the FMV videos from  the old version of FF8 on PC.

So you can understand what I'm going for here, I'm just trying to scrounge together the different parts of FF8 that were better in different versions but still "Vanilla" if that makes sense. I'm not looking to bog the game down with HD fan stuff.

Mcindus

• Freak
    • View Profile
I don't know if this is the best place for this but I thought I'd ask.

I'm looking to find out if it's possible get the PSX Font working on the current PC version of FF8 through using a mod such as this. I quite like the sharp blocky look of the PSX font and was hoping to get it and the original PSX Button icons working with the current PC version for a somewhat more vanilla FF8 experience, I grabbed the PSX Music replacement mod and also grabbed the FMV mod that uses the higher res version of the FMV videos from  the old version of FF8 on PC.

So you can understand what I'm going for here, I'm just trying to scrounge together the different parts of FF8 that were better in different versions but still "Vanilla" if that makes sense. I'm not looking to bog the game down with HD fan stuff.

There's actually a font mod that's around.... what I recommend doing for your experience is getting SeeD Reborn 3.2, and then installing the PSX-style font replacement over the top of it.  3.2 is a 'close to the PC' version, but for the PSX text, someone has re-created it for use with SeeDReborn hashes. Not sure where the link is, but it installs right over the top of SeeDReborn (any version) - and you should be able to find it easily.

Xiraiya

• View Profile
There's actually a font mod that's around.... what I recommend doing for your experience is getting SeeD Reborn 3.2, and then installing the PSX-style font replacement over the top of it.  3.2 is a 'close to the PC' version, but for the PSX text, someone has re-created it for use with SeeDReborn hashes. Not sure where the link is, but it installs right over the top of SeeDReborn (any version) - and you should be able to find it easily.

That sounds basically perfect, I'll go looking around for it. Thanks alot.

Xiraiya

• View Profile
So after trying various things I've spent the last day or so grabbing and restoring the PSX font by hand using the SeeD Hashmap, thankfully the text palettes all line up perfectly with the original PSX text and so the colors and usage and everything seem to be displaying properly at fullscreen

Side note: There's 2 versions of the old PSX style font by the way, they look identical but one is significantly more broken looking when used in game because for some reason in that one they remove all the "grey" parts of the white and it looks noticeably simplified and shitty, just a guess but this seems to be what the old PC version used as the default when Hi-Res wasn't turned on which is very weird to me why they'd do that (It has "GAME FOLDER" characters instead of "MEMORY CARD" so that's how I deduced it was for the PC version). The actual PSX font with the "MEMORY CARD" characters in the font sheet (and also the font used in my screenshot) is a lot more "complete" looking.

However, as you can see there is something wrong here, the Icon sheets that SeeD uses don't map 1:1 to the original icon palettes like the fonts do, which is why we get this white text. I have been able to fix 95% of that before I took this screenshot but I was still finding every so often an arrow or a symbol in different circumstances would be pulling from the wrong palettes and I decided that rather than pick through ever intance of misuse in the game I'd rather ask here instead about how I might go about using Tonberry and Berrymapper to get the Icon palettes to match 1:1 with the game defaults. (This is to override the Icons in the Hires folder with the original Icons, they've been split into quadrants to match the Hires versions)

I do still wish I could find where the game decides to use "B10" and stuff to try and replace that text with the PSX buttons, that would be the Icing on the cake, the work arounds are messy and frankly don't look very good even when done properly to me. I'll keep digging.
« Last Edit: 2018-02-19 01:01:31 by Xiraiya »

Mcindus

• Freak
    • View Profile
So after trying various things I've spent the last day or so grabbing and restoring the PSX font by hand using the SeeD Hashmap, thankfully the text palettes all line up perfectly with the original PSX text and so the colors and usage and everything seem to be displaying properly at fullscreen

However, as you can see there is something wrong here, the Icon sheets that SeeD uses don't map 1:1 to the original icon palettes like the fonts do, which is why we get this white text. I have been able to fix 95% of that before I took this screenshot but I was still finding every so often an arrow or a symbol in different circumstances would be pulling from the wrong palettes and I decided that rather than pick through ever intance of misuse in the game I'd rather ask here instead about how I might go about using Tonberry and Berrymapper to get the Icon palettes to match 1:1 with the game defaults. (This is to override the Icons in the Hires folder with the original Icons, they've been split into quadrants to match the Hires versions)

I do still wish I could find where the game decides to use "B10" and stuff to try and replace that text with the PSX buttons, that would be the Icing on the cake, the work arounds are messy and frankly don't look very good even when done properly to me. I'll keep digging.

Download SeeDReborn 3.5 and look through the master files that I have to make sense of where the icons go.  I have a master text file around here with a list of where the palettes get paged in tonberry, but I can't seem to find it right now lol.  Also, download the PSX controller button mod to see what I did to modify the buttons.  They go in the 'green' master text file... in sy/sysfld00(and sysfld01) somewhere.  This may all change in the future, but for probably the next 6 months will work that way.  When/if it gets 'fixed', it will also enable the mod to be much smaller.