Author Topic: change limit break for another one?  (Read 22292 times)

Jeet

• View Profile
Re: change limit break for another one?
« Reply #25 on: 2014-11-15 09:36:24 »
Good news, i thought weird the fact that only Vincent could be able to transform on PC, now we know its possible for all chars ;)

edit: now you can try others change with a tool like LIBRE, to give red13 a limits break like " give 255% stats" additional, barrier,mdbarrier, haste etc. To "justify" the transformation ( unless you prefer the official limit like your video)
« Last Edit: 2014-11-15 09:41:50 by Jeet »

jusete

• https://www.paypal.me/JRGV
    • View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #26 on: 2014-11-15 11:05:21 »
Thanks for your help Jeet, now we just need to know how to make the limit load an unused model, so that it does not interfere with vincent limit. xD

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2014-11-15 13:00:41 »
Np, i dont think there is unused model, or at least on the PSX

You have to solutions for this, the first and easiest, is to give to vincent limit 1 , another character than gallian beast (werewolf here), like chaos for example, this will end with :

vincents
limit1:chaos
limit2:deathgigas
limit3:hellmask
limit4:chaos

If you want vincent's limit unchanged there is another way

Vincents have a total of 7 models

the 4 monsters , and 3 others : vincent1 with gun, vincent2 with shotgun, vincent3 with rifles

So instead of erasing the gallian beast of vincent, you can use for red13 one of 3 vincents model ( swaped with werewolf)

FOR PSX ( and maybe for PC)

00= gallian
01=gigas
02=mask
03=chaos

04=vincent with gun
05=vincent with shotgun
06=vincent with rifle

Lets say you will use vincents shotgun 3D model (05) for werewolf

The result will be that all vincent's limits will be untouched BUT when u will equip a shotgun for vincent, he will be redwerewolf, to fix this just go in wallmarket and change all the shotguns ID to any gun or rifle ID.

How to do it? notice that in every animation script i gave you there is a value that never change , this is AC 00, just change AC 00 to AC 05 and red13 will transform into vincent(shotgun) , now just swap vincent shotgun model with redwerewolf, and ofc restore the default gallian beast model.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #28 on: 2014-11-15 16:41:55 »
This is the way it is for PC too. It's also the reason Vincent can't transform back from his limits, but that's another story.

It's the Death Penalty that will only use Vincent's kills, not the transformations only transforming Vincent's model. This is totally possible on the PC and requires the same modifications. Due to the complexity of the battle.lgp it's not as easy to do.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2014-11-15 19:53:57 »
All the pyramid models can be replaced, as can one of the ball models.  I forget which **AA file it is, but it's right after the xcannon IIRC

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2014-11-15 20:47:38 »
The problem is that vincent script only works for vincent's models (the 7 models i cited earlier)

I even tried to use some of barret's model and its impossible, even if both barret and vincent change their entire 3D model depending on their weapons , the value that follow AC , only concern one of the 7 vincents.

I tried to use the script of the nibel wolves, they summon another wolf, so i thought i could summon any entities in the game using the same method than vincent script, but looks like this only transform the summoner into a clone, without texture

To summarize i dont think you can combine vincent's animation script with other model that vincent's.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2014-11-16 00:31:37 »
Let's say Galian Beast's ID is SJAA, I'm saying to copy all of those files and rename them over one of the existing pyramids.  Then have the main character's **AB script altered to call the overwritten pyramid model.   This way, Galian Beast (SJAA) can remain the same for Vincent's limit, but another character could summon the new, overwritten model.

Of course I have no idea if you can actually set which model ID is called, but if so, I don't see why this wouldn't work.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2014-11-16 12:42:05 »
Thats the problem, the model ID you call are limited to only one of vincent's model, but even if u set one of them into an unused pyramid it wont works, only character from SJAA(and the others vinsents) can be summoned

its simple, on the script the first id : 00 is gallian beast, after 06 ( vincent model with rifle) all others models  will be "clones" of the summoner

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #33 on: 2014-11-16 18:12:22 »
Thanks for the info Jeet, It is  good alternative but the sripts o pc are a bit direrents and I have a problem:

VINCENT SCRIPT

Galian beast: E0 EA F4 19 F3 D8 01 29 00 E2 C5 F3 C9 F4 01 F3 CA A2 11 F1 AC 01 FC

gigas: E0 EA F4 19 F3 D8 01 29 00 E2 C5 F3 C9 F4 01 F3 CA A2 11 F1 AC 02 FC

mask: E0 EA F4 19 F3 D8 01 29 00 E2 C5 F3 C9 F4 01 F3 CA A2 11 F1 AC 03 FC

chaos: E0 EA F4 19 F3 D8 01 29 00 E2 C5 F3 C9 F4 01 F3 CA A2 11 F1   ???????

Are the numbers in red color that I need to change to load the vincent models? Chaos script do not have the AC 04 values?

RED XIII SCRIPT

Limit 1: E0 EA F4 19 F3 EC F0 D8 00 1A 00 2D D1 20 03 00 00 04 F0 F7 06 2E 2F FA F0 30 E5 EE 00 E8 FC

Limit 1.2: E0 EA F4 19 F3 EC 2C E5 EE E8 FC

Limit 2: E0 EA F4 19 F3 EC 2C F0 2D E5 EE 00 00 E8 FC

Limit 2.2: E0 EA F4 19 F3 EC F0 D8 00 1A 00 2D D1 20 03 00 00 04 F0 F7 06 2E 2F FA F0 30 E5 EE 00 E8 FC

Limit 3: E0 EA F4 19 F3 EC 2C 2D 2E E5 EE 00 00 E8 FC

Limit 3.2: E0 EA F4 19 F3 EC 2C F0 2D E5 EE 00 00 E8 FC

Limit 4: E0 EA F4 19 F3 EC 2C E5 EE

When I change the galian beast script of vincent to limit 1.2 of RedXIII all is ok (like the video) but when I change the  gigas script to the 1.2 the model of Redwere appears again. Any ideas?¿

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2014-11-16 18:39:19 »
This is not exactly the same script that on PSX but , i can see that u made a mystake that why u dont see chaos script

Gigas is not :

E0 EA F4 19 F3 D8 01 29 00 E2 C5 F3 C9 F4 01 F3 CA A2 11 F1 AC 02 FC

It is :

AC 01 E0 EA F4 19 F3 D8 01 29 00 E2 C5 F3 C9 F4 01 F3 CA A2 11 F1

It mean the starting value of the script is AC XX, not E0 (unlike most of others playable characters)

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #35 on: 2014-11-16 19:34:09 »
You are right, xD. I changed the correct values and it works perfectly. So now I need to replace vincent model for red were and then and edit the id of vincent with shotgun. Weapons will be the same? Thanks for your help!

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #36 on: 2014-11-17 21:32:35 »
How I can do to not run the attack of the limit when I change to a redwere?

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2014-11-17 22:06:27 »
You could just alter the limit in libre to change stats or something.

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #38 on: 2014-11-17 22:21:28 »
I mean remove the animation that appears after the limit. In my video, when red13  becomes redWere, just after running her limit break with their animations. With libre could be removed?

Thanks!

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2014-11-18 00:45:43 »
Yeah you can do it in libre by changing the animation ID to an empty one like the one you will find on Vincent's limits. Also you can change the effects of the limit there so it actually does something. It could also change status or add the hero drink property.

It depends on the limit, though. Some are Kernel controlled, others are controlled in libre. The mnu has priority but it does not cover all attacks and effects. For instance Cloud's Finishing Touch is defined in libre to kill all targets but has a special property letting it deal damage if the enemy is immune to that. Now where is this damage defined?

In the kernel you will find a copy of Finishing Touch that deals damage and is called by the special property of the original one. So altering FT basically is done in libre but when the condition is kept the FT that is done on enemies immune to death is inside the Kernel.

All I wanna say is that you may have to use wallmarket as well.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-18 00:51:59 by meesbaker »

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #40 on: 2014-11-18 21:13:25 »
Thanks a lot meesbaker, It works perfectly.

You know how I can edit the animation of the enemies for make them playable?

Example: I changed the model of vincent to rufus, with all his animations, but when I try to attack the animation is not the same that he uses when is an enemy. How I can fix that?

Thanks!!!

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2014-11-18 23:02:57 »
Enemies use to have multiple attack animations. They have custom attacks instead of the regular commands that players use and more than one attack may be a physical blow. What you have to do is get the name of the attack whose animation you want for the attack command, then you open SCENE.BIN in proudclod and look up which animation this is using. Locate the scene containing the correct enemy, click the tab for animations/formations and note the animation ID that is used.

Now you must only find the first attack animation inside the lzs file and then you must only count. Note that animation ID 00 will not have to be animation 0 from the .lzs model as this contains all the standard animations like standing, receiving damage etc...I do not know what order they have but as the dying animationis also referred to here the ID may be correct after all.

Ultimately you must know which of Vincent's animationsthat you replaced was the one for attacking. Once you got all the information you can swap it for the animation of the desired enemy attack.

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #42 on: 2014-11-19 11:45:08 »
wow, thanks  meesbaker. Where are the lzs files located? I don't find them

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #43 on: 2014-11-19 13:07:54 »
wow, thanks  meesbaker. Where are the lzs files located? I don't find them

If you're using the PC then you'll have to modify the files in the battle.lgp.

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #44 on: 2014-11-19 13:16:24 »
You mean the **da file rigth?

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2014-11-19 17:51:39 »
Oh yeah sorry for that. Sometimes I just refer to the psx formats as Im used to work with them. Forget what I wrote about the battle models, on PC they do not contain animations. You must look into the files containing animations.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2014-11-19 18:53:36 »
Yes, the file needed is the one u showed earlier ( vincent's script, red13 etc) , the key to  play as enemies is in this file, but there is a lot of things to change, thats very hard to explain in one post

Like Meesbaker said, u need to know  the listing of every animations ( standing, hurt, dead, attack, magic etc), you know where the limit break are since you modified them already ( in the end of the file, starting with E0 most of times)

But there is other things to change, called the animations offset, all players share the same animations script offset ( with sometimes small differences, like vincent , he have only 4 limits break, cait sith have less , etc)

On PC the file structure is  like this, its far more simple than on PSX :

1/model data information ( 68 bytes length if i remember well, not sure)no need to modify this part

2/animation script offset (u must copy paste a player animation script offset to make an enemy playable)

3/animation scripts ( since u erased the original offsets for a player script offet u need to modify the animations script as well, thats why u need to know the order of every animations) YOU need to know what value is what ( sry for my english :p ), like E8 = load effect, EE = end of animation, etc, i think NT1FC listed a lot of theses values somewhere in the forum.U need this to create your own animations script, because if u just copy paste already existing enemy' animation script that wontbe always exact,for shotgun like rufus, its more complicated u need even more values for the "fire" effect on his gun,the sound, etc.

Character like rufus can be played without problem, since they have the same size that playable characters, for huge bosses( like in my video) u need more steps.

« Last Edit: 2014-11-19 18:58:13 by Jeet »

jusete

• View Profile
    • Donate here
« Reply #47 on: 2014-11-19 20:26:49 »
woaa thansk for the info guys, It seems that this need a lot of work. Well I will try to do somenting, but I dont have much hope of getting something :'( :'(