Author Topic: [Dreamfall Chapters Patch] Terrible post effects must be disableable.  (Read 3176 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Last Edit: 2014-11-23 23:13:15 by LeonhartGR »

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Voodooman's quote:
At the moment im working on separation of bloom shader from lense flare and lense dirty shaders, but i have not yet found exact shader file that does lens flares and lens dirty, there are few files which names suggest they do that, but i cant yet say which one exactly does it and which is unused. Also i notticed that depending from area there is different texture used for lens dirty and different lens flares applies, not sure if this all in single shader.

I wish devs to give tip at least in which of shader and assets files they have lens dirt and flare code, because im really tired of dumping, editing, injecting shaders and restarting game over and over again :-(

For anyone interested in helping with the project:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/237850/discussions/0/617319460809356048/?tscn=1416776830

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Dreamfall Chapters Voodooman’s patches updated video 1
« Reply #2 on: 2014-12-01 01:39:27 »
Open with chrome for 1920x1080 60fps

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Explain to me what use 60fps footage is for a game that can't even maintain 30.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
I've run FRAPS and it clearly counts up to 60, lowest framerate that I got was 44 actually but only for an instance. Are you watching with chrome?

You are right... with the latest update I'm getting 29-50 fps. I'm not sure what's wrong... maybe the game is not optimized well. I use a GTX 760, i5 4-core processor, 8 GB RAM.

Ok tested thoroughly with FRAPS. It gives 40-60 in certain areas in the game and 30-40 in others. In some other maps like Zoe's house or the castle with Albane it gives more than 100.

Well capturing at 60 fps shows the camera movement and the general movement a bit smoother than 30. At least that's what looks like to me. If something's wrong with the particular video in certain areas it doesn't mean that capturing at 60 fps is pointless since the game gives more than 30 fps in some areas.

So what did you think of this patch Covarr? This is the actual meaning of making this video though... not the actual frames per second.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-02 03:37:03 by LeonhartGR »