Author Topic: KONAMI HIRING FOR BRAND NEW METAL GEAR SERIES  (Read 5580 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
KONAMI HIRING FOR BRAND NEW METAL GEAR SERIES
« on: 2015-03-21 09:54:44 »

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
Re: KONAMI HIRING FOR BRAND NEW METAL GEAR SERIES
« Reply #1 on: 2015-03-21 16:30:09 »
Konami just committed suicide, it's like disney firing mickey mouse

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #2 on: 2015-03-22 00:59:36 »
Are you referring to Kojima's disposal? I've heard about that. But the article talks about hiring for completing the new MGS earlier. I think I got lost with your response somewhere...

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-03-22 03:39:19 »
I'm pretty sure it's a result of some kind of fallout with kojima and his team. I mean... when had that guy ever rushed his games

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #4 on: 2015-03-22 23:29:19 »
I'm not sure since there's not been anything official about the KONAMI position. Of what I've heard it's his independent company that is put at risk atm mostly. I hope they are all rumors for an April fools day joke... :D Or else they might reconsider the development of the new SH as well which looks badass and I will be very sad if it will only remain as a demo...

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-03-30 19:47:16 »
R.I.P. Konami.
R.I.P. Kojima.
R.I.P. Metal Gear.

What's the latest good quality game released by Konami, aside of MG related games?
It has some good IPs completely abandoned, like Suikoden amongst my favourites jRPG series ever.
Dan't say PES, please. That would be a very bad joke.  :x
Konami casted to itself the Death Sentence spell, very long ago.  :'(

I wonder if Kojima will be able to invent new good IPs, or if he will get employed by another company like Square Enix or a western one like Electronic Arts.  ::)

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-03-30 19:56:58 »
Sounds like Konami needs to press up up down down left right left right B A start.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2015-03-30 21:27:24 »
Sounds like Konami needs to press up up down down left right left right B A start.
Really? I don't think they have any tricks under their sleeve, though. They simply can't do better anymore.
All they want to do nowadays is survive milking Metal Gear and the long time inferior soccer game series PES.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2015-03-30 21:45:42 »
Eh, they're making their best attempts with Castlevania, and Silent Hills sill has a lot of potential to be great.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2015-03-30 22:37:50 »
Eh, they're making their best attempts with Castlevania, and Silent Hills sill has a lot of potential to be great.
Unless I've missed a new Castlevania game being developed right now, the last 3 games were developed completely by MercurySteam, a Spanish independent team.
While pretty good games, these weren't the now-classic SotN style since Konami acted only as the IP holder, nothing more.
Though I've heard some very weird rumour about Kojima giving a few tips to the team (shouldn't that be Koji Igarashi? Who, by the way, abandoned Konami in 2014 :cry:).

Silent Hills... well, still too early to be hyped, if you even like that game series. But yeah.

Someone, somewhere, should write an epic story on what has happened to Konami in the last decade or so. It would be fun sad to read.
The same happened in the last decade or more with most classic AAA japanese 3rd parties: "$quare €nix", "Crapcom"... the only one still somehow surviving well is Bandai Namco.

PS: Come on people! Open your eyes! I'm not happy with that at all, but that's how it is. :cry:

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2015-03-31 08:34:27 »
I wonder if Kojima will be able to invent new good IPs, or if he will get employed by another company like Square Enix or a western one like Electronic Arts.

He only needs to say on kickstarter that he may think about a new tactic shooter and would properly need 3million $ ...
I guess he reaches the goal in one or two months.
Kickstarter has become the biggest villain for big concerns and now with a free UT4 engine for idea demonstrations it can become even worse for them.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #11 on: 2015-04-01 12:43:35 »
Google may donate like they did with project Morpheus! :P :P