Author Topic: New Menu overhaul possible if game already modded with bootleg?  (Read 3284 times)

Godlift

• View Profile
Hi I am new to modding and I am loving every bit of it.

My question is although i already modded my game with bootleg, is it possible to use the newer battle menu overhaul (cant seem to find a link to it or know if its possible) or will i have to try my luck with 7th heaven? also will i be able to upgrade to the 8.1 aali driver and still use the mods already installed with bootleg? thanks so much for all the help.

The reason why i prefer bootleg is because it is simpler for my feeble mind to understand however i am willing to chage to 7th heaven.

Also if i do change to 7th is it possible to keep the portraits, battle.lgp, char.lgp, world.lgp and the crisp load game menu (the original one however it looks crisper) from bootleg. and if so how would i go about doing that? I know that the mods would replace mine and I wasnt sure if i would be able to just pop them back in or if i would have to convert them in some way to work with the 7th heaven (is that possible/how do i make them iro files?)

sorry for all the questions, I am new and trying to understand all this information. I would like to thank everyone for there amazing work on these mods and this website.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
Check out this link on how to use 7th Heaven for a rough install: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0
You'll need to make sure the type of mod you want to use currently is in the top of the list.  The way it works is it'll load what file is in the iro according to the xml if it has configurations.  So basically say you have to versions of menu's in different folders if you go that route.  In active the one with the top gets the priority over the others that modify the same files.  Though the link I provided gives you most of what you can get through bootleg.  The one who put the tuts together for both of them is heading up a joined catalog used to supply auto updates install and such.  If you still need more help and info let me know.  Also 7th Heaven keeps your original files intact so you do not need to worry about backing them up.

Godlift

• View Profile
Thanks for the reply!

I have three questions

1. Is there a way i can make my battle.lgp a iro file? because I have ripped models and want to enjoy them and from what i understand about 7th heaven this would need to be turned into an iro file? correct me if im wrong here :/

2. the menu overhaul question i posted about was simply a misunderstanding it seems that the menu must have been using the 9999 break because it was longer and looked more sleak. would I have to use 9999 break to get that menu? I essentially don't want to break 9999 cap but i want that longer battle menu is this possible?

3. this is completely off topic sorry i still hope you can answer it.

I am using bootlegs anxious heart with ff7music however there are some points in the game when the music cuts out completly however sound remains. this lasts until a new song would have been played such as starting a battle. At first this wasn't a major problem but once i got to the flashback scene and the music stoped when sephiroth went crazy i knew this had to be solved. do you know of any way to fix this problem on ff7music?

If it is solved in 7th heaven thats good news however if theres a solution for ff7music on let me know please :)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
1. should be in the catalog you can get by the link I provided
2. Not entirely sure but you can always try it with 7th Heaven and then turn it off it you don't like it.  There is a configure options in the active mods portion.
3. I haven't had to much of an issue with 7th Heaven on that end.