Author Topic: FFX on Pcsx2  (Read 12842 times)

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
FFX on Pcsx2
« on: 2008-08-29 11:54:30 »
Hey guys, in need of a bit of help if possible.
A while back, my PS2 died, so I had a useless copy of FFX lying about, I eventually bought a PS3 but as luck would have it (mines being bad), I got the non-backwards compatible model.  And seeing as FFX is my favourite in the entire series, I really wanted to play it again.  So I looked for emulators, and sure enough, there is a ps2 one, and my ps2 had enough life in it to dump the BIOS.  SO, I got it all working.

Problem is (and it is a small problem, but still), that during the in engine cut-scenes, there tends to be a permanent blue hazyness to the screen.  Has anyone else tried using Pcsx2, and if so, FFX and got it working properly?

I completed the game, and went back to get all the side quests, Celestials etc.... And the blueness is begining to really annoy me.  Any suggestions, or am I forking out for yet another PS2?

Btw, I can run the game at a smooth 50-60fps, with 8xAA switched on, so it's not that my machine can't handle the emulator. :-P :-)

Vanit

• View Profile
    • http://vanitstudios.burn.at
Re: FFX on Pcsx2
« Reply #1 on: 2008-09-03 04:30:00 »
You'd probably have more luck asking in the official pcsx2 forum.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-09-05 20:06:36 »
Yeah I already have, I get the usual n00b stuff.  Trouble is, they people get on my nerves with their constant flaming of people who don't immediately understand what they are doing.  I was hoping for something more sensible from here. :-)

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-09-08 23:30:31 »
I'm John Titon, I say no one is gonna give you the answer you need.

Jari

« Reply #4 on: 2008-09-09 00:25:55 »

Titor.

Better get it right, or he might get angry and murder your parents before you were even born. :-D

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-09-09 04:48:46 »
How's everyone coping with the Civil War that's been going on for the past 3 years?

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-09-11 21:40:09 »

Titor.

Better get it right, or he might get angry and murder your parents before you were even born. :-D
Thanks for the heads up, I know it's "crazy" out thére!
*giggles*

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-09-11 21:41:16 »
How's everyone coping with the Civil War that's been going on for the past 3 years?
Yeah, it is really getting to me XD

moraelyn

« Reply #8 on: 2008-09-12 01:05:56 »
Which graphics plugin are you using? I completed the game using PCSX2 0.9.5 (I think it fixes some problems with FFX videos) and GSdx(MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.7 with no problems at all, much better than ZeroGS plugin. Try it out if you haven't, I can post my settings too if you need 'em.

burnzy51

« Reply #9 on: 2008-10-15 19:44:40 »
i have this problem also, its a blue haze with a diagonal line from top left to bottom right corner. thats the only glitch ive noticed. also, the menu where you start a new game is complete blackness except for the little glove icon which i can move up and down to select an option.

ive tried all diff settings on the graphics plugins but cant fix it.

not sure what the prob is, ive given up for now =[

Shame, cuz it runs so smoothly.

If you fix it, be sure to post how you did it.

All the best,

burnzy

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-11-11 12:04:12 »
Wow, whenever I've tried to run it it's choppy as... :/