Author Topic: *Team Avalanche: WMRP(WorldMap Retexture Project)*  (Read 191609 times)

Mako

• View Profile
Re: *Team Avalanche: WMRP(WorldMap Retexture Project)*
« Reply #425 on: 2010-04-18 21:37:30 »
im surprised no one has taken a stab at the clouds yet. I had good looking set on my laptop before it was swiped... they were very "wispy" and it actually had a dramatic impact on how the world map looked. It was almost a bigger impact that redoing all of the other textures!

I gave up!. I thought grimmy was going to finish or has already finished texturing? If not  I'd love to take a whack at the sky...

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2010-04-18 22:21:42 »
I like it, but I don't think it really looks like a meteor, More like just the energy waves.
I wanted to keep all of its pieces surrounding it, but I can't quite make it look right.  It also looks like it's entered the atmosphere...which is horrible.  I think I give up, lol

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2010-04-19 01:45:37 »

How exactly does the coloring work on this... shall i just paint the purplyness onto it?

well going iwth the red coloring, can change to purple later.

thoughts?

« Last Edit: 2010-04-19 02:47:11 by Timu Sumisu »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2010-04-19 05:47:11 »
Putting it in-game is the best way to tell if it's good or not.  It looks different in the sky than just as a picture

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2010-04-19 06:01:32 »
Popcorn!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2010-04-19 18:05:48 »
Shazam

Looks pretty good in game to me.  Maybe a little too pink, but that's just nitpicking

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2010-04-19 19:46:36 »
Try messing with the color.  Maybe making it a little darker and little more orange would make it look better in game.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2010-04-19 22:21:45 »
I gave up!. I thought grimmy was going to finish or has already finished texturing? If not  I'd love to take a whack at the sky...

not sure if grim is still working on this or not, but i dont think he would mind if you did the clouds. Its not a major piece and it's only 1 texture (wm_kumo), just make sure you use the alpha channel to get the soft transparency. It takes a bit it get it looking right, but its good practice for organic texturing.

lee

Satoh

• Assuming this statement is correct, I'm alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2010-04-20 18:34:53 »
The pinkness is accurate compared to my original PSX FFVII...

And quite frankly it can't be removed anyway as long as the sky is blue.

Whenever you add a translucent red object to a bright blue scene, it will look either pink or purple...

If you screen red over blue you get pink. Simple as that. Try it in photoshop sometime, you'll see what I mean.

Making it darker will only allow more blue to show through. Due to the blending method used, the lighter the color is the more opaque it is.

The advantage and reason they chose to use the Screen method, is that it allows images to have transparency without being encoded with any transparency.

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #434 on: 2010-04-22 16:25:07 »
not sure if grim is still working on this or not

I'm not working on this anymore. So I hope someone takes up the rest of the outstanding textures.

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2010-04-23 03:25:29 »
We wouldn't need to if the game had outstanding textures to begin with >.>

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2010-04-23 03:35:06 »
Hah Hah

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2010-04-23 18:47:20 »
from what i can tell, 90% of this is finished, the only leftovers are texture that are rarely used. I suppose i can finish this in the summer if someone doesn't beat me to it. Still trying to save up for a new PC, until then my hands are tied(to a damned macintosh).

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2010-04-23 19:01:51 »
to a damned macintosh

Trust me when I say this, I am truly sorry for you. If there is a god he is being unkind to you...
« Last Edit: 2010-04-23 19:38:11 by Mako »

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2010-04-23 19:04:31 »
wow, a macintosh? i didnt know it was so serious.
Im truly sorry for you  :'(

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #440 on: 2010-04-23 22:28:25 »
just put linux on the mac and problem solved :)

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2010-04-23 22:35:32 »
i would've already done it, but its a loner from my mom.
Can someone explain why apple tried so hard to be different by getting rid of the right mouse button? Not only is it a pointless "improvment", but i have to press CTRL to make a right-mouse click, so NO TIME WAS SAVED BY GETTING RID OF THE RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON BECAUSE I STILL HAD TO PRESS ANOTHER BUTTON. if anything, it makes it LESS intuitive to use. Sorry, just had to vent a little.

lee

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2010-04-24 06:03:37 »
Can someone explain why apple tried so hard to be different by getting rid of the right mouse button? Not only is it a pointless "improvment", but i have to press CTRL to make a right-mouse click, so NO TIME WAS SAVED BY GETTING RID OF THE RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON BECAUSE I STILL HAD TO PRESS ANOTHER BUTTON. if anything, it makes it LESS intuitive to use. Sorry, just had to vent a little.

lee

Why are you using the mac mouse? I mean dood... I've used nearly exclusively mac for years, and even do all my ff7 work on one, but NEVER, EVER use the mac mouse, plug in any other mouse, right clicks will work normally. (I'm using a 17 button mouse on my mac now :D)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #443 on: 2010-04-24 14:36:59 »

persistent live usb drive :) that is if u have a decent sized usb stick.

just about ne other mouse should work just fine with that mac. mac mice never had a right click iirc even the old ones are just one button

Satoh

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2010-05-09 18:53:27 »
The first computer to be proposed to use a mouse with a graphical OS was the pitched idea for the first PC that was pitched to Xerox.

It had a 3 button mouse. Xerox thought the idea was stupid, no one would need a "personal computer."

Good job, Xerox, good job.

Anyway, what's the status on the world map anyway?

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2010-05-10 02:21:50 »
from what grimmy said last i talked with him, nearly everything is finished. Major areas are grass/river transistions and a few textures that are only used once. I would say that completion stands around 95% as a first draft. I want to go back and redo the mountains, since a major oversight on my part caused them all to be the wrong color(oops) so at some point i will return to correct some errors and finish up the remaining textures.

Aali's newest driver will significantly speed the process, since the old method required me to take shots in the dark on which texture i was replacing. Now the driver will indenitfy what textures are missing, so that makes it alot easier.

However, im still without a decent laptop and i dont even have FF7 installed right now. I'm finishing up a ton of school work as well, and have a whole other slew of junk going on IRL at the moment. I'm still keeping a ken eye on the the developments in the TA camp though, so when i do return i won't be horribly out of the loop. I just hope the project isn't finished by then ;)

Lee