Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1243809 times)

ddmosho

• View Profile
can you make another download link? it doesnt seem to be working.   :-(

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
can you make another download link? it doesnt seem to be working.   :-(

What happened to the original link, the one Miles had to download in order to upload it to his server?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I uploaded it myself via ftp.

I'll make a filefront mirror, but I'm gonna have to split it into 600MB volumes first...
« Last Edit: 2009-09-04 02:45:00 by titeguy3 »

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
That's really a LOT of files man.

But great work nonetheless... AS Expected of senor Tit3guy!!!! Cheers!!!

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Okay, I've uploaded a Filefront mirror split up into 3 volumes. That'll have to do until the main link gets fixed...

aaronlite

• View Profile
Hm, I re-installed the game, used the patcher, but the game won't run. The screen goes full and black and then exits. =/

Is there something obvious i'm missing...?
« Last Edit: 2009-09-05 03:03:55 by aaronlite »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hm, I re-installed the game, used the patcher, but the game won't run. The screen goes full and black and then exits. =/

Is there something obvious i'm missing...?
did you configure the openGL config file? the game might be running at too high a resolution/too high settings for your monitor/gfx card. default is 1280x800.

aaronlite

• View Profile
Yeah I changed settings to 1600 x 1200. I can definatly run it, I was running at 1600x1200 with APZ cloud before just fine, full speed. :O

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Yeah I changed settings to 1600 x 1200. I can definatly run it, I was running at 1600x1200 with APZ cloud before just fine, full speed. :O
Do you have a 64-bit OS? I haven't tested the installer on x64 systems yet.

When the game quits, the FF7Music console should still be open, copy and paste whatever that says here.

Use the <code> and </code> tags. (except use brackets [] instead of wakas <>)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Do you have a 64-bit OS? I haven't tested the installer on x64 systems yet.

When the game quits, the FF7Music console should still be open, copy and paste whatever that says here.

Use the <code> and </code> tags. (except use brackets [] instead of wakas <>)

If it is a 64bit os i bet the installer is not using the proper reg file for aalis driver

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
well, i accounted for that in the installer... but I haven't tested it. I basically said:
Code: [Select]
if exist "%SystemDrive%\Program Files (x86)" (
del "ff7opengl.reg"
rename "FF7opengl_vista64.reg" "FF7OpenGL.reg"
start 64bitpostinstall.bat
exit
)
..but I'm not sure if all x64 systems have a "Program Files (x86)" Folder...or if all users with 64-bit operating systems install FF7 to "%SystemDrive%\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\" because I also made that assumption.

There's a possibility! Where'd you install your game into?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
well, i accounted for that in the installer... but I haven't tested it. I basically said:
del "ff7opengl.reg"
exit
)
..but I'm not sure if all x64 systems have a "Program Files (x86)" Folder...or if all users with 64-bit operating systems install FF7 to "%SystemDrive%\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\" because I also made that assumption.

Well im running 32 bit. I just know there is different reg files for each

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
del "ff7opengl.reg"
exit
)

I strongly advise against installing to the default location if you plan on using FF7Music. The default location has spaces in it, and FF7Music throws a tantrum at those spaces.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
How so? I've always run my FF7 in the default install location without any noticeable problems.

safyr

Hello Mister titeguy3, i'm actually have problem to download the third parto from Filefronts :S
« Last Edit: 2009-09-05 22:16:34 by safyr »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
How so? I've always run my FF7 in the default install location without any noticeable problems.
FF7Music screws up its config file and turns spaces into line breaks, and other crazy stuff like that. I haven't figured out when or why it does this, but it can be prevented by installing FF7 to a directory with no spaces (eg not the default). I use C:\FF7 personally.

Without FF7Music, spaces don't generally cause any trouble.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hello Mister titeguy3, i'm actually have problem to download the third parto from Filefronts :S
Hrm...I just tried it and it went through fine. Filefront sometimes does maintenance so you can't access all the files all the time. Try it again and it'll most likely work. If it doesn't, try again later.

KibaOokami

Hey, I'm new here and just got a copy of FFVII PC at a thrift store near me,  Thought it was an awesome find and came for mods, however when I wanted to try to install this, it won't work.  Why you may ask?  The files at filefront are telling me they're corrupt upon extraction.

!   C:\Users\Kiba\Desktop\Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-1_Installer.part1.rar: Packed data CRC failed in Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-1_Installer.exe. The volume is corrupt
!   C:\Users\Kiba\Desktop\Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-1_Installer.part2.rar: Packed data CRC failed in Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-1_Installer.exe. The volume is corrupt
!   C:\Users\Kiba\Desktop\Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-1_Installer.part3.rar: CRC failed in Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-1_Installer.exe. The file is corrupt
"
I have downloaded all three files multiple times, deleteing the old file first, and starting a new download, but...Yeah,   Not sure what's going on.  Got any ideas?

Zarradeth

• View Profile
I'm having the same problem as KibaOokami- the rars on filefront are corrupt.

I was able to get them to extract by telling Winrar to keep broken files. But when I run the actual installer I get CRC errors on
"ficedula\mp3\fin.mp3"
"movies\ending2.avi"
and then at the end of the installer, after it says "Extracting plugins" it tells me that my download was corrupt and that I need to download a fresh copy.

Either way, I'm going to test and see if it works with these files being corrupt. Since it seems only the very end of the rar archives is what the problem is it might be possible to be able to fix the problem (manually) without having to upload the whole installer again.
And by the way, I have a 64bit system (with Windows 7) so along with trying to fix the corruption issue, I can test on a 64bit system for you :P

Edit: I've gotten the game to run, but it crashes as soon as it starts, the only problem is that I don't know if it's because the bad files in the corrupted Remix installer, or if it's because of my OS
« Last Edit: 2009-09-07 19:53:16 by Zarradeth »

ddmosho

• View Profile
your mirror files become corrupted after i extract them. can someone explain to me why?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
filefront just did a server overhaul, so they probably screwed up my files in the process... I'll see what I can do... sorry guys

@Zarradeth: It looks like all that got corrupt are a song and a video. Your game *should* run fine.

I know of three things that cause the game to crash upon startup
1) Game not installed to default directory
2) Recent Sound driver update/sound driver not configured in FF7Config
3) Game being run at an unsupported resolution

and I suspect there may be a 64-bit issue that I haven't uncovered yet.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-07 20:14:50 by titeguy3 »

Zarradeth

• View Profile
It may be possible that you could just upload the files that come out corrupt when you still install using the corrupt installer, at least as a temporary fix. The only problem is that you need to know which files aren't coming out right.

After looking, the installer doesn't install the corrupt files, so you would need to upload the .mp3 and .avi that come out corrupt (in my last post), but then the problem is the plugins at the end, since it's a general message for installing them, not specific file names. If you know what order they are suppose to install (or what files the plugins are) I can find which ones don't install right for you.

Edit: And for the record I just got it working (so far) on Windows 7 x64 with the corrupt Remix installer (but I'm sure it's bound to crash eventually xD)

I was able to get the game to not crash on startup by running it as administrator. But at the same time I wasn't installing the Remix onto a clean straight from the disc install, I'm using an installer that has some patches already installed (and I'm not sure what.) I'm gonna do a clean install using the original discs and then try installing your remix pack, then I will get back to you. This way we can make sure it's all working because of what's in your installer- not what was already installed. For the record I am running it now at 1920 * 1080 with the aspect ratio maintained, but I'm having trouble getting the music to work.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-07 20:28:01 by Zarradeth »

KibaOokami

I'm also on x64 win7 Ultimate.  I'll see what I can do as well about getting it to install.  I've never made winrar ignore broken files, so can you tell me how to force that?

Zarradeth

• View Profile
I'm also on x64 win7 Ultimate.  I'll see what I can do as well about getting it to install.  I've never made winrar ignore broken files, so can you tell me how to force that?

If you right click the rar file and select "extract files..." there is a check box in the bottom left that says "Keep broken files" check than and extract.

If you dont have winrar integrated into windows. Double-click the rar, then click the "Extract to..." button, which will bring up the same dialog as the above steps.

You will still get the errors, but it won't delete the file.

EDIT: I got the music working, not sure if this is related to x64, but what FF7 music was outputting lead me to believe it was working, upon further inspection (opening the FF7 music config), it has the correct plugins selected, but FF7 Music isn't using them. If you reselect the plugin it will load it into FF7 music and then it will work. So, as of right now, I currently have a fully working FF7 install on Windows 7 x64 and the Remix mod installed ;) (Minus the two corrupt files :P). Once I find my original CDs I will do a clean from scratch install with them and let you know how it goes- but I'm fairly confident it will work. :D

The way I start the program (this matter because if you don't run FF7 as admin it seems to like to crash, at least that's my experience, is to start FF7 music as administrator, and then start FF7 via that. This method, so far, has been working perfectly.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-07 20:45:15 by Zarradeth »

KibaOokami

Thanks. I was just looing it up online after I posted to see if I could find it, and came back to update my post when i saw this :).  Thank you very much.  I'll see what I have here as well.  Thanks! :)