Author Topic: Team Avalanche Logo  (Read 64707 times)

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
Re: Team Avalanche Logo
« Reply #100 on: 2010-09-06 14:21:54 »
as far as an opening movies goes, i think it might be cool if you had the skull enter on the left, and the red circle from the right, and they meet in the middle with a kind of CLANG! and a flash of light.

If anyone wants the layered PSD file let me know, it could help with more advanced effects.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-06 15:12:36 by pyrozen »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2010-09-06 14:54:42 »
Well I am not familiar with video editing, so everyone feel free to submit their versions of the intro screen.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #102 on: 2010-09-06 16:09:36 »
i like the video that was done.. but it should have a fade like...

edios presents.....  A team avalanche <logo> upgrade . (or something like that..), basicly there should be some text with the TA logo , so people outside of the forum know where it came from.

Shankifer

• Jack of all trades - Master of none!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #103 on: 2010-09-06 16:37:34 »
If anyone wants the layered PSD file let me know, it could help with more advanced effects.

I could use a PSD file, I'm thinking Adobe Flash might be able to make a nice video, with decent sound affects. What format should it be in when put it up? FLV or AVI? I'm wondering what's going to be easier to work with

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #104 on: 2010-09-06 16:51:55 »
AVI will be easier to work with

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2010-09-06 17:18:27 »
It needs to be in a format which will work with Aali's driver and reasonably fast.  I think Xvid would be a good candidate, although I can prepare a few of them.

I am not the greatest with graphics, but I will have a good go!  Will have somethin for you later probably.

as far as an opening movies goes, i think it might be cool if you had the skull enter on the left, and the red circle from the right, and they meet in the middle with a kind of CLANG! and a flash of light.

If you can supply me the base graphics you mentioned, I can make that work in vegas.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2010-09-06 17:24:55 »
here is the original PSD file. All the layers are separated still, so you should be able to extract whatever you need fairly easily. I zipped it up since the original file is over 11MB, the zip is nearly half that.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1qf5xa3j6aujea1/TAlogo.zip

lee

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2010-09-06 17:27:18 »
Thanks, let's see what I can do....

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2010-09-06 17:32:39 »
If this is tacked on to the Eidos video, does it still need to be the same length as before? It would be really nice to have it longer, with a proper fadeout between them, so it looks like a separate video.

Also, are the opening logos going to be rerendered for the Bombing Mission project? I know they're not technically part of the mission, but they're the first thing you see when you start up the game and they still look like low-res crap.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2010-09-06 18:02:01 »
Yes I am not sure yet but I feel pretty certain that they will need to be same length.  If this is so, I will just speed the eidos one up to enable us to fit on the next :)  Failing all else, we still have the Squaresoft logo to work with which is longer.

I have just finished the glow effect with this video but it looks very cheap to have this logo meet in the middle.  I am working on it...

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2010-09-06 18:36:28 »
The videos can be whatever length you want.  I personally use a modified eidoslogo.avi that is .01 seconds long, and an clover27's opening remake vid.  No problems.

Videos with characters overlaying them could be a different story though...

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #111 on: 2010-09-06 20:03:13 »
(Just putting this out there) If you guys want, I've got After Effects and I'm not too bad at using it - I could probably whip up some tasty effects and make a really nice logo video given a day or so - that is if you haven't already got it covered with vegas etc. But it looks like you do ;D

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #112 on: 2010-09-06 20:05:00 »
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7492/finalfantasyintrowit.mp4

30 Seconds. Includes Eidos (Revamped), TA, And Squaresoft (could be better)
Song used in background after Eidos is Barret's theme. It's my 2 Cents for now.

I have Adobe Premier but I haven't taken the time to set it up yet. When I do I might be able to get some cool sh*t going.

The original vid is in AVI 1080p so if you want it, let me know.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2010-09-06 20:16:07 »
My comments:
  • I really like your Eidos video! High quality, emulates the original nicely.
  • "Team Avalanche Presents" before the logo is unnecessary. It might be better to just have the logo, and put the name Team Avalanche below it.
  • Music? Probably better without. Maybe some sound effects would work, though.
  • Is the Squaresoft logo just the original video upscaled? It'll probably need rendered from scratch for decent quality, if anyone's up to the task.
  • Would it be appropriate to stick a Square-Enix logo in there instead?

Overall, I think it's a good start.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-06 20:18:49 by Covarr »

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #114 on: 2010-09-06 20:27:32 »
Thank you for the feedback  :D

I wasn't sure about the Team Avalanche thing, I really wanted to put something about Qhimm Forums in there but I decided against it.

Music sounded good, I suppose if it was actually like an opening credits it would work, you know, like the kind that flow right into the game afterwords. But I'll remove it and shorten it up a bit.

Squaresoft Logo is just the original from the PSX, I looked all over for a decent version that maybe someone cleaned up but to no avail.

Square-Enix - If I get the go-ahead, that would eliminate need to render Squaresoft logo because Square Enix ones look good, as they are more recent. We would lose those chipper little chocobos though   :'(

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2010-09-06 20:48:23 »
here

My effort is designed to be simple.  It uses the original music and original frame count.  It is as simple as it gets because The simpler something is, the better it is.

I think this one has a punch.  Let's see what you think...

Obviously small modifications can be made if people are happy with this.  This is not the final quality or size and the logo is not yet centred.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-06 20:50:29 by DLPB »

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #116 on: 2010-09-06 20:57:46 »
EDIT:Second try Team Avalanche

here

My effort is designed to be simple.  It uses the original music and original frame count.  It is as simple as it gets because The simpler something is, the better it is.

I think this one has a punch.  Let's see what you think...

Obviously small modifications can be made if people are happy with this.  This is not the final quality or size and the logo is not yet centred.
Needs a "Team Avalanche"

Also, I'm not too sure about the speeding up of eidos so much, it seems rushed. Btw if you want a cleaner copy of the Eidos let me know and I'll post somewhere.

Theres also a lot of emptiness after the Logo arrives
« Last Edit: 2010-09-06 21:15:51 by Shankifer »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2010-09-06 21:08:52 »
the original logo has same thing at the end... pretty much nothing, but as I said this is designed purely for simpleness.  I was told not to add any fonts or any writing so I didn't.

A cleaner copy of eidos would be good though (assuming it doesnt come from FF7 game).  The speed of the logo works imho because it still matches the background music.  I don't want a bloated overly long FMV....

Well, that's my attempt anyway :P
« Last Edit: 2010-09-06 21:12:54 by DLPB »

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #118 on: 2010-09-06 21:13:02 »
the original logo has same thing, but as I said this is designed purely for simpleness.  I was told not to add any fonts or any writing so I didn't.

A cleaner copy of eidos would be good though (assuming it doesnt come from FF7 game)

Here is Eidos: Eidos Remastered

I think a logo requires some text. It gives that label, so you can say "Oh, yeah, that's Team Avalanche's logo" lol
Seeing the logo itself is only going to be good for the people who know that is their logo.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-06 21:16:13 by Shankifer »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2010-09-06 21:33:39 »
Ive modified the end, I will have my final version soon (without text unless I am told to add any.  No point working on this properly until people made up their minds which one they want.)

Thanks for the logo.

edit:  this is in xvid, do you have it in a lossless format, like huffyuv or lagarith?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2010-09-06 22:21:11 »
I do not wish to have any text for team avalanche in the video. I feel it takes away from it somehow.

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #121 on: 2010-09-06 22:35:46 »
this is in xvid, do you have it in a lossless format, like huffyuv or lagarith?

I don't, sorry. That's the best version I could find.

I do not wish to have any text for team avalanche in the video. I feel it takes away from it somehow.

So what's your take on using Square Enix's Logo instead of Squaresoft?
Pros: Cleaner, Shorter, Simpler, stays true to the FF series creator
Cons: Not the Original, No little Chocobos

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2010-09-06 22:38:16 »
Im sorry, I must have missed this. What Square Enix logo are you referring to?

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #123 on: 2010-09-06 22:44:15 »
This Square Enix Logo In place of the Squaresoft. It makes Final Fantasy seem more up to date. It's just a thought though.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2010-09-06 22:51:22 »
It is ok, me and Kranmer have had a better idea :)  I will submit my final version soon.

As for Square Enix, you can't put that on FF7 as the merger had not happened then.