Author Topic: Aeris come back !!  (Read 7831 times)

lparcshinoda

• The story never ends ...
    • View Profile
Aeris come back !!
« on: 2007-02-07 18:46:09 »
Hi. Using Jenova isn't there a way to recall back Aeris on your party after her deperting ?? I tryed but the pg can't go back on the group with PHS if I insert her on the party ,.... :(

steven

• View Profile
Re: Aeris come back !!
« Reply #1 on: 2007-02-07 20:34:09 »
Hi. Using Jenova isn't there a way to recall back Aeris on your party after her deperting ?? I tryed but the pg can't go back on the group with PHS if I insert her on the party ,.... :(
From what I know you first use jenova to add aeris back to the party (I pick the 3rd slot) then you go to the battle square and do at least one battle and then the game can reqanice (sp) her better

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-02-07 21:42:49 »
The biggest problem with having Aeris in your party when you shouldn't is that the game tends to freez at several places as it looks for script pieces that simply don't exist.

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #3 on: 2007-02-09 19:02:00 »
any chance of using meteor to change the script in the places the game crash's ? also add an event for aries to be added without using a save game editor

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-02-09 21:24:58 »
any chance of using meteor to change the script in the places the game crash's ? also add an event for aries to be added without using a save game editor

Well I am not relly sure about this, but from what I know the first part can be done, but right now there is no way at this point in time to add a event to get aeris back.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-02-10 14:08:45 »
I have tried adding her data into levels where she isn't present but al failed...so i can't find a way to do it.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-02-10 17:11:42 »
That was one of the first things I did with Meteor. Out of laziness for adding another entity to the area (Mideel), I replaced the scripts of the woman outside the weapons store with copies of the scripts of the other PCs. I, of course, changed the PC it defined to be Aeris. In-game, the party split successfully and continued on.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-02-10 18:40:25 »
What i meant was adding her as a new object in the levels.

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #8 on: 2007-02-12 11:37:08 »
well if you cant add her back in the game maybe for now just removing the actions that crash if that would work i dont know as it might be the same problem as adding one, replacing actions is how id always do it but i dont know too much abotu anything

That was one of the first things I did with Meteor. Out of laziness for adding another entity to the area (Mideel), I replaced the scripts of the woman outside the weapons store with copies of the scripts of the other PCs. I, of course, changed the PC it defined to be Aeris. In-game, the party split successfully and continued on.

have you done a patch for this? did you try replaing the church ghost of her?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-02-12 14:57:04 »
The reason why he game crashes with her in your team when shes dead is because she has no speech. If you think about it the game only crashes when a character is to say something which is different from what the otheres say.

Synergy Blades

« Reply #10 on: 2007-02-12 17:37:07 »
Theoretically, if you had the time (and patience) you could add Aeris back in all fields where there is an event involving the whole party, and where Aeris is not scripted in cos she's, well, dead. In addition if you did the lot you'd have to create some sort of Aeris resurrection scene since it'd be a bit odd for her to die, drop her in the lake in the City of the Ancients, only for her to turn up in your party when you leave.  :wink:

Frankly, it's quite a lot of fields, and you would need to create a patch for a lot of files since you can't go round distributing the fields you've edited since it's akin to sharing the flevel.lgp as a whole (i.e, legally dodgy). The question is really whether it's worth it, and if anyone has the patience to do it.

lparcshinoda

• The story never ends ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-02-12 20:20:56 »
Well I'm still convinced that Aeris Should be die and so she should rest in the game story. An avent with the "Aeris Ghost" coming in your party could be added so that her Character will stay in the party and the players will enjoy and get usefull all the experience and all the fights done with her before she dies. The edit on flevel could be done only in some file using LGP tools, isn't it ?

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #12 on: 2007-02-13 08:37:30 »
i know she isnt that good a charactor and she dies in the story, but it would be fun to see how much content we can add to the game, so far most of the stuff here is just modifying the game,
surly if we can add aries its one step closer to adding a new location to the game,