Author Topic: [FF7PC] WIP: WEAPON retexture (Ruby released, Emerald in progress) (2012-10-19)  (Read 35729 times)

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
Re: WIP: Ruby WEAPON retexture
« Reply #25 on: 2012-10-16 23:20:53 »
I'm so sorry. I had no idea. I'll get this squared away now that I'm off work. For now, download link is removed. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012-10-17 01:16:51 »
Alrighty. I have removed the KH Cloud texture from all the models. I've been working all day with food poisoning lol, so I don't feel like taking a lot of pics right now. They are all basically the ruby texture in place of where the KH Cloud texture was. I tried to make a custom texture, but the design ended up all on his claws as well as his legs so in the end I settled for the stone effect. New upload link is back in the first post.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #27 on: 2012-10-17 13:41:50 »
Thanks JLOUTLAW! I wish you a quick recovery too! Go grab some esuna! Take care buddy!

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2012-10-18 02:35:35 »
Thanks. The esuna worked lol feeling a lot better. How are you liking your personalized Ruby WEAPON? Had any curb stomp battles against him yet?

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #29 on: 2012-10-18 09:47:57 »
I opened all models with kimera and my favorite is "Ruby WEAPON retex dark bright ruby core". I just wish it would be a tone brighter but the bright one is really bright indeed.

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2012-10-18 11:31:43 »
I say this ruby retex is a success.. so when can we expect the other weapons??

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #31 on: 2012-10-18 11:42:20 »
jloutlaw doesnt know how to uv. id like to see him learn how to. if he wants to to retexes he should learn how to uv, revisit ruby weapon then continue with the rest

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2012-10-18 11:52:49 »
UV is a little more complicated.. but I think given time, JL can manage it.. we don't have other emerald weapons with UV available right? I hope there are some floating out there like this ruby weapon..

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012-10-18 11:55:23 »
idk if there are.

uvs are more complicated. but im sure youve noticed its alot easier to texture when you can adjust the uvs how you need them

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2012-10-18 12:03:17 »
Yep, being bound by a shitty UV sure sucks.. so it's better if you can manipulate UV's or better yet make your own..

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012-10-18 14:10:16 »
What Omega said. If there's a tutorial I can read that can walk me through UVs then I could do a lot more. Til then, I do plan to work on Grimmy's Diamond WEAPON.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2012-10-18 14:19:54 »
thatll show you how to do seams
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/UV_Map_Basics
sometimes you wont need seams. in those cases in edit mode select all, hit u and a menu will pop up, click unwrap.
in the uv image editor in blender open the texture image
then in the 3dview window next to the bar that says object mode, edit mode, etc. there is a grey ball. click it and switch to texture mode to view the image.

read the tutorial and keep trying and playing around

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012-10-19 14:25:03 »
Question. I'm trying to UV Map Emerald WEAPON. I have a 3ds file opened in Blender and I am viewing it from the front view. Only thing is I cant figure out how to mark the seams on him to snag his texture. Another thing. I have his battle model, pulled from the LGP, and he uses anac and anad as textures. Both textures are those weird blue orb things on his shoulders. So I assume I'm gonna have to make a new texture to modify his skin and make it look like emeralds. How would I go about that?

Also I re-read your post Omega. Only issue is "Edit Mode" is not coming up when I'm using anaa.3ds

omega res novae

• View Profile
Re: WIP: WEAPON retexture (Ruby released, Emerald in progress)
« Reply #38 on: 2012-10-19 15:08:52 »
Default starting point is object mode. Right click to select an object. Then use the dropdown bar at the bottom of the window to switch to edit mode or hit tab. I suggest u go through that wiki book to familiarize yourself with the ui

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2012-10-19 16:17:59 »
If you can't access edit mode.. chances are  your model is not selected as the active object.., try looking at the outliner make sure your model is selected and not the camera or the lights.. :) :)

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2012-10-19 16:24:59 »
How do I select all in edit mode. Also, that tutorial is tough for me to comprehend...for instance what are vertices? Is there anything around in frickin laymen terms.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2012-10-19 16:39:30 »
This'll be a tough one, If your not familiar even with vertices will have a hard time explaining things, unless we start from the most basic.. I suggest you read some tutorials for blender the basic ones.. I believe there are some that explains the stuff like vertices, edges, face, mesh etc.. If you get familiar with this then it'll be a lot easier to discuss UV mapping. :)

Patience bro.. No one learns this sort of things overnight, I had hard times with this things before(and til now actualy) and It never gets easier.. theres always a lot to learn, but that's when it gets fun :)

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2012-10-19 17:18:23 »
Yea TUT's help alot and theres tones of them i've still got the video tut's i used when i first started from modelling, uv mapping, texturing and animation.

There all for 3ds max though so won't help you much,
I can't even use blender confuses the crap out me compared to 3ds max but then again apparantly to most people it's the other way around lol

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2012-10-19 18:07:44 »
Well, if 3ds max is easier to use, perhaps I should try my hand with that.....is it freeware? Could you pm me the links to the tutorial videos you watched?

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2012-10-19 18:11:45 »
I think 3ds Max is not a freeware.. that why people prefer blender cause its free ;) :D ;D

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2012-10-19 18:35:18 »
yea its not freeware u can only download the demo. I got it free when i started working for a 3d modelling and animation company also got photoshop cs5 with it which was pretty cool, my mate got me a key for 3ds max 2012 last year through his work iswell lol

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2012-10-19 21:02:22 »
A vertex is a point or corner. A cube has 8. an edge is a line from vertex to vertex. A cube has 12. a face is the area inside 3 or more edges or just a side. A cube has 6

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2012-10-20 07:41:35 »
LOL dude i think your gonna confuse him more with that  ;D

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2012-10-20 11:29:09 »
No it makes sense actually. I just haven't heard this stuff since I graduated high school back in 2004. Got to be best man for my brother's wedding today, and throw a party for my sister tomorrow so I'll try to tackle Emerald WEAPON a bit more Monday. Thanks guys.

ShadowzI

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2012-10-20 21:58:03 »
I guess the point of the texture was to make the ruby weapon a "RUBY" Weapon
But I would love to see a bit more emphasis on the "weapon" as well =D

Regardless amazing job! This weapon is... shinning like a jewel.