Author Topic: Removing characters mouths?  (Read 8572 times)

aidenn

• View Profile
Removing characters mouths?
« on: 2012-10-30 08:19:44 »
Is there a way to do it? Jessie's mouth is driving me crazy ;p.

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
Re: Removing characters mouths?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-10-30 08:34:35 »
Yep, I think it's possible by altering the texture

aidenn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-10-30 09:11:45 »
On another note, is it possible to modify the textures in the 2012 rerelease without converting it to the 1998 version? I'd just want that one little thing, to erase the mouths and I'd be content. :)

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-10-30 09:38:34 »
Oops sorry can't help with that.. I never tried it on the 2012 release but you can always do the "Try and see what happens method" just make sure you back up your files

aidenn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-10-30 19:02:42 »
Hm, so I unpacked the lgp files but now I've no clue where to look, there's too much files. Is there a list of sorts containing the names of the files and what each one does, or do I have to search on my own? I tried to search the forum, but I didn't find much.

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-10-30 19:12:07 »
I don't have a list of parts, but I made a list of all the skeletons here. In Kimera you can edit each individual part (e.g. head) when loading up the skeleton file.

aidenn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-10-31 07:39:43 »
Thanks! That list is great. Now... how do I extract a .hrc file? I tried Unmass, but it doesn't work, Biturn isn't much help either, FiceLZS crashes and lgptools complain about missing ficedula.dll (I can't find it).

-- edit --

Oh, never mind, I forgot about Kimera. I guess it'll work. Too bad rapidshare is down ATM, gotta wait.

-- edit --

Used an older version that someone uploaded. Yay! It works! The game doesn't complain about edited files, so there's no need for converting the game. However, I still don't know how to extract the texture, Kimera can add a texture to the file, but not extract an existing one for me to edit. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: 2012-10-31 07:57:53 by aidenn »

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-10-31 10:35:41 »
Used an older version that someone uploaded. Yay! It works! The game doesn't complain about edited files, so there's no need for converting the game. However, I still don't know how to extract the texture, Kimera can add a texture to the file, but not extract an existing one for me to edit. Any ideas?
Use image2tex to convert the .tex file to bitmap image.It work in reverse too.

aidenn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-10-31 12:34:08 »
Yes, I know how to use TEX files, but first I have to extract them from the HRC file. How do I do it?

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-10-31 13:19:00 »
You need to know how things work in ff7.
The HRC isn't have any texture or model inside.It's a skeleton that stick the model together and apply texture on them.In other word,the HRC file and the texture file are totally different so you can't extract anything from hrc file.A model is a group of different file,this is what these file actually are:
-hrc file:skeleton I mentioned above
-p file:model part(arm,leg,head,sword,gun,...)
-tex file:the textures that used on the model(eye,mouth,...)
-a file:animation file

You don't have to extract anything,just find the name of the texture(.tex) you need to modify here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AniNoDVsrYhVdG0zZERUT0tsOF91eHE2WHo4ZWRseWc&gid=2

Once you have found out which file is it,open it with image2tex,press convert then save it as a bitmap image.Do the same when converting bmp back to ff7 textures.
Hope this help.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-31 13:20:51 by Buster Swd »

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-10-31 14:48:21 »
There's really no difference between the 2012 and 1998 version; all what happened was that the game was made more compatible with newer versions of Windows, and it's only $15 or so.