Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 499629 times)

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
Re: Improved and added unshaded characters
« Reply #225 on: 2013-07-24 23:14:07 »
You might be able to change the field model in the flevel, if you edited every location he can visit, but you can't change the world map or the battle model that way.
This is why there's 2 Cloud battle models rtaa AND siaa. 1 is for the whole game, and 1 is for the last battle, iirc. The model we're used to seeing now is actually based off the "final" Cloud, and people started just packing the same model for both.
7thWrapper can do this without needing the 2 models in the lgp with different sets of filenames. Ex. You make a mod where ALL Cloud's models have an emo haircut, but ONLY after Aeris dies.

I'm going to wait for further changes in Kaldarasha's Reworked flevel before I do the Spanish, French, and Italian translations, but if any of you want to do that now, it's easy with Luksy's ToughScript tool, just dump the text from your game with the language you're going to use. Swap in Kaldarasha's flevel from the UM-ModelOverhaul package, and then encode your text back into the flevel.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 23:35:02 by Template »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2013-07-24 23:59:50 »
You're killing me Dan... I'm like following you around agreeing with your posts right now.

There is hope for us.  :o  ;D

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #227 on: 2013-07-25 00:14:46 »
Hey so I tested the flevel you sent me at the Temple of the Ancients, or at least when you go into the room with the Temple puzzle, and up to when you leave Zacks village. It seems fine, as in it didn't crash or anything. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary though, so what ever else was supposed to happen didn't.

I'm not willing to spoil it, but I want to point out that this scene is really awesome the way he set it up in the Reworked flevel. Someone unfamiliar and epic makes an appearance.

Who ever's supposed to make a guest appearance missed their cue. Is this missing from the unwrapped download?

The funeral scene looks good. Aeris's model without the ribbon and her eyes closed works, and Vincent doesn't inappropriately dance ballet through her funeral. Everything looks good. I don't know what you meant about the models being taller, but either way they looked good. I did notice though that when they're inspecting the temple puzzle Red XIII's head will go through Aeris, and during the funeral scene when Vincent walks over to Aeris he actually steps into her. Is this caused by the models new size?

~I tried the wrapper and it does work well. It worked how I expected though, it launches the 2012 re-release and plays through that. Otherwise the only other exe that works is bootloader. FF7.exe asks for game disks, and ff7_en.exe says to use the ff7_launcher which is the 2012 exe. It doesn't use Ozmys backgrounds or the remastered sound. So 7thwrapper is a success, but it met the limitations I was worried about with the 2012 re-release. If it's able to use the files in the ff7 game mods folder this would work really well.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 01:17:31 by cmh175 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2013-07-25 01:57:31 »
~I tried the wrapper and it does work well. It worked how I expected though, it launches the 2012 re-release and plays through that. Otherwise the only other exe that works is bootloader. FF7.exe asks for game disks, and ff7_en.exe says to use the ff7_launcher which is the 2012 exe. It doesn't use Ozmys backgrounds or the remastered sound. So 7thwrapper is a success, but it met the limitations I was worried about with the 2012 re-release. If it's able to use the files in the ff7 game mods folder this would work really well.

Look at the screeenshots in this post. 7thwrapper runs off ff7.exe just fine, and it won't run right at all off the ff7launcher. If you are having your ff7.exe ask you for game disks, give it a game disk... You have an .iso named ff7disc1 already in the MountDisc folder that comes with bootleg. The reason it's asking you for a disc is because Kranmer's new-to-old patch sets up registry keys that expect your data drive to be D:\ Use regedit to change the ff7 data drive to wherever you mount your iso. Then it won't bother you about that anymore. Honestly, there are some things that GameConverter does better for the rerelease, though I don't understand why. There are some sound errors I don't get building off GC.

At any rate, yes, the special visitor I mentioned won't appear if 7thWrapper is not set up correctly. It happens at the altar.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 02:02:06 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2013-07-25 02:37:04 »
Ah ok that fixed the ff7.exe. I never used that exe before. Otherwise I set up the 7thwrapper following your post so it works properly outside the re-release now. It doesn't use anything from the ff7/mods/bootleg folder though, or at least for me. I'm interested in the possibilities this application presents, but the game is nearly unplayable for me without the other mods. I already have issues with the backgrounds since I play on a tv instead of a monitor I guess, the original ones are just unusable. Unless the new events are made available outside of the wrapper I'll just wait until it's able to use the mod file to check all that out. Other wise so far the new flevel swaps models fine and corrects most of the known errors. I'll test Clouds flash back later at Kalm to see if it swaps in his younger model, and I'll check the flash back with Zack to see if how it handled swapping the swords with Cloud. I'll also check the issue with the Shinra HQ elevator from the other thread.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2013-07-25 02:46:54 »
It doesn't use anything from the ff7/mods/bootleg folder though, or at least for me. I'm interested in the possibilities this application presents, but the game is nearly unplayable for me without the other mods.
It's supposed to use your mod folder; Omzy's backgrounds, everything works fine. You sure your mod path is correct?

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2013-07-25 02:55:28 »
Use regedit to change the ff7 data drive to wherever you mount your iso. Then it won't bother you about that anymore.

I tried mounting it as the D drive using bootloader, for some reason it keeps going to F automatically. I'm not sure how to change that in the registry, and I'm a little iffy playing with that. Do we have clear directions on that anywhere?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2013-07-25 03:18:22 »
I use UltraISO to mount it. If you have drive d available then u dont need to worry about the registry

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2013-07-25 03:22:37 »
Oh ok I'll try that with an actual iso mounting app. I don't see an iso in the mount disk file though. There's two .bat files and a .vhd, I'm not really familiar with either of these formats.

~Never mind, common sense kicked in and told me .vhd means virtual hard drive. I'm used to iso's, haven't actually seen that yet. I'll mount it using virtual clone drive and try that. I found the problem I had with the mod file so if 7th wrapper does work with that then that'll be pretty awesome. My main concern was still incorporating none lgp mods into the game so otherwise everything sounds good to me. I'm really interested to see what can be done with this application. Being able to change models based on the point in the game and other variables sound really cool. 

By the way is there a difference between the wrapped/unwrapped animation and base models? I installed the bootleg base models which were made from all the other base mods. For the animations I fixed Barrets idle and used another one for Clouds running in the field and world. The problem is if I need the wrapped options for this mod to be complete it'll overwrite the things I wanted to keep. Can I leave these unchecked or will it leave out something important Kaldarasha added?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 12:27:02 by cmh175 »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2013-07-25 13:13:25 »
By the way is there a difference between the wrapped/unwrapped animation and base models? I installed the bootleg base models which were made from all the other base mods. For the animations I fixed Barrets idle and used another one for Clouds running in the field and world. The problem is if I need the wrapped options for this mod to be complete it'll overwrite the things I wanted to keep. Can I leave these unchecked or will it leave out something important Kaldarasha added?

The 7thWrapper has a simple hierarchic system:
Create in the Wrapped folder a new one and in that new folder you create another one called char.lgp. In this you can place your animation. Open the 7thWrapper and make sure your mod is on top of all the others. Your mod will 'overwrite' the same files which will loaded after it.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2013-07-25 13:30:03 »
Oh ok cool thanks, that's simple enough. Would using the base mods in the lgp file work for your mod though? I've gotten used to the bootleg base models. I figured anything that would be essential to changes you were adding would be in the unshaded iro.

Also I was wondering what the extent of that set up was. So I can do the char and battle lgp files that way, but would it do the same if I made files for any of the mini games or even the flevel?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2013-07-25 13:45:58 »
As soon as I saw the save point from FFX I turned off the base field models with the config option, I left the game (minigame) models and world models from the base set checked :P . It's there for people that have not used bootleg mostly. This is possibly the best illustration of how badass 7thwrapper is. You click a checkbox............ all changed. Mind blown.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 13:48:49 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2013-07-25 13:57:23 »
Indeed, that is awesome. Saves me about ten minutes of work swapping models. Ok cool thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasn't leaving out anything necessary. Have to agree, this is a real turning point for ff7.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2013-07-25 21:07:55 »
I've double checked and the Base Model set includes more than just stuff from bootleg, I noticed it changed the shinra guard field model in the opening scene, so Kaldarasha's models are actually in the base field set as well.
nope, musta run without the wrapper before posting this.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 22:52:11 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2013-07-25 21:17:40 »
I saw those in the unshaded file too though. I think some of them may have been transferred over to the base models. When you run 7thwrap with base models unchecked are the guards the original vanilla?

If that's the case is it possible to reorganize it so the base models are solidly just the original npcs and stuff, like what you'd get from a bootleg install, and put everything that's new into the unshaded option? Not only would that allow you to pick your own base model option in bootleg but it would also organize these better so you know what each option is and what it does.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 21:28:58 by cmh175 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2013-07-25 21:28:18 »
When you run 7thwrap with base models unchecked are the guards the original vanilla?

If that's the case is it possible to reorganize it so the base models are solidly just the original npcs and stuff, like what you'd get from a bootleg install, and put everything that's new into the unshaded option?
Yes and yes but I'm not ready to start organizing .iro sets yet lol. Haven't learned.

Edit: Actually, No, I musta run ff7 without the wrapper that time... I'm making a lot of incorrect posts today so I'm gonna take a break from trying to use my brain for the rest of the evening.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 22:52:34 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2013-07-25 21:30:56 »
lol true there is a learning curve. There's time anyway since we have all the weapons to convert for the field, I'm psyched to see that.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2013-07-25 23:08:32 »
Nail bat is ready for testing. This only took five minutes so I'll do one more and they're ready to test. Also, does that not look painful as hell to carry on your back?

Ok and now the Apocalypse is ready for testing.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 23:29:41 by cmh175 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2013-07-26 04:14:23 »
When I first wrote "Nail bat on field model" I thought, that's gonna look silly. It actually doesn't look that silly... This is gonna be a really cool add-on feature.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2013-07-26 04:38:25 »
Yeah it looks pretty bad ass. Kaldarasha mentioned it looked a little off though. I think it may be the position and angle. That and no one really wears baseball bats on their backs lol. I'll try readjusting it. Otherwise he mentioned maybe having an option of carrying it on his hip like a regular sword. I'll play around with it and find something that makes it really fit.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2013-07-26 14:44:08 »
Are you going to also change the weapon for Cloud's other models?
He also carries the sword on models BRIB, BHFF and on the world map.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2013-07-26 14:57:24 »
Iros is still working out how to refresh the screen so it changes when you exit the menu after changing weapons but I think that's the idea though. I was planning to convert a version for each weapon for his field and world models at least.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2013-07-26 15:21:01 »
Are you going to also change the weapon for Cloud's other models?
He also carries the sword on models BRIB, BHFF and on the world map.

That's the plan.
The High minigame with the Hardedge...

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2013-07-26 19:48:40 »
A preview of the field weapons, with original and twisted positions for those that aren't double sided. This is a draft, they still need to be adjusted to get them placed just right. Some of these may also be placed on Clouds left hip like a regular sword depending on how they fit on his back. I'll leave that to Kaldarasha. The only one not done yet is the Ultimate Weapon.

Preview pictures didn't turn out as expected, well you get the idea at least.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-26 19:50:12 by cmh175 »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2013-07-29 09:44:09 »
First release of the Dynamic Weapon (sub)Project.
1Dynamik-Weapons-Project.7z

This first release is not compatible with other Cloud versions.
This is more a proof of concept and it use only the textured weapons cmh175 has send me.
If some one wants to work on it, you are welcome. I haven't packed it, so it's easy to modify (haha, totally forget to use Iros newer release, which has an unpack feature.).